Buildables and the bus. (has anyone actually tried this?)

CrazyTrain0917

Has anyone actually tried building all of the buildables and having each player put one of each on the bus (electric trap, machine gun turret, turbines) while having all 3 bus parts attached to the bus (cowguard, hatch, ladder) and then screw around with the Jetgun? (shields can't be set on the bus so maybe have the 3 without the jetgun have them on their backs)

Just curious... that'd be 4 turrets and 4 electric traps goin off all at once. When I think about making a bad ass zombie bus this is what I picture, not just having the parts on it.

Taking a lap around the map with all of this stuff going might trigger something, who knows.

I think the buildable traps could play more of a valuable role when combined (everyone having one set up) Currently I have yet to see anyone really using these traps. They're kind of useless alone but together they could be pretty devastating. (picture 4 turrets going off in pack a punch while your team holds it down)

I'm going to play around with this with my team, I'm just curious if anyone else has actually tried loading the bus up with everything?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for sure that the TURRETS will kill you immediately if you activate the turrets and the turbines at the same time.

ME and my crew were holding out in the pack a punch area with ray gun up top by the entrance and 2 people watching windows and a mustang & sally patrolling the hallway for breaches.

they got it in their heads that we should have a turret patrol the hallways instead of the 4th man. so they got a crawler and set it up.

immediately after setting it i immediately saw my team mates go down. I was up top watching entrance and I ran down and saw them both dead in a pile. no one said anything i assumed they were grouping for a revive and immediately got shot. with 1 bullet i went down and the game was over.

the 4th man had died in his travels and was awaiting a new round.

GAME OVER

stupidest way to die EVER.

Interesting. Now that you mention it I do remember the turret not aiming for the player but not letting up shooting through the player if the zombie was behind.

Maybe the turrets will need to be on top of the bus. Possibly put the 4 turrets and the 4 electric traps on top and put the fans inside with the players.

I guess my whole point with all of this is there has to be effective ways to use these traps. I see people try to use one here or there but never see a coordination to get 4-8 traps going at once. Just need to be smart about it and not have them setup in a way someone is going to cross paths between the gun and a zombie, and keep the electric traps in spots where players won't accidently get too close or run into them.

Oddly, while the game will not allow you to manually set down a shield in the bus, if you pick up another buildable while on the bus, the shield will be set down just like normal.

As far as multiple traps, it could be helpful, but you'd probably need multiple turbines to power each one too, which would take a bit of set up time. I was playing with a couple friends, and two of us set down turrets and the third set down a turbine between them. The turbine broke almost instantly... seemed as if powering two things is too much strain on it.