New ranking system: My Co-op Score

way2g00d

My Co-op Score

Recently I came across a group on steam that has Round number average next to their name. I liked the idea and would like to implement some what similar system on our site. I posted this under Reapers and I thought it would be a good addition to the site for anyone who shows their high rounds in their signature can simply replace with one line.

So, basically you need to display your round number average in your signature instead of displaying all rounds. Remember to post your rounds here first before you add that to your signature line. Hope you guys like the :idea:

I think this should help people posting unnecessary clutter (about their high rounds) in their signature lines. Similar thing can be done for solo maybe round 100 as a goal.

Why round 50: CoDz has always honored Round 50 as a realistic high round and reachable target (Richtofen) after which getting to any higher round is just a matter of time.

Regards,

way2g00

I'll start with mine. Please use the below format if you are interested.

[color=#FF8000][b]46[/b][/color]

---------------------------------------------

Kino -50/50

Ascension - 50/50

Call of the dead - 50/50

Shangri La - 50/50

Moon - 50/50

Der Riese - 50/50

Shi No Numa - 50/50

Verrukt - 42/50

Five - 42/50

Nacht - 30/50

So, my co-op Average is 464/9 = 46.4

---------------------------------------------

*Any round Past 50 is treated as 50.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, that'd be the Zombie Whisperers clan. My average was 43, but with way's 'anything over 50 is counted as 50' rule mine is:

Could be 50 but will never be due to my neglect of co-op high round attempts :lol:

What's with the only-up-to-50 rule though anyways mate? If someone has done 60 on every map, wouldn't it make sense for their average to be 60?

Also just for fun, my solo average without the 50 limitation would be:

:D

What's with the only-up-to-50 rule though anyways mate? If someone has done 60 on every map, wouldn't it make sense for their average to be 60?

CoDz has always honored Round 50 (Richtofen) as an ultimate goal for co-op and I agree with that logic. I think majority consider round 40-50 as a realistic and reachable target (5-6 hours) compared to 60 or 99 co-op which may take double the amount of time or days. Super, I can get to 99 on co-op for an easy map like Ascension or kino and have lower rounds on other maps and will still be ranked higher in average than most others. I think that's unfair ;)

Thanks to whoever posted my record.

My Kino and moon records I do not care. They are boring.

I think I can improve my Five and verruckt records. with Superhand's new five strategy I got to 37 and 35 easy and quick. Verruckt past 15 just takes too long but I will try again.

Ascension and Der riese at 29 and 27 I know I can do better, but not interested in those maps any more.

Nacht at 18 is not bad, but I only got there with a hot team. No way I can do better.

In all, the ones I care and have fun I have a 29.5. Not good but better than 24.

Thanks to whoever posted my record.

My Kino and moon records I do not care. They are boring.

I think I can improve my Five and verruckt records. with Superhand's new five strategy I got to 37 and 35 easy and quick. Verruckt past 15 just takes too long but I will try again.

Ascension and Der riese at 29 and 27 I know I can do better, but not interested in those maps any more.

Nacht at 18 is not bad, but I only got there with a hot team. No way I can do better.

In all, the ones I care and have fun I have a 29.5. Not good but better than 24.

If you partner with anyone at same skill level as you Jay, you can get to 30 in about 60-90 minutes in 90% of maps. Hit me up whenever you want to improve those numbers :)

CoDz has always honored Round 50 (Richtofen) as an ultimate goal for co-op and I agree with that logic. I think majority consider round 40-50 as a realistic and reachable target (5-6 hours) compared to 60 or 99 co-op which may take double the amount of time or days. Super, I can get to 99 on co-op for an easy map like Ascension or kino and have lower rounds on other maps and will still be ranked higher in average than most others. I think that's unfair ;)

Good logic there actually mate. You could do a round 99 on Ascension and have 1 on every other map, that'd make your average a 10 where it'd be 1 if you took away Ascension.

Good logic there actually mate. You could do a round 99 on Ascension and have 1 on every other map, that'd make your average a 10 where it'd be 1 if you took away Ascension.

Thanks for understanding. I was thinking I am the only one that thinks that way. I almost removed the Round 50 restriction because Riley thinks the same way. I don't know.

Hit me up whenever you want to improve those numbers :)

Thanks. If you help then it would be cheating. You can take a retarded one eye monkey to round 50. I would love to do more fun challenges with you whenever you are back on PS3. That video you did with 5and5 and lone star on ascension was pretty cool. I bet I can get you more revives.

I think maybe instead of working out the average, it may make more sense to work out your 'median' and get your score from that, averaging the 2 median numbers if you've set scores on an even number of maps. This would work well since, if someone consistently does round 10 but has one round 99, then the round 10s would basically be taken as the average since they'd have a 10 in the middle. Whereas someone who consistently does 70s would get a score relevant to that.

For those that don't know how to work this out, you basically list all of your scores in numerical order and take the middle number as your score.

So mine for co-op would be:

20 28 35 37 37 45 45 45 60 66

37 + 45 = 82 / 2 = 41

and for solo:

73 80 88 100 100 100 100 115 115 161

I think maybe instead of working out the average, it may make more sense to work out your 'median' and get your score from that, averaging the 2 median numbers if you've set scores on an even number of maps. This would work well since, if someone consistently does round 10 but has one round 99, then the round 10s would basically be taken as the average since they'd have a 10 in the middle. Whereas someone who consistently does 70s would get a score relevant to that.

For those that don't know how to work this out, you basically list all of your scores in numerical order and take the middle number as your score.

So mine for co-op would be:

20 28 35 37 37 45 45 45 60 66

37 + 45 = 82 / 2 = 41

and for solo:

73 80 88 100 100 100 100 115 115 161

To your point Nick, if someone gets 50's in those 2 maps in the middle they would have best score.

Eg: 1 (Five) 2 (Vrkt) 3(Nacht) 4(SNN) 50(Ascension) 50(Kino) 51(Moon) 51(DR) 51(COTD) 51(DOA)

Co-op Score : 50

It means you can get away with lower rounds on hard maps as long as you aim bit higher on easy ones. That's a flaw.

Good point mate, but then I guess 6 50s out of 10 more-or-less warrants a 50 average with a few maps missing.

But then I also guess, someone that's done a round 99 and made to average the rest of their round 20s with it would get an average of 27, which is probably more fair. So maybe just the average with no limit is the best way to go ;)

Sorry mate, I have to disagree. If someone is missing 4 maps, then I guess it takes away the point of saying that he or she averages 50 on all maps which tells a lot about a player. Just my opinion.I myself have 50+ on several maps. I just dont think it's fair to add those to increase my average. There must be a cap on the high round in this case I have it set to 50. Someone else can think its 60, 70 or 100.

You two stop being such babies.

The co-op rounds are meant to give relative idea how good someone is TO A RANDOM. But those numbers are far from the actual truth. Playing with my PS3 friends I got to 37. Playing with my son I rarely get past 25. Playing with randoms I get high twenties and low thirties. Which is a pretty good indication of where my game is.

For you guys with no time limit and solid teammates you can reach 99 easy. People that know you guys well know that for sure. Does it really matter if your average is 42 or 50? To a random maybe, to me ABSOLUTELY NONE WHATS SO EVER.

I was wondering why the forum is so slow. You two are babbling over a slight twitch in numbers instead of your usual awesome posts. Super I need you to focus on your awesome tips and leave way alone. His court, his rules. Way you stop the madness and organize a game with me soon. BTW your wife is cute. She play volleyball with you?

Honestly I don't even care if my high rounds registered on leaderboards cuz I don't play with randoms as much.... I was only trying to come up with a way to rank someone based on their rounds but like always 99% either ignore or disagree :( I credit Super who is THE only person to even respond to this thread on subject besides you Jay (Your's don't count :P) . So Thanks Super.

Jay, yea we play teams every Thursday night. She is not that great at volley ball so she goes swimming with her friends. She is good at tennis and likes to kicks my ass.

Sorry for the late response, Way. You already know my opinion on this so I didn't think I need to respond. But as I have time now I thought I would give you as well as every one else my opinion.

I don't think there is any good reason to not allow rounds over 50. This it a co op average, not a how many 50 do you have and how close are you to getting 50 on every map.

The main reason you state of why you don't want over 50s is cause of people that get 99 on so called "easy" maps, such as kino, ascension and moon. I don't think this is a very good reason, being that getting that extra 49 round will take 4-6 times as long as the first 50. So let's say you got 99 on ascension and 0 on every other map, your avg will be 10 as super has said previously. If you spend the same amount of time playing but just getting to 50. I would say you could do 4-5 maps. Then your avg will be 20-25 which is 2 times better than the single 99 for the same amount of time.

Having that said lets bring up the fact that this is a the averages of CoDz members, wear to my knowledge Yeti is the only member here that has a legit 99 In co op (Jbirds moon doesn't count). And besides that Pish is the only person I know that has gotten 70+ in co op. So It feel like you are restricting the averages cause of two people that probably will never read this thread. While you are dumbing down the averages of the three people that actually have read and respond to this thread, myself, yourself and Super.

Now when the ZombieWhispers first started the avg in front of your name. It was a really good motivator to improve my co op rounds. At the time me, Pish and Lone Starr all have low 40s as our averages but then we all started to improve our rounds. So one week I would have the highest then the next Pish would then the next lone starr would take the lead. This was really fun cause every time I signed into steam I would see their average, and if it had changed. I don't think the same thing can or will work on CoDz. Since people will only see it when you post some thing or not at all if you are on CoDz on your phone as I am right now.

This doesn't mean that I don't think averages are a good idea, I just would rather not get rid of all my rounds in sig to replace them with just one number that most people wouldn't even understand. What I would like to though is a leader board spread sheet like the Whispers have, even if it was restricted to only under 50 rounds. I do understand that, that would take a lot of work so I don't expect you to do it all your self. But If that could be done I would be all for it and would help in any way I could.

Sorry for the late response, Way. You already know my opinion on this so I didn't think I need to respond. But as I have time now I thought I would give you as well as every one else my opinion.

I don't think there is any good reason to not allow rounds over 50. This it a co op average, not a how many 50 do you have and how close are you to getting 50 on every map.

The main reason you state of why you don't want over 50s is cause of people that get 99 on so called "easy" maps, such as kino, ascension and moon. I don't think this is a very good reason, being that getting that extra 49 round will take 4-6 times as long as the first 50. So let's say you got 99 on ascension and 0 on every other map, your avg will be 10 as super has said previously. If you spend the same amount of time playing but just getting to 50. I would say you could do 4-5 maps. Then your avg will be 20-25 which is 2 times better than the single 99 for the same amount of time.

Having that said lets bring up the fact that this is a the averages of CoDz members, wear to my knowledge Yeti is the only member here that has a legit 99 In co op (Jbirds moon doesn't count). And besides that Pish is the only person I know that has gotten 70+ in co op. So It feel like you are restricting the averages cause of two people that probably will never read this thread. While you are dumbing down the averages of the three people that actually have read and respond to this thread, myself, yourself and Super.

Now when the ZombieWhispers first started the avg in front of your name. It was a really good motivator to improve my co op rounds. At the time me, Pish and Lone Starr all have low 40s as our averages but then we all started to improve our rounds. So one week I would have the highest then the next Pish would then the next lone starr would take the lead. This was really fun cause every time I signed into steam I would see their average, and if it had changed. I don't think the same thing can or will work on CoDz. Since people will only see it when you post some thing or not at all if you are on CoDz on your phone as I am right now.

This doesn't mean that I don't think averages are a good idea, I just would rather not get rid of all my rounds in sig to replace them with just one number that most people wouldn't even understand. What I would like to though is a leader board spread sheet like the Whispers have, even if it was restricted to only under 50 rounds. I do understand that, that would take a lot of work so I don't expect you to do it all your self. But If that could be done I would be all for it and would help in any way I could.

Nice response Riley, I read half of it , I will read rest tomorrow. Thanks for replying.

I disagree with some things you said about 99 on easy vs 0 on co-op, that was just an example. If a person has 99 on co-op he can easily get to mid 30's , 40's on any map unless he doesn't want to. At the same rate getting to 99 on some maps is much easier than getting to 50 on others. This score shows your consistency and skill across all maps not just one.

If someone has a score of 77, and he has 80 on cotd and 99 on ascension and still has not gotten to 50 on some tough maps then that score does not show his true skills. So may be me I should change the wording from Average to Co-op score but since no one is in agreement with me I am going to step down here. But I like to say that average co-op rounds makes no sense to me if there is no cap on it and I personally think if there should be one it should be 50 NOT 99, stupid 3arc :| : .

I really like the idea of leader board and we should spin our wheels on that, I will start working on it. May be you can assist me with that. Actually you can create it, so that every time it needs an update I can re-work on it. I know how to do tables so if you can create a structure with maps I can add that to tables and get this started.

Some human element should be looked at when accumulating leaderboards.

No matter which way you analyze the game not all maps are the same.

Someone who did 99 on ascension is not as impressive as someone who did Five or Shangri la. Those as considered harder maps that take more time to accomplish. I know that will open a new can of worms but it needs to he discussed.

Easier maps-Kino, ascension, Der riese, moon.

Harder- five, Shang, verruckt (its not hard but its a test of patience and discipline.)

Some human element should be looked at when accumulating leaderboards.

No matter which way you analyze the game not all maps are the same.

Someone who did 99 on ascension is not as impressive as someone who did Five or Shangri la. Those as considered harder maps that take more time to accomplish. I know that will open a new can of worms but it needs to he discussed.

Easier maps-Kino, ascension, Der riese, moon.

Harder- five, Shang, verruckt (its not hard but its a test of patience and discipline.)

Exactly my point Jay.