Perma-Perks in 'Origins'?

Do any of you think that the perma-perks (or persistent upgrades if were being pedantic) will be in 'Origins'? I hope not.

So far they have only appeared on the maps that contain the new characters. To me it just shows that these characters are pansies and cannot handle the Zombie onslaught. With origins were back to playing as a Marine, a Samurai, a Russian Drunk, and a Craaaaaaazy German (Man I love Richtofen). These hard B**tards don't need carrying through the game.

Being serious though I'm sick of perma-perks now. They were novel to start with but now there just plain aggravating. Take Perma-Tombstone, I earned it with a friend to see if it was real after watching a you-tube vid and now I can't get rid of it. I've played around 30 games since gaining it and I just cannot shake it off, anyone know how to lose it? Answers on a Post-Card please.

They should remove them from the game now I think. They make the game too easy when you have them and getting the flashes and sounds every 30 seconds through the game is annoying as hell.

Let me know what your view are, I've had enough of them.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

There won't be any kind of persistent upgrades in this map, considering that those abilities were only given to the new crew. I've heard speculations during Mob of the Dead that what you do on there would still affect what upgrades you had if you played Die Rise or Tranzit, but I'm not very sure if that's true or not.

The best thing we can hope for is to have every perk machine that we love in this map. (Don't expect all perks, though.)

I've never noticed any correlation between MotD and the perma's on the other maps. Always though that MotD was a stand-alone by the Multi-player team to give the Zombie crew more time to work on something.

Do you know how to rid yourself of the dreaded (or loved) perma-tombstone. I'm concerned that I've had it so long now that if a lose it I wouldn't know what to do after I get downed. You get too reliant on these things.

I thought I had lost it by jumping off the cliff besided PaP in Buried.. I respawned with no perks.. After going down last night on Tranzit, I was up with 3 perks, so I guess that was just a one time instance on Buried.. No idea now to lose it.

I think if you die (i.e. bleed out or fall off) you come back without them, but if you are revived you get them, that's the perma-perk. Or at least this is me experience of it.