Black Ops 2 Zombies, What do you think so far?

Im going to start off by saying this isn't going to be a post about any deep thoughts or EE theories. I was just curious on what you all thought about Black Ops 2 Zombies as a whole. Do you like it? Do you hate it? If you could change something what would it be? I will be reading any and all replies.

I personally love the new Zombies. TranZit is amazing I could play that all day and not get bored one bit. I do think Treyarc went a bit crazy with the amount of lava they put in though. Survival is alot of fun too, but I was a little upset with the size of the maps. Overall I have a lot of fun with Black Ops 2 Zombies and I will continue playing it daily. I do miss the crazy Wonder Weapons though.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree :)

I've recently gotten into going for high rounds on solo, after training in Grief for a couple weeks lol.

I think Tranzit can get a little frustrating to go around and collect perks and things and then the bus leaves arrghhhh ahahaha, but other than that it's really amazing what they've done with the game mode IMO!

As you say, survival maps are a little too tight for my liking, but then they did spend a lot of time on Green Run as a whole I'd think.

I'm still hoping there is more to Nuketown, because it's a little quiet on the Easter egg front at the moment...

I agree :)

I've recently gotten into going for high rounds on solo, after training in Grief for a couple weeks lol.

I think Tranzit can get a little frustrating to go around and collect perks and things and then the bus leaves arrghhhh ahahaha, but other than that it's really amazing what they've done with the game mode IMO!

As you say, survival maps are a little too tight for my liking, but then they did spend a lot of time on Green Run as a whole I'd think.

I'm still hoping there is more to Nuketown, because it's a little quiet on the Easter egg front at the moment...

I still haven't gotten or played Nuketown yet :(

All zombie maps boggle the mind for a little while and then I grok them and they become fun and easy.

Tranzit was no different. The other day I didn't think twice about running the fog from farm to town in the middle of round 27, that is when I knew I had mastered the map.

I just need to memorize one or two more lamp surroundings, so that I know which one I just teleported to.

Eh, it's got its good and bad.

Good;

The concept of build-ables

Big map in TranZit mode

The concept of a rideable vehicle

"Easter egg"/sidequest with two paths

Nuketown, while small, has a great look and feel to it

The concept of multi-Pack-A-Punch

Galvaknuckles are BAD ASS

Zombies theater mode

Custom games

Saving points/guns from game to game.

Bad;

TranZit mode is big... but it's mostly empty. Just a collection of small play areas connected by emptiness covered in ugly fog. It makes the map feel like mostly padding... like they made it big just for the sake of saying it's big, when it could have easily been a fraction of the size.

The bus sounds cool in concept, but the reality is too much waiting around, and the result is often a very slow-paced game that can be very, very boring at times.

Both sides of the EE are short and have no epic rewards.

Having to open the PaP every time you want to use it... again slowing down gameplay and making things unnecessarily tedious.

The execution of multiple PaP is awful. Mostly useless attachments.... oh joy. No damage increase, no ammo. The community has come up with MUCH better ideas for how to implement such a mechanic.

The survival maps (except for Nuketown) feel like an afterthought. Just take one of the small areas in TranZit mode and throw in a few perks (or not) and a PaP machine (or not).

The customization for the games should have been deeper. Perks and PaP available on every map if you want them, for instance.

Skipping out on 3 of the perks added in the last game is extremely disappointing to me. Why are we taking things backwards?

No new Wonder Weapon??? Seriously?!

And yeah.... the fire. Everywhere. So annoying.

I dunno, that's just off the top of my head. Black Ops II Zombies has been fun, and I can probably say I've gotten my money's worth... but overall I'd have to say I've been pretty disappointed.

And please.... before you flame, remember the OP asked what we thought. He didn't say "praise the game here". So I'm offering my opinion, which was requested. Just wanted to point that out before people jump on my case for not thinking it's the best thing ever.

Edit; I should also point out... I do understand why some elements (like the EE reward and the amount of perks) were tame compared to what we became used to in the Black Ops DLC. They have to have something to build up to. I get it. It's like a July 4th Fireworks show (for my fellow Americans). Even if you go to a place that has a bigger and better display every year, they aren't going to start off bigger than the previous year's finale. I get it.... I really do. I still don't like it, and I still expected more.

Eh, it's got its good and bad.

Good;

The concept of build-ables

Big map in TranZit mode

The concept of a rideable vehicle

"Easter egg"/sidequest with two paths

Nuketown, while small, has a great look and feel to it

The concept of multi-Pack-A-Punch

Galvaknuckles are BAD ASS

Zombies theater mode

Custom games

Saving points/guns from game to game.

Bad;

TranZit mode is big... but it's mostly empty. Just a collection of small play areas connected by emptiness covered in ugly fog. It makes the map feel like mostly padding... like they made it big just for the sake of saying it's big, when it could have easily been a fraction of the size.

The bus sounds cool in concept, but the reality is too much waiting around, and the result is often a very slow-paced game that can be very, very boring at times.

Both sides of the EE are short and have no epic rewards.

Having to open the PaP every time you want to use it... again slowing down gameplay and making things unnecessarily tedious.

The execution of multiple PaP is awful. Mostly useless attachments.... oh joy. No damage increase, no ammo. The community has come up with MUCH better ideas for how to implement such a mechanic.

The survival maps (except for Nuketown) feel like an afterthought. Just take one of the small areas in TranZit mode and throw in a few perks (or not) and a PaP machine (or not).

The customization for the games should have been deeper. Perks and PaP available on every map if you want them, for instance.

Skipping out on 3 of the perks added in the last game is extremely disappointing to me. Why are we taking things backwards?

No new Wonder Weapon??? Seriously?!

And yeah.... the fire. Everywhere. So annoying.

I dunno, that's just off the top of my head. Black Ops II Zombies has been fun, and I can probably say I've gotten my money's worth... but overall I'd have to say I've been pretty disappointed.

And please.... before you flame, remember the OP asked what we thought. He didn't say "praise the game here". So I'm offering my opinion, which was requested. Just wanted to point that out before people jump on my case for not thinking it's the best thing ever.

Edit; I should also point out... I do understand why some elements (like the EE reward and the amount of perks) were tame compared to what we became used to in the Black Ops DLC. They have to have something to build up to. I get it. It's like a July 4th Fireworks show (for my fellow Americans). Even if you go to a place that has a bigger and better display every year, they aren't going to start off bigger than the previous year's finale. I get it.... I really do. I still don't like it, and I still expected more.

I really liked this post it seemed to be well thought out and honest, which is what I wanted from the people who submit a reply. Although I really enjoy the new Zombies, it's still not my favorite. You do bring up some valid points as well. Thanks for posting.

I love zombies and play tranzit alot but some of the stuff put into BO2 kinda changed the way i play. I went from playing with randoms and not minding picking ppl up whenever to not being able to get to a person who is down because they are across the map also the fact the round stops counting after someone leaves bothers me.The zombies shield is something that is great as is the turbine i would of loved having a legit wonderweapon but seeing as the jet gun doesnt take up a gun slot and is unlimited (aside from cool down period)it kinda evens out. Taking out PHD is something that grinded my gears at first but ive learned to do without. I really wish the pack a punch would stay open because its kinda a pain in the ass. The Fog usto bother me alot but it doesnt bother me anymore it is what it is i guess.. sorry if i rambled on with sentences that dont make sence