Campaign in 2 years???

I know some people (Tankeo) are going to give me a hard time about this, but has anyone given up on the idea of a Zombies Campaign? I know it would be a huge leap from our standard Survival (and now TranZit), but it has potiential. In a few days, I'm going to post a concept transcript for what a level in this THEORETICAL campaign would be.

Later!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I know some people (Tankeo) are going to give me a hard time about this, but has anyone given up on the idea of a Zombies Campaign? I know it would be a huge leap from our standard Survival (and now TranZit), but it has potiential. In a few days, I'm going to post a concept transcript for what a level in this THEORETICAL campaign would be.

The reason many people have abandoned the idea is because it would be nothing more than overkill for the zombie story. Though it would be nice to have a standalone game for it, we get the same amount of action, adventure, and hand-gripping moments in a small mode. Survival is what we've become accustomed to; who says there's no story in that? Of course it's more difficult since Tranzit looks to be our major interest over the other modes, but it's not fair to say they don't demand the same amount of attention as well. Besides, total up all the DLC (typically 4) that comes with zombies and it rounds about to the same general cost of a standalone game. Plus, things that aren't on zombies but in multiplayer and in campaign help us extremely to discover many things like locations, timelines, nation involvement, and various other elements.

I remember last night when me and my friends were doing the Easter Egg and we got the Achievement my other "friend" in the party said

"Good, now you can go back to doing what the Zombies mode is about"

I bring this up because i think a full Zombies campaign would distract us to much. Sure it's nice having Easter Eggs that tell us the story, and that's all it should really be, Easter Eggs.

And that's what people should of done when the Easter Egg was over, went back to playing the Zombies mode, waiting for new DLC and obviously killing Zombies.

In a few days, I'm going to post a concept transcript for what a level in this THEORETICAL campaign would be.

Later!

I'm intrigued.

I just don't see how you could do a "campaign" mode to zombies, while still keeping the round-based structure that we're accustomed to. And if you don't keep that structure, then how is it even Call of Duty Zombies anymore? There's a ton of different games involving zombies at this point... if you start to abandon the things that define our Zombies mode in an attempt to evolve it into something else, then there's a high risk of it just becoming another zombie game and losing what makes it unique.

I think they're on the right track with Tranzit, though it's still far from perfect. Keep the rounds, keep the basics of the mode pretty much the same... just expand on the map and give us more choices and complexity to the optional Easter eggs. Hopefully with the DLC's, it will become what I think it could.