Where the Zombies come from/How Zombies got to 1930's

Well, I picked up Black Ops II for a quick game of zombies, but I forgot I had deleted the most recent patch to do a no-clip glitch in TranZit for footage. ANYWAY, after I redownloaded it, I got the maxis Diary entry.

Though our matter transference tests at the new site have been largely unsuccessful, the teleporter's malfunction has nonetheless yielded some interesting data.

The fact that the test subjects departed their original point of origin is undeniable. What is uncertain is what became of them. Doctor Richtofen is insistent in his belief that they have been transported not through space - but through time. In the absence of empirical evidence, I myself cannot entertain such... madness.

I fear that the good Doctor's increasing irrationality may soon prove a liability to our endeavours...

BUT THROUGH TIME

See, Treyarch as already told us! Some test subjects (Zombies were test subjects in Der Reise Radios) were sent back in time! Probably not enough to be EVERY zombie on Alcatraz, but enough to bring 115 and be able to infect other people.

So there we go. Problem solved.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

It's not that easy, friendo. We have not proven backward time travel - only forward time travel.

Our storyline is built from traveling forward in time, all the way from Der Riese to Die Rise. Each map systematically progressed in either a couple of years or in whole decades. When we visit older maps (such as Mob of the Dead), they are there to explain what was occurring before particular incidents.

Tl;dr: We either stay present, or move towards to the future in regards to time travel, but not backwards.

• Administrators

If we can't travel backward, then this means Moon and Shangri-La are POST CotD?

Cool.

(Honestly not being sarcastic, I'm just surprised by this.)

Moon was actually never proven to happen in the past; we just had insufficient evidence leading to it. I mean, there were some absolutely beautiful theories (like Shooter's No Man's Land date) that bolstered the support of it happening in the past. But when you think of the transitioning, nothing adds up the way it should have. The order is scrambled in some way, or it may not be. Our O4 went form teleportation to lunar landers to teleportation to being in a jungle to No Man's Land and back to having accessible teleportation. That means Moon and Shangri-la would have to consecutively progressed forward.

It's very hard to explain because our timeline isn't exactly linear. I recall MMX making a very nice diagram of how each map's timeline connected to one another.

• Administrators

The only evidence that I can find for backwards time travel would be from Kino Der Toten to Ascension. Kino Der Toten is said to be in 1968-1969, while Ascension is during FIVE in around 1962. Evidence for which is here: http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/view ... 67&t=11967

But yeah, I mean obviously those can be wrong, but it's all I've got to go on now and I do think it's possible.

The only evidence that I can find for backwards time travel would be from Kino Der Toten to Ascension. Kino Der Toten is said to be in 1968-1969, while Ascension is during FIVE in around 1962. Evidence for which is here: http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/view ... 67&t=11967

But yeah, I mean obviously those can be wrong, but it's all I've got to go on now and I do think it's possible.

It has to be backwards time travel because the Fernsehturm began construction in 1965 and kino is obviously after that.