Tower theory, perk-paradox, and the rift! EXPLAIN!

Alright mob of the dead: I've personally thought its been a grand map so far! Not too big, not too small, seceret song Easter egg I LOVE! but there are a few bits and bobs that don't add up!

For instance: Why? The whole map has almost nothing to do with the story line of Samule, richtofen, or even with Nikolai and their companys...

2: Perks: Phd, and deadshot did NOT exist in this time period, as did any other perk that shakes black and white...

And 3: Why does the Weasle Easter egg end two ways? One "continuing the cycle" and one "breaking the cycle" ...

Well to REALLY begin we have to not look at mob of the dead, but at GREIF cell block:

We know greif comes after MOTD because of a little imprint left by our favorite nazi anouncer: Richtofen...

Anyone who's played bioshock infinite will understand the term: Tear... Well substitute "tear" with rift! Now imagine your at a table with a bowl of water and some salt, and a rubber duck! The bowl of water represents the rift, the bottom of the bowl represents what I call "the afterlife conduit" and the top of the bowl is the current time you exist in...

Now say your a poor soul who's recently received an RPG and SMr from the box on round 20... Your dead now yes? Well your soul is now sucked strait into the bottom of the bowl and rest there, where ever this "afterlife conduit" is... Now take your salt... Your salt is 115.. Sprinkle a bit on that soul and it rises like certain objects do in salt water! Now you have undead amung the living, and thats not good...

Now if richtofen has the ability to apply salt where he wishes BUT he can not do much else (this explains why he can bring samule and co. back from the dead). Next! We move to the perk machines: They are your rubber ducks! You can put them wherever you want on the surface all you want... But if you try to put one under the water... It's gona bob back up...

That is what the perks are doing in MOTD! Look at them! All of them: Jugg, speed cola, deadshot, phd, mule kick, even pack a punch! All EXEPT one perk:

Eletric cherry! BECAUSE its not a duck! Eletric cherry is from this time period so it doesn't bob back! It's something that was actually there, all the time in this hellish form of Alcatraz...

Now: Alcatraz: Its not Alcatraz... Well it was... It's the Alcatraz Arlington remembers: Like the black box on a plane: It remembers everything and puts it on repeat for eternity... The constant escape from the island, and then his own murder... The other four remember the eletric chair, and so their memorys of the bridge-crash are sort of flashed into arlington's...

But back to the point, THIS Alcatraz is actually "hell"... A hell where in the mind of al arlington, he constantly keeps letting himself get killed by zombies, Until the rift came... The bridge was never a part of Al's memory and only came apart of it when the perks arived...

See when richtofen pushed the perks back into the 1930s he caused 3 MAJOR changes:

1: Reality was different now... Now they don't have to loop, they're different outcomes to the normal cycle... All because you added perks!

2: Memory's from Al's associates were leaked into Al's head creating the bridge...

3: While souls may come and go between the gates of hell as they please, physical objects are NOT soposed to enter hell, let alone change one's nightmare-reality... This angers the guard of, not alcatraz, but of hell: Brutus.. Who then attempts to keep the cycle on track again...

Now imagine Al's cycle is a record player stuck on repeat... You keep hearing the same thing over and over, but put a crack in it... And it falls off... Ending the sound but destroying the endless process... But that crack must be placed in the perfect spot so it jumps the disk: The perk's point of entry: The bridge... Normally when a cycle is made, lightning strikes the Golden gate bridge... Balanced by the living souls of the 3 memory's of al's co-workers, and al himself... When the lightning strikes the tower normally nothing happens... But if there's a crack it creates a reaction... However small... That effects richtofen and maxis in some way, 100 years down the line... Likely killing Arlington has a different effect on the balance of eletrisity then killing the other 3 one being preferred by maxis.. The other by richtofen...

So yeah... That's my basic thought on the map, and how it DOES infact relate somewhat to our current zombies conundrum....

What do you all think?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like how the EE makes the game actually end that its almost like telling us to go back to one of the other maps now and either do or look for something and whatever we find would kind of be like our legit reward for beating that map. I know people have been wanting an ending for a long time but I can't help thinking the game over screen isn't the true reward, at least in Tranzit there was a powerup drop :P

I absolutely love your Analogies :D

So I too share these ideas, However the bit that just wrecks my brain is: Why has Treyarch made this?. You could say it's a side story or could it be an asset to the overall storyline... Well what exactly have we learned from this map:

1. It's before any other map (so does that mean it's a prequel or a glimpse into the past OR maybe Treyarch are so deep that it's foreshadowing what is yet to come due to everything being in a cycle... I know right... deep)

2. That there is an ongoing cycle that you can either break or continue (Perhaps a metaphorical link to zombies as a whole)

3. Perks are in flux, showing it is possible for Richtofen to bring perks from A. another time B. another Plain/Dimension (which you explained rather well I might add)

4. The characters are very much similar to our original 4 with 1 of them betraying the rest (Again, could be foreshadowing)

5. They have no recollection of what happened to them when they die (much like Samuel and co.)

From what I've seen of this map it gives us more Questions than answers, which I really like. Not to mention this map screams THEME-ING Which