So what happened to this stuff?

Could someone please tell me what happened to these things?

Mend the rift, what was up with that? Not sure if I missed a thread but what was that about?

Stu's zombie noises and The Flesh. Is it just me, or are there no moans from him in Buried? Only in Die Rise?

What is with Russman? Did they say he was an agent or something? What was his first name? What did he do and whatnot?

Richtofen says something about breaking the cycle right? But the next map takes place a lot earlier than Buried... But then if you did his side he takes over Stu's body. What's next?

Please tell me none of these are unanswered.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Richtofen says something about breaking the cycle right? But the next map takes place a lot earlier than Buried... But then if you did his side he takes over Stu's body. What's next?

Most of these are not directly answered and can be speculated and debated on.

Mend the Rift - if I'm not mistaken - was a sideplot they introduced in Die Rise and, well, they never really did anything with it from that point on.

Stu hears groans and moaning from what appear to be the Zombies trying to talk to him, they can be hear saying 'lies' 'help me' and 'kill me'.

Russman was a former operative of Broken Arrow, he cannot remember much and as a result the Crew only know him as 'Russman'. What he did during his time at Broken Arrow is unknown, it is known that he knew Stu back then though.

Mend the Rift - if I'm not mistaken - was a sideplot they introduced in Die Rise and, well, they never really did anything with it from that point on.

Stu hears groans and moaning from what appear to be the Zombies trying to talk to him, they can be hear saying 'lies' 'help me' and 'kill me'.

Russman was a former operative of Broken Arrow, he cannot remember much and as a result the Crew only know him as 'Russman'. What he did during his time at Broken Arrow is unknown, it is known that he knew Stu back then though.

How do we know that the Zombies were trying to talk to him and he wasn't actually making the noises?

The rift was that giant hole in Buried, next to the mining operation and underground town. It might have had something to do with Agartha's gateway, so when Richtofen says "Mend the Rift", that might've been him just basically saying "Give me control of the towers". Since Maxis doesn't say anything about it, it could be assumed the rift was the gateway to Agartha, and that Richtofen wants to "mend" it so Maxis doesn't use it.

Actually we know what Mend the rift meant exactly and it had everything to do with Buried. Richtofen told stu to mend the rift so the earth would heal itself and stay intact. Maxis wanted the opposite so he could reach agartha and find his daughter.

How do we know that the Zombies were trying to talk to him and he wasn't actually making the noises?

Because they A: only trigger during certain events (killing zombies/looking at them while they're walking towards you [basicly when they're helpless] and when doing the EE for Maxis)

B: One of the [cut] soundfiles is Samuel responding to the groaning. "Ahh it spoke! One of them spoke!" is what he says.

C: It wouldn't make sense if Stu was pleading and asking for help, let alone make such noises.