Zombies (standalone) - Thoughts + Ideas

Hey guys, I have been thinking more and more what they will do with zombies after this or the next game. Either a)they will continue their way of having Zombies in the game b)they will create a standalone zombie game that exists outside the standard 3arc/IW cycle or B) they will have a completely new way of giving us our zombies. I personally would like b and I have thought out some ideas.

Xbox Live / PlayStation Network / Steam

Public Match

Solo

Custom Games

Custom Maps

Dead Ops Arcade

Options

System Link

Local

Options

Store (Xbox)

The maps are as follows (thanks goes to MMX for making this list):

Berlin Germany

Nacht der Untoten

Survival

Grief (Soviets v. Nazis)

Turned

Verrückt

Survival

Grief (Americans v. Nazis)

Turned

Der Riese

Survival

Grief

Turned

Kino der Toten

Survival

Grief

Turned

Rising Sun Japan

Shi No Numa

Survival

Grief

Turned

District of Columbia U.S.A.

"Five"

Survival

Grief

Turned

House

Survival

Grief

Turned

Facility

Survival

Grief

Turned

Baikonur Soviet Union

Ascension

Survival

Grief

Turned

Siberia Soviet Union

Call of the Dead

Survival

Grief

Turned

Overlook

Survival

Grief

Turned

Paradise Himalayas

Shangri-La

Survival

Grief

Turned

Nevada U.S.A.

No Man's Land

Survival

Grief

Turned

Nuketown

Survival

Grief (CIA v. CDC)

Turned

Green Run Northern Hemisphere

Bus Depot

TranZit

Survival

Turned

Farm

Survival

Grief (CIA v. CDC)

Turned

Town

Survival

Grief (CIA v. CDC)

Turned

Tropics Africa

Temple

Survival

Grief

Turned

I went back on my choice of not having Grief on every map because I thought that despite the sheer size of some maps, most of the players would be at a specific place in the map (such as the Mystery Box).

Custom Matches

Round (1-100)

Magic (On/Off)

Headshots Only (On/Off)

Hellhounds (On/Off)

Point (0-50000)

Many others to choose from and to which you can save (like what you can do on Multiplayer)

Custom Maps + Map Editor

Simplified for the average gamer but still has it's intricacies. You build the map from the bottom up, and can add the zombie types and under which circumstances they would appear; some examples below-

Dogs appear along with Zombies (starting at a round you set)

Only a certain type of zombie, including boss zombies, for which you can have more than one at a time (such as many George Romeros, Pentagon Thiefs, etc.)

No zombies at all

Alternating zombies between rounds (only dogs and Napalm Zombies the first round, Astro-Zombies and a Pentagon Thief the next)

Much more

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this idea. May I add on to what you've said?

The opening menu would be:

Xbox Live / PlayStation Network / Steam

System Link

Local

Options

Store (Xbox)

One you clicked one, presumably the first option, your options are:

Play Online

Solo

Custom Games

Custom Maps

Dead Ops Arcade

Options

In the first three options, you could then choose your map out of the following list:

Berlin Germany

-Nacht der Untoten

~~~~Survival

~~~~Turned

-Verrückt

~~~~Survival

~~~~Grief

~~~~Turned

-Der Riese

~~~~Survival

~~~~Turned

-Kino der Toten

~~~~Survival

~~~~Turned

Rising Sun Japan

-Shi No Numa

~~~~Survival

~~~~Turned

Pentagon U.S.A.

-"Five"

~~~~Survival

~~~~Turned

Baikonur Soviet Union

-Ascension

~~~~Survival

~~~~Turned

Siberia Soviet Union

-Call of the Dead

~~~~Survival

~~~~Turned

Paradise Himalayas

-Shangri-La

~~~~Survival

~~~~Turned

Nevada U.S.A.

-No Man's Land

~~~~Survival

~~~~Turned

-Nuketown

~~~~Survival

~~~~Turned

-Bus Depot

~~~~TranZit

~~~~Survival

~~~~Turned

-Farm

~~~~Survival

~~~~Grief

~~~~Turned

-Town

~~~~Survival

~~~~Grief

~~~~Turned

However, I think everyone level should have Grief. I also think that Diner and Power Facility should not be added to Green Run as choosable places. I like the idea of there being unique places to the TranZit mode.

I could really get behind custom maps. Just watching some on YT have only added to my thirst, and it makes me a bit sad that consoles don't have the ability to get the custom maps, some of which are made much better than official DLC.

My idea here is for them to come up with a map editor that would be understandable to the average person, not just a trained professional. I don't know if any of you have played Far Cry 2 or 3, but those games released their map editor to the public on consoles and PC. It's simple and can actually generate it's own landscape, has the simple feel of adding some other thing like trees and water in here and there, and then has a the gimmicks for the people who want to delve further and make their maps even more spectacular.

I think that if they did this, I would need no DLC from them again, and I could live off these maps. But then others will have the same idea. This would keep money from the DLC, which is why I can see them not releasing a map editor. At least not on all systems.

i Like what both MMX and vDGv said. I think a Zombies map editor would look something like this.

- Level design (won't get into this one because it is seen in many games already)

- You can choose the Zombie types you want in it and under which circumstances they would appear (such as having dogs appear along with zombies or having only Astro-Zombies throughout the entire game, among many other options).

- You would be limited to it being a survival/grief/turned map only with no TranZit unless it could easily be worked into building the map (like maybe choosing routes, buildables and whatnot)

-Include many diff game mechanics such as electric traps and stuff from other games, along with new ones maybe.

-Other stuffs

I would love if you could customize buildables. Imagine how much fun it would be to make players choose between using a part to build the turbine, or make them sacrifice it for PaP. :twisted:

Custom maps. I await this patiently, continually coming up with new ideas for it.

Now, another concept. Zombie Mods. Not godmode/noclip, but actual modifications to the game, like custom powerups, weapons, characters, endless possibilities!

A perfect example is the (beta) UGX Gun Game Zombies mod for certain maps. It's like standard GG, but no wall weapons, PaP, you can have perks, and the catch is to get points to get to a higher weapon. I especially like the custom powerups they have in these mods, such as temporary Jug, invincibility, degradation, gun advancement, and many more. Treyarch could take their game to a whole new level of possibilities if they do a few things.

Awesome. :)

I think in Nacht der Untoten, Grief would be between the Marines and the Soviets, since we know story-wise Soviets were there at one point. In Verruckt, Marines versus Nazis sounds cool. Shi No Numa, the main characters versus Marines I think would be good, since Marines were there at one point. Same with Der Riese. In Kino, I suggest Nazis versus scientists. "Five", business-suit guys versus military-suit guys. Ascension, scientists versus hazmat suit people. Call of the Dead, extras versus "hair and make-up" artists. Moon, american soldiers versus the main characters. Some of this sounds better than the rest of it...

Would you like me to try to categorize the DS maps? I didn't include them since they aren't canon. But wouldn't it be cool if they were made canon?

That would be awesome if you could categorize the DS maps. I like your Grief Teams as a lot; I think I will add them :)

EDIT: I think it would be better if it were Nazis versus Soviets for NDU. I only added some because I think it would be better if we played exclusively as factions in Grief, not actual characters. Good stuff though.

Berlin Germany

Nacht der Untoten

Survival

Grief (Soviets v. Nazis)

Turned

Verrückt

Survival

Turned

Der Riese

Survival

Turned

Kino der Toten

Survival

Grief (Americans v. Soviets)

Turned

Rising Sun Japan

Shi No Numa

Survival

Grief (Americans v. Japanese)

Turned

"Five"

Survival

Grief (CIA v. CDC)

Turned

House

Survival

Grief (CIA v. CDC)

Turned

Facility

Survival

Grief (CIA v. CDC)

Turned

Baikonur Soviet Union

Ascension

Survival

Turned

Siberia Soviet Union

Call of the Dead

Survival

Grief (Production v. Soviets)

Turned

Overlook

Survival

Turned

Paradise Himalayas

Shangri-La

Survival

Grief (British v. Germans)

Turned

Nevada U.S.A.

No Man's Land

Survival

Grief (CIA v. CDC)

Turned

Nuketown

Survival

Grief (CIA v. CDC)

Turned

Bus Depot

TranZit

Survival

Turned

Farm

Survival

Grief (CIA v. CDC)

Turned

Town

Survival

Grief (CIA v. CDC)

Turned

Tropics Africa

Temple

Survival

Grief (CIA v. CDC)

Turned

By the way, here is another version where I didn't insert my (better) ideas for Grief:

Berlin Germany

Nacht der Untoten

Survival

Grief (Soviets v. Nazis)

Turned

Verrückt

Survival

Turned

Der Riese

Survival

Grief

Turned

Kino der Toten

Survival

Grief

Turned

Rising Sun Japan

Shi No Numa

Survival

Grief

Turned

"Five"

Survival

Grief

Turned

House

Survival

Grief

Turned

Facility

Survival

Grief

Turned

Baikonur Soviet Union

Ascension

Survival

Grief

Turned

Siberia Soviet Union

Call of the Dead

Survival

Grief

Turned

Overlook

Survival

Grief

Turned

Paradise Himalayas

Shangri-La

Survival

Grief

Turned

Nevada U.S.A.

No Man's Land

Survival

Grief

Turned

Nuketown

Survival

Grief (CIA v. CDC)

Turned

Bus Depot

TranZit

Survival

Turned

Farm

Survival

Grief (CIA v. CDC)

Turned

Town

Survival

Grief (CIA v. CDC)

Turned

Tropics Africa

Temple

Survival

Grief

Turned

Thanks. It looks a lot nicer that way. I just noticed though, we'd would be playing these maps across different time periods, which wouldn't make sense according to the Earth's appearance.

Btw, I am a fan of your Zombies Trilogy thread and of your zombies work overall.

By the way, here is another version where I didn't insert my (better) ideas for Grief:

We all have our opinions, bro. No need to blow mine down.

--------

I might put the Grief teams you said up because I can't think of more anyways, but I still think Nazis versus Soviets is better than Americans versus Soviets. Or at least Americans versus Nazis. IDK.

No, I wasn't saying my ideas for Grief were better than yours. I was saying my new ideas for Grief were better than my former ideas of Grief. I said myself when I was talking about Grief earlier that my ideas weren't good.

Some of this sounds better than the rest of it...

So I bettered my ideas. My Grief ideas V.2, if you will. I wasn't comparing it to you.

And Nazis versus Soviets worked in that one case. That was a great idea. But I do think some maps, especially ones after WWII, needs something other than Nazis.

I figured that when you hover over a selection that took place before the Earth was nuked, the Earth would "fade", i.e. when you went to Siberia, the Earth would look normal. But when you scrolled over to Green Run the Earth would rotate and fade to its destroyed look.

And thank you.