Can someone explain this de-rank thing to me?

I turned my PS3 on and started up BO2 zombies and a message came up on the screen and said "files have been corrupted and you've been demoted to level 3."

That's not the exact wording of it, but this is the second time this has happened to me. When the game first came out, sometimes it would freeze up and I'd have to restart my PS3. I'd have to reboot it all because files got corrupted. But this derank thing happened to me 2 days ago, and I haven't froze up in weeks.

Also, "level 3?" What is that? There are levels in zombies? I know there's a rank system, but I thought it was emblems. Well, I guess the emblems indicate what level your on.

Anyway, has this happened to anyone else?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know levels refer to emblems. I've gotten a few rank corrupted messages.

lvl 1 = one bone

lvl 2 = two bones

lvl 3 = skull

lvl 4 = knife

lvl 5 = shotguns

Thank you. I'd like to know what triggers the de-rank thing or if there's a problem with my PS3. I will say this, I've never heard my PS3 work as hard as it's been working since I got BO2. The fan and the disc reader are always going nuts. Especially when I'm online.

De-ranking occurs most from multiple downs in a game. My girlfriend has lost her skull w/ dagger emblem 3 times all after games in which she went down between 5-10 times back to back even though her ratio was still within "knife" KDR. After a decent game, she'd get her emblem right back. The longer you take to have a "decent" game though, the longer it will take to rank back up to your previous emblem.