Origins Ending Theories....

TheNathanNS

OK So with LiamFTWinter finishing the EE and Ehjookayted making a EE ending discussion topic, I hope I can finally post this.

I have multiple theories regarding the ending.

Theory #1: It's all just a game.....

So in the ending we see Sam and Eddie playing with figures which heavily resemble Richtofen Nikolai and Takeo in their World at War appearence. Towards the ending we also see figures of Russman and Samuel, underneath the bed.

When Sam starts knocking the zombies over, she knocks over a zombie from Buried and a zombie from Mob of the Dead. [This is how MOTD probably ties in as well]

Eddie says "Their eyes should be blue" hinting he's the real Richtofen. It would also explain why he claims Sam cheated on Moon/Green Run.

We see a Juggernog soda bottle, as with the reason below, it's not uncommon for young kids to make up powers from drinks.

It's not uncommon for kids' games to have a lot of loopholes. Hell, I can think back to when I was 6 and think how many loopholes my "stories" had.

In Origins there are those Panzer things [iDK] and I'm sure I saw a Panzer figure in the ending.

The idea from the Wonder Weapons possibly originated from the 2 brainstorming. The obvious one is the Monkey Bomb, with Sam's pajamas having a Monkey pattern.

When the camera is panning, there is a chalk outline on the wall.

Behind Eddie, there is a bus. Due to the TranZit figures under the bed towards the end, I'm guessing that was "the TranZit" bus.

Towards the end, there is a box with a question mark. You all know what that means.

We all know that Call of Duty is unrealistic. But 1000ft robots and 2025 weapons in 1918 is a bit much, even for COD. But with kids imaginations, nothing is unrealistic.

These reasons I think Zombies never happened. They had all the toys at the ready and what wasn't a toy, was something the 2 drew/made. Like the wall weapon and the mystery box.

Theory #2: It's a prequel....

This is a massive loop if Treyarch wanted Origins to be the ending.

How would Samantha OR Eddie know who Sarah Michelle Gellar, John F. Kennedy, Richard Nixon, Danny Teyjo, Micheal Rooker, Fidel Castro, Robert Macnamara, George Romero and Robert Englund were?!?

I know being the child of a scientist would mean your more likely to pick up Science lingo, but no young child would be able to use big scientific words like Maxis uses in the radios. Or like Richtofen uses in some maps.

Samantha and Eddie wanted their heroes to be real and Sam said "My dad has a plan" This could mean multiple things, like Origins never happened, but Der Riese did or that's when Maxis started testing with 115.. It would also explain why the 115 metorites are blue in Origins instead of red.

In MOTD, Sal was arrested for prostitution rings. How would 8 year olds know that?

There are just too many things in various zombie maps that kids wouldn't be able to imagine. Like the COTD characters/Five.

I know you can say "Five wasn't canon" but remember in Ascension, we hear the characters.

OK So those are my theories/reasons of why Zombies did/didn't happen.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. They were running out of ideas since black ops 2 tranzit.

Its got to be done, the last part with the dad has a plan thing has to just imply its before the zombies creation. At any point they are kids, so most of the storyline was not made by them, and just the box, jugs, heros, and the weapon outlines, which kids can create, not complex equations like solving the ultimate fire staff.

The map's name is origins as well, which implies that this was way before Cod: WaW.

As I said before, a lot of people are having trouble figuring out how this was all a game, and IMO, it wasn't. This was just two kids playing, and as time went on in the real world, it really happened. This was at their child like mental state however, as Samatha gained control, she was older, however he appearance never differed, but older. In this process she could have thought up many complicated things like everything that occurs in the zombies maps.

Theory #2 happens to be what I'm thinking too. There are just too many complex things for two little kids to come up with. Not to mention the involvement of real life characters in the story.

I also forgot to mention about why would Sam play a game where her father is killed? Or even when she's killed [Der Riese radio]

That's.... a bit much. For a young child anyway.

Lol. They were running out of ideas since black ops 2 tranzit.

Lol yeah. They had over a year to think of a compelling story. They failed. :|

Those kids are the smartest, most creative, most...psychotic, demented, sick twisted freaks ever to be spawned. If I ever have kids, I hope they are like them.

Ending still sucks.

Thanks for the cool map though.

There once was a man from Peru

Who dreamed he lived in his shoe

He woke up with a fright

In the middle of the night

To find that his dream had PUH-PUH-PUH-PISSSED BLOOOD!!!!