My thoughts about the ending of the zombies story: Die Rise

I really do not think there are 2 voices, or there is anything else in the aether. I can go on a really long explanation, but I feel people will not listen simply because they get caught up on a personal belief.

Regardless....

I believe there is currently only 1 specimen in the aether. Previous to the zombies happening there was no "motive". There was simply only the tested reactions shown on the film reels in Kino. Why did the Zombies not show any control before Samantha? Most likely because there was no one in control.

The reason Samantha tells Richtofen that there is something more evil than him here. The reason is because she is telling Richtofen that the only thing worse than the evil he is inflicting on others is being trapped in the aether and being forced to listen to himself forever. He is going to be stuck in his own personal hell. He was already going "crazy" while still "alive" per say, however, now he is going to be stuck in the MTD forever.

I believe the reason they swapped out the final quote from Maxis on moon from the hidden quote talking about how he hopped his calculations are correct. They instead changed it to the evil laugh. I believe the reason he is laughing is because he is getting his ultimate revenge on Richtofen. In exchange for "killing" his daughter, he is going to blow up the Earth, and not the Moon, so Richtofen is stuck in the MTD forever. He will have no Zombies, and no people. He will be stuck on the moon, inside the MTD (keeping his body alive), and he will be there forever. Forced to talk to himself, forced to live in his own hell.

The demon in the Aether is YOU! The demon is the "darkness". The dark side of humans. Humans enter the Aether and are corrupted by the power. That is what is so horrible. Ultimate power, but eternal hell.

Richtofen is going under changed in the Aether. That is evidence by him talking. If you are playing Tranzit Richtofen will caugh and say he is just getting used to the Aether. Think of it like a drug. Eventually he will become addicted, and want more, and more, and more. But with the Earth gone he will be going through withdrawals forever, with nothing to possibly help him, ever. He will have to live with himself.

Thus, the something that lies here that is "far darker than you" is simply the horrors of ones own mind. The horror of living in solitude FOREVER.

The end of Die Rise features what sounds like someone getting locked in a jail. That could be a metaphor for what is happening to Richtofen. He is stuck, and needs Stu to "mend the rift" (which could mean the rift between building and meaning jump the buildings but could also mean fix what is broken, or get him out of his own hell).

Please consider what was posted above. Treyarch does a good job of showing us what is going on. Even the most crazy ideas have some basis. However most of the basis for the 2 voices is based upon people believing that there are 2 voices in the elevator scene. This is based on nothing, and Treyarch goes through the trouble of showing you that they are the same (in order to continue showing you how Stu is different because of the Flesh.).

It's all in the storyline, especially for the people that have played BO1 and WaW. A lot of the people making theories are making them based just on BO2.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do not think there are 2 voices, or there is anything else in the aether. I can go on a really long explanation, but I feel people will not listen simply because they get caught up on a personal belief.

Regardless....

I believe there is currently only 1 specimen in the aether. Previous to the zombies happening there was no "motive". There was simply only the tested reactions shown on the film reels in Kino. Why did the Zombies not show any control before Samantha? Most likely because there was no one in control.

The reason Samantha tells Richtofen that there is something more evil than him here. The reason is because she is telling Richtofen that the only thing worse than the evil he is inflicting on others is being trapped in the aether and being forced to listen to himself forever. He is going to be stuck in his own personal hell. He was already going "crazy" while still "alive" per say, however, now he is going to be stuck in the MTD forever.

I believe the reason they swapped out the final quote from Maxis on moon from the hidden quote talking about how he hopped his calculations are correct. They instead changed it to the evil laugh. I believe the reason he is laughing is because he is getting his ultimate revenge on Richtofen. In exchange for "killing" his daughter, he is going to blow up the Earth, and not the Moon, so Richtofen is stuck in the MTD forever. He will have no Zombies, and no people. He will be stuck on the moon, inside the MTD (keeping his body alive), and he will be there forever. Forced to talk to himself, forced to live in his own hell.

The demon in the Aether is YOU! The demon is the "darkness". The dark side of humans. Humans enter the Aether and are corrupted by the power. That is what is so horrible. Ultimate power, but eternal hell.

Richtofen is going under changed in the Aether. That is evidence by him talking. If you are playing Tranzit Richtofen will caugh and say he is just getting used to the Aether. Think of it like a drug. Eventually he will become addicted, and want more, and more, and more. But with the Earth gone he will be going through withdrawals forever, with nothing to possibly help him, ever. He will have to live with himself.

Thus, the something that lies here that is "far darker than you" is simply the horrors of ones own mind. The horror of living in solitude FOREVER.

The end of Die Rise features what sounds like someone getting locked in a jail. That could be a metaphor for what is happening to Richtofen. He is stuck, and needs Stu to "mend the rift" (which could mean the rift between building and meaning jump the buildings but could also mean fix what is broken, or get him out of his own hell).

Please consider what was posted above. Treyarch does a good job of showing us what is going on. Even the most crazy ideas have some basis. However most of the basis for the 2 voices is based upon people believing that there are 2 voices in the elevator scene. This is based on nothing, and Treyarch goes through the trouble of showing you that they are the same (in order to continue showing you how Stu is different because of the Flesh.).

It's all in the storyline, especially for the people that have played BO1 and WaW. A lot of the people making theories are making them based just on BO2.

Hmmm... What you are saying does make a lot of sense. It covers up Richtofens motives of making us do easter eggs and stuff, which to me is very important. And also, people being corrupted by Aether, that might just be true. Like Samantha, a shy little girl who gains control of the zombies and suddenly goes on a rampage to get Richtofen en his squad killed... Clever, I must say.

Though, this creates another question. What is doctor Maxis trying to get done, when we're doing Easter Eggs for him? He has already earned his ultimate revenge and disposing of mankind would be the ideal way to make Richtofen suffer, as he will be left alone with himself. Why would he suddenly want to change his plans?

Regardless....

Very good and well said Xieon that makes alot of since thank you