No Max Ammo for Ice Staff users?

Dahniska

Has anyone else noticed that the Agarthian Generator Patrol zombies sometimes fail to drop Max Ammos when killed by the Ice Staff? I've noticed this in the past several games I've played. They drop Max Ammos 100% of the time when killed by upgraded fist, Boomhilda, Air Strikes and more. But when I kill them all with the Ice Staff, I've only gotten Max Ammo about 3 or 4 times out of all the games (round 50+).

I haven't seen anyone else post anything like this, so I wanted to see if anyone else had noticed. This is a potentially serious problem for high rounds players, since the Ice Staff is the best staff and you need all the ammo you can get.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my experience and im not 100% sure, only the unupgraded staffs will give you max ammos

I've gotten Max Ammos from charged Ultimate Wind Staff shots like this, and in the earlier rounds from single shots of upgraded Ice (when it's still a one hit kill). Also tested this multiple times last night, but you can kill all but one of the generator zombies with charged Ice shot and still get the Max from killing the last with something else.

Side question but does it seem to anyone else that single Ice shots have been nerfed? On MatoMaster's round 100 video he was able to kill the last zombie of 99 with an Ice shot and punch. Now, I can't do that.

From my experience and im not 100% sure, only the unupgraded staffs will give you max ammos

I've gotten Max Ammos from charged Ultimate Wind Staff shots like this, and in the earlier rounds from single shots of upgraded Ice (when it's still a one hit kill). Also tested this multiple times last night, but you can kill all but one of the generator zombies with charged Ice shot and still get the Max from killing the last with something else.

Side question but does it seem to anyone else that single Ice shots have been nerfed? On MatoMaster's round 100 video he was able to kill the last zombie of 99 with an Ice shot and punch. Now, I can't do that.

Yes it changed. Earlier in the games life, you could fire single shots and they blew zombies away like the wind staff. Now they slowly, eventually die (after they kill you).

Edit: using the beacon works and will get replenished by the max ammo.

Yes it changed. Earlier in the games life, you could fire single shots and they blew zombies away like the wind staff. Now they slowly, eventually die (after they kill you).

Beacon doesn't really kill after round 60. Wish it did.

Ah, good to know. I've quit on 40 so far. It seems the game likes to poop on my long games until late in the evening, when it seems i can go on forever, but i go to bed instead.

Ah, good to know. I've quit on 40 so far. It seems the game likes to poop on my long games until late in the evening, when it seems i can go on forever, but i go to bed instead.

Good luck man. I'd just pause it overnight and come back the next day. You'll hit that 50 soon enough. I'm trying to break 70. Haven't gotten it yet, but I'm trying a lot and hard. It'll come with time.

I did a test about 15 minutes ago on the generator zombies.

I used a monkey bomb to get them underneath Odin's foot while they were attacking generator 5. He killed them and they dropped the max ammo. So alongside being able to nuke them for the max ammo at any round (or insta-kill), you can also have them killed by the robots or by the tank (presumably). Either wait for a robot to come past (luck and timing based), or you could possibly go to the tank and ride it past generator 4, throwing a monkey in front as you approach. Both of these would require perfect timing and some luck, but they are other options to get your Max Ammo at really high rounds when you have nothing to kill the generator zombies with.