Comfort level Parallel Results?

I absolutely stunk last night.

Had a few tries on NML, failed to even come close to PAP. Played Call of the Dead, never got pass round 15 or less than 5 downs. Normally easily reach 20 on Five, last night never made it past 15. Even got a kid downed from trying to revive me. His high was 22, mine 37.

Absolutely pitiful.

I know my limits but failed to reach a respectable round on one of the easiest maps in Call of the dead is not acceptable. Five is harder but considering my experiences with it I should reach 25 with one hand. My normal PAP rate on NML is 30-40%, going 0 for 10 today was not normal.

Problem is, my decision making last night was dull and slow. Eye made an excellent point on how much we rely on instincts when playing this game, and last night was great example how lack of game instincts contribute to pupe performances.

Check out his piece here.

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=23399

I have had games where I absolutely stunk due to lack to familiarities with the map. My first high round pursuit on Moon with Eye was pitiful, as well as first real game with Way on Call of the Dead. Both cases led to 15+ downs in 20 rounds. To make things worse, both game yielding mustang and sally AND flopper.

My first co-op games in Kino, Ascension, and Der Riese resulted in 25+ runs easily, but the lack of challenge in those maps resulted in me losing interest. Anything easily obtained are valued less than things earned. I have had games where I went down 5 times stupidly in the first 10 rounds and later get on a roll and dominate.

At this point of my zombie killing career a bit more consistency should be expected. Repetitive gaming often lead to losing focus and/or sloppy game play. However, I sometimes reach round 25 with no downs, most revives and kills, doing it with only one eye open and dreaming about out dueling Superhand, Way, and Eye.

Am I the only one dealing with consistency issues? I know even the best of the best can have poor days at the office. My wife will tell you I have had poor days at home. But the greats find the switch and can flip it anytime, I can't seem to see it in broad daylight.

Help me lord.

BTW anyone seen Superhand, Chopper, Tac, and other regular contributors? It's been fairly mild without their posts.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It just comes with time man. The more you play the more comfortable you'll get. There's really no secret to it in my opinion. Once you play it enough you just sort of get used to how the zombies react, and once you reach that point you're set. It doesn't get much more difficult once you reach that point.

How long have you been playing for real now Jay? I know it took me quite some time before I could handle any situation. I wouldn't consider myself the quickest player, but I'm certainly very reliable. I would just work on taking as few risks at possible until you get consistant with your rounds. Getting comfortable with their reactions in a variety of situations is key, then work on the speed from there. Practice is all you can do. Consistancy comes with time.

No one can become a Super over night. Just hang in there and keep playing and you'll get better.

You know people have off days, and that's all this simply was. But the more you practice, the less it will happen. You just can't let it bury your confidence. Keep on shooting until the zombies demand your respect. Your efforts will be rewared in time. And by the time BO2 comes up, you'll be a Zombie slaying machine ready for action.

Quite insperational shooter, well done.

For me, wenever it seems like i may be having an off day i just plug in some music. Anything zeratul DT uses in his videos should give u a sense of the type. (hes the guy with the current legit records for both moon and ascension) and it pulls me out of my slump.

As an example, recently i had failed my PaP 2 or 3 times in a row on some very good starts (2000+) and i was feeling pretty off. I pluged in my earbuds and PaP'd the next session, finishing with 287 kills if i remember correctly.

But maybe thats just me. For me, constitency is completly relient on both your comfort level and your attitude, and music helps me with both. :D