Need Zombie Sounds

Hey everyone. I am creating some Zombie inspired music. I am in need of any and all sounds from within the game.

This could be Zombie roars/moans (preferred), radio transmissions, character quotes, gun sound effects, perk machine sounds/songs, other zombie specific sounds.

I'm not asking everyone to go record me audio, but instead, if you happen to have any of these sounds, please let me know. If you know where some of these sounds are located, please reply with a link.

My hope over the next few weeks is to create a large sound library and use these sounds to create some tunes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd probably be your guy. I've got a bunch of sound effects, audio, and music. Thing is though, it is incomplete without the Mob of the Dead soundtrack. I aim to get it (hopefully by winning the PDT's contest, otherwise buying it). How are you going to do this? Are you going to obtain the Mob of the Dead, or will you forsake it?

Also, do you own the Black Ops Soundtrack?

I don't think I'll need a full soundtrack, just the general sounds. Need moans and groans mostly, some character quotes, etc..

The music could help, but only for the respective melodies, which will be re-written on a synthesizer. I won't actually mix the actual songs in, just take the notes and rhythm for the melody. I plan on applying the groans/moans into a synth and making some resampled basslines/effects.

If you're my guy, where is your library? Do you have a cloud based file share website? Are all your sounds on your hard drive? Let me know how we can go about exchanging files either through a reply here or PM.

Hmmm...

I'm not asking you, MMX, or anyone else for that matter, to violate any copyright or piracy laws. If these in-game sounds that I'm looking for can be obtained by purchasing a soundtrack, I will purchase said soundtrack and would just like some verification that such sounds can be obtained that way.

Alternately, I am aware of certain copyright laws that allow sounds to be used within different contexts. Since I will be altering these sounds enough so that they won't any longer be stock sounds from the game, I'm within the law. Let's say I wanted to make a song using sounds from the Aliens films...I could record the audio directly from the film, then do whatever to the sound and I would not be violating any laws since the Alien sounds are respective to the film and not music. I could theoretically do the same with the in-game sounds of Zombies, but since most of the quotes are triggered with other sounds, i.e. gunshots, this creates an unwanted background noise. If I were very careful I may be able to capture some pure sounds this way, but it would be far easier to just have the core sound files. So, if you know of any ways outside of purchasing the game for PC and digging through the core files to obtain core audio, I would love to know.

I'm not exactly sure we're on the same page here as far as my intent is concerned. I'm just after samples and I intend on using these samples to create remixed music. If you have recorded or otherwise obtained core audio files, there would be no copyright infringement if you shared said files with me.

No, I can give you sound effects and music, etc. However, the ones contained within the Black Ops Soundtrack were specifically sold by Treyarch. If I redistribute them for free, I am breaking the law. So, I can give you all the rest. However, I can only give you those ones if you own the Moon map, as that means you already own them. Once you own the audio, you can do whatever you want with them, more or less.