some more theories/thoughts on next steps

blubswillrule

Alright, so I commented this on a post, but got absolutely no acknowledgement.. even though I feel it may contain some relevance

EDIT: MY ORIGINAL COMMENT HAD PARAGRAPHING I SWEAR, I COPIED AND PASTED IT AND ALL FORMATTING DISAPPEARED, FIXED

Video in question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_KOLasmE44

Very interesting video, noticed lights pointed to cornfields above a crack in the ground, perhaps the crack is there as an indicator for us? (1:23)

Also noticed it pointed (EVERY TIME FROM ONE OF THE 4 LEGS OF THE SPIRE) to that seemingly empty room in town (the beam that passes through the bank)

Also another note: the endpoints of those beams appear to be randomized a bit (shifted up/down/left/right/forward/backward a little bit differently every time), so it's not necessarily the point where the beam ends abruptly that is a point of interest, but something in the general area of where the beam ends...

In this video there were 3 areas where beams pointed off the spire to...

1. laundromat door

2. empty room behind bank (don't know if that room has a title or not)

EDIT: Looks like that building is in fact an internet cafe, interesting..

3. in cornfields above crack in ground

and if I'm not mistaken, beams that shot to different locations also shot back to different legs of the spire...

PERHAPS it's something like the plates of the shangri la easter egg in randomness?

You start it with first one, but if you do the first one again it counts as if you messed up and restarts it, giving you another random one?

Could explain the seemingly randomness

maybe the ones that JUST point to the spire are duds, so you have to be lucky and not get duds?

I believe it may be something like this

-start at laundromat, get beams to appear (hopefully you get lucky and beams point to another area as well)

-once you get beams that point to area, you have to go to that other area and somehow do something

(MAYBE YOU ACTIVATE BEAMS IN DIFFERENT AREAS WITH DIFFERENT METHODS?)

then it points at another area... then repeat until you have all four done in sequence?

or maybe all four at the same time... but I do believe there to be a fourth area

though maybe treyarch's messing with us and giving us a 3 man easter egg to leave someone to deal with the zombie

EDIT: MAYBE THE MYSTERY BOX LIGHTS IS THE FOURTH AREA FOR THE FOURTH SPIRE LEG/BEAM AREA?

(could reinforce the notion of different activation methods for different area...)

1: Laundromat - Aim at door handle

2: Cornfields - Do something? (Aim at crack? knife crack? get downed by crack?)

3: empty room - Get naked and dance? I have no idea

more edit:(Actually it's an internet cafe)

4: Mystery box - USE IT AND GET BEAMS

[/edit]

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, so I commented this on a post, but got absolutely no acknowledgement.. even though I feel it may contain some relevance

Very interesting video, noticed lights pointed to cornfields above a crack in the ground, perhaps the crack is there as an indicator for us? (1:23)Also noticed it pointed (EVERY TIME FROM ONE OF THE 4 LEGS OF THE SPIRE) to that seemingly empty room in town (the beam that passes through the bank)Also another note: the endpoints of those beams appear to be randomized a bit (shifted up/down/left/right/forward/backward a little bit differently every time), so it's not necessarily the point where the beam ends abruptly that is a point of interest, but something in the general area of where the beam ends...In this video there were 3 areas where beams pointed off the spire to...1. laundromat door2. empty room behind bank (don't know if that room has a title or not)EDIT: Looks like that building is in fact an internet cafe, interesting..3. in cornfields above crack in groundand if I'm not mistaken, beams that shot to different locations also shot back to different legs of the spire...PERHAPS it's something like the plates of the shangri la easter egg in randomness?You start it with first one, but if you do the first one again it counts as if you messed up and restarts it, giving you another random one?Could explain the seemingly randomnessmaybe the ones that JUST point to the spire are duds, so you have to be lucky and not get duds?I believe it may be something like this-start at laundromat, get beams to appear (hopefully you get lucky and beams point to another area as well)-once you get beams that point to area, you have to go to that other area and somehow do something (MAYBE YOU ACTIVATE BEAMS IN DIFFERENT AREAS WITH DIFFERENT METHODS?)then it points at another area... then repeat until you have all four done in sequence?or maybe all four at the same time... but I do believe there to be a fourth areathough maybe treyarch's messing with us and giving us a 3 man easter egg to leave someone to deal with the zombie EDIT: MAYBE THE MYSTERY BOX LIGHTS IS THE FOURTH AREA FOR THE FOURTH SPIRE LEG/BEAM AREA?(could reinforce the notion of different activation methods for different area...)1: Laundromat - Aim at door handle2: Cornfields - Do something? (Aim at crack? knife crack? get downed by crack?)3: empty room - Get naked and dance? I have no ideamore edit:(Actually it's an internet cafe)4: Mystery box - USE IT AND GET BEAMS

I think the beams are important also, but man you have to learn to use paragraphs.

That wall of text will not even get read by 95% of the users. I suggest an edit.

No worries :)

but just posting my thoughts on how the mechanics of the next step could work.. it's obvious the beams point out an area of interest...

so it's all a matter of trying anything and everything at the other beam locations, to try and see if we can get anything to happen such as another beam...

Maybe even all of this activity regarding the traffic light in town is another point of interest?

(I've read somewhere that killing under it made it shoot beams, I've not really confirmed anything as my attempts at the easter egg have all failed me... playing with randoms is miserable :( )

Just contributing what I can to the efforts! :)

Ive yet to complete the ee. With that said it seems the 115 is being channeled up the tower to richtofen. Whatever triggers these beams of 115 is somthing. What it is im not sure. I would bet however, they have somthing to do with the next step. Once i complete the ee ill try some things out.

Psn is weston_19. Add me, however i work full time, my current shift is 5:30 pm -4am, so availability is scarce except for weekends. I wonder if i play public at 4 am, if i would be playing with chinese or european ppl. I avoid public but always welcome codz players. Im not the best of the best, but i can hold my own just fine. I know tranzit very well, and i have a mic.