GameStop Encounter Today

So I had a very strange conversation with the MANAGER of the Gamestop at the mall near where I live today. I really had no idea what was going on. Maybe you could help me? I'll try to record it as best as I can:

X = MurderMachineX

G = Gamestop Manager

E = Gamestop Employee

X: I'm mad at you guys for taking the Wii stuff off the wall. But you gave it two stands, so it's okay.

G: *laughs* You'd be surprised. I don't know what it is- maybe parents bringing their kids over the summer or something- but a lot of people have been coming in here and asking for Wiis.

X: Really? Huh. You know they're coming out with a new one soon. Or so they say.

G: Yeah, it's going to be cool, but we're not sure when it'll be yet.

E: They got some pretty good games out for it that you can already pre-order. Here if I check when the games are coming out we may be able to get a projection for when the new system is out.

G: It won't work if it just says the beginning of a new year.

E: Yeah, January 1st.

G: Yeah, when they say that it just means sometime that year.

X: Yeah.

G: Well is there anything I can help you with?

X: Nah, I'm just looking. But while I'm here, there is something. I pre-ordered Black Ops 2 and got the poster.

G: Oh, you did? Cool.

X: But now they've come out with the second part, the Nuketown 2025, and I just wanted to make sure if I had to come get that or anything.

G: Oh you mean the second wave? No. But did you get the maps?

X: Um, what?

G: If you pre-order the maps you will get a code when the game comes out.

X: I haven't heard anything about any...

G: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, right? Yes.

X: Is it... like the Hardened Edition of the first one?

G: No, no.

X: Well I already pre-ordered the game, so can I get it?

G: No, you have to pre-order the maps. You have to just put down $5, and when you get your game you will get a code. It's $50.

X: Um.... well I'll think about it and come back.

So I was really confused. Do you guys know something I don't? Is this lady spewing nonsense? And what's with the "It's $50" right at the end? $50 for a map pack in addition to the game or was she referring to the game itself?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it was for signing up for Elite, which basically means you put a down payment on all the DLCs and get them later? Or are they discounted, as in you pay less for them if you get Elite?

(I know absolutely nothing about "Elite". I just play Call of Duty for Zombies.)

well elite membership includes all DLC for the game (probably a savings of around $10) plus you can participate in all of the elite multiplayer competitions. Other benefits as well, I just can't remember off the top of my head. Bottom line if you normally purchase all the DLC for the call of duty games throughout the year, then elite is definitely worth the money, just based on that.

also in MW3 elite premium members basically get dlc content drops every month instead of having to wait for an entire map pack release

• Administrators

I went into GameStop myself today and yes ELITE is going to be integrated into Black Ops 2. There will still be a Hardened Edition, that'll never go away, ELITE is just on top of that to get all the DLC for less money.

• Administrators

I figured. Isn't it going to be classified as ELITE 2.0 when Blops 2 is released?

I am not certain, the GameStop employee just asked me if I'd like to pay the $50 to buy ELITE for Black Ops 2 and that it is in fact going to be included in Black Ops 2

Well hopefully is your already a premium member you won't have to pay again for a newer version of ELITE.

being a premium member IS a subscription though, so to continue being a premium member, yes you would have to purchase another year's elite premium subscription which would be the $50.

Well hopefully is your already a premium member you won't have to pay again for a newer version of ELITE.

being a premium member IS a subscription though, so to continue being a premium member, yes you would have to purchase another year's elite premium subscription which would be the $50.

I know. What I'm saying is that if your subscription continues when Blops 2 is released, I'm hoping they won't make you subscribe to another version of ELITE.