This needs to be fixed (Galvaknuckles room exploit)

Dahniska

I was checking the leaderboards a bit ago and took a glance at the latest world record. Basically, the guy used an exploit in the small room where you buy Galvaknuckles before dropping down to the AN-94. When you're there, zombies will only spawn from the window next to the knuckles. If you sit in front of that window and periodically shoot Sliquifier shots at the ground, all zombies will die as they spawn.

This wouldn't be so dumb if they could spawn from other windows, but as it is, this takes all skill away from the game.

Treyarch really should fix this. This is gonna become to Die Rise what the tunnel barrier glitch was to TranZit.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not a glitch. That's an exploitation of spawns. He's not glitching, he's just making the best use of the spawn points around him. It's called playing smart.

There's another equally easy spot to camp in which you chill by the AN-94 with the door closed. They'll only come from two directions. One player window licks while the other spams the Sliquifier.

Treyarch understands spawn points. It's not a glitch—it's the smart place to be.

That's not a glitch. That's an exploitation of spawns. He's not glitching, he's just making the best use of the spawn points around him. It's called playing smart.

There's another equally easy spot to camp in which you chill by the AN-94 with the door closed. They'll only come from two directions. One player window licks while the other spams the Sliquifier.

Treyarch understands spawn points. It's not a glitch—it's the smart place to be.

It has it's downsides too, if you have to deal with a nova 6 round you almost always die and if you do get over run it is certain death. Holding off there is already taking major chances.

It has it's downsides too, if you have to deal with a nova 6 round you almost always die and if you do get over run it is certain death. Holding off there is already taking major chances.

nova rounds are extremely easy there if you have 4 people, and if you have the Sliquifier as well then you'll be double set because the Novas are useless once they step in the goo, I'm surprised no one is using the Trample Steams to hold off area like this although the major trolling with them has already started XD

Notice how I didn't say "glitch", I said "exploit".

What this guy said. The spot you mentioned has a weakness (I'd even go so far as to say that Treyarch made that room the way it is with that very intent in mind, that you could camp there but it's risky due to the weapon being next to the spawn that you can't control. Not to mention that it's a one-use thing, there's no way out except that exit which removes your defense) - this one I'm talking about doesn't. You can always just jump down if you get overrun, do a lap in the level, reset everything and continue.

I know that you're a good zombies player, your Tranzit guide had some great tips. But think about what I'm saying. The spot in question could take 4 people easily - each with their own Sliquifier. That's 200 shots, and each shot can kill over 24 zombies easily. Do the math and basically you're certain to get enough Max Ammos (especially with the crawler rounds) until who knows when. Not to mention, 4 Trample Steam traps as well if they get past the goo. This is beyond dumb and takes no skill, not compared to running a real train. I don't think Treyarch made the map with this intent, especially if you think about most of their maps. One of their concepts in map design is that every place - every camping spot - has a weakness. There is no Zombies map that has this possibility like this that isn't a glitch. I think it would be reasonable to patch the map and allow the zombies to spawn at other places.

I'm sorry but I disagree. Yes it is being smart and using the spawns, but I believe it wasn't intended to work the way it does. Zombies can and do spawn and drop down the series of jumps you have to make until you step in the room. I would think they still should be able to pop up behind. The fact that they don't surprises me greatly.

It is an exploit, not a glitch necessarily. If Treyarch discovers it and disagrees with it's use, I'm sure we'll see it fixed. If not it's just the perfect place to be. 4 people down there, 1 with the sliquifier, and the others with whatever they want should be able to hold out nearly indefinitely, and progress at a pretty decent pace.

The only reason I'm more opposed to this than to some of the other rooms you can camp is because, in my mind, there is no reason the zombies should stop spawning above and dropping down the jumps to get behind you.

Okay, after trying this out myself to round 40, I do agree it's a bit unfair. However, it's just camping. There's no foul play; it's simply a cheap, easy, borderline unfair way to get high rounds. Would I do it to round 100? Round 115? Round 150? No. I couldn't willingly claim a record on a map camping the entire time when someone else was busting their ass off in the Dragon Room.

However, Treyarch knows how their spawn zones work. They understood that this was one spawn zone with only one way for zombies to come through. But, if you think about, it isn't all that different from training in a fast location. Take the Ascension PaP strategy. For those of you that do not know, this is one of the fastest areas in Zombies history: Zombies will only spawn in the Pack a Punch room and the windows below the rocket launch pad. This makes for incredibly quick high rounds; hordes can be cleared in 22 seconds (that's compared to 90 seconds doing the Flopper train).

I'm watching TheRelaxingEnd's livestream of him doing this strategy. He just cleared round 70 in two minutes. TWO MINUTES. Let's do the math for this.

On round 70 on solo, there are 448 zombies. 448/120=3.7 seconds per horde.

The fastest possible strategy on Black Ops took 19 seconds per horde, again on Ascension, but this time in the power. 19 seconds was unheard of.

But this is 3.7 seconds per horde.

I couldn't, in good conscience, go to 100 using this strategy. While no, it is not a glitch, it is unfair and it is detrimental to the integrity of the game.

That being said, however, it IS different from training in a fast area. It involves no skill—merely an ability to aim and shoot. You don't even need Juggernog. Training in places like the Pack a Punch on Ascension takes skill.

But, of course, camping is still a viable strategy for the early rounds. You can camp up until the forties. And, as all high round players know, those early rounds are slow and monotonous.

So, I'm offering a compromise. Most high rounds begin with camping in a spot with quick spawns. I see nothing wrong with camping in the Galvaknuckle room up into the low-mid forties. Then, I think it's fair to move to the Dragon Room or the Buddha Room when the spawn rates get up really high and 'camping' becomes 'abusing zone mechanics'.

Just my thoughts.