Discussion & Evidence of where the rockets hit

Fu453

So...since there's not that much zombie stuff going on in BOII at the moment, I decided to focus on the rockets' impacts on the Earth.

So, I that Treyarch confirmed that only ONE side of the Earth, this made me think of exactly WHERE they hit, and maybe it will spark new possibilities for the next map in Black Ops II or anything of the sort.

I started to look at the Earth on Moon and I realized something...I couldn't really define any continent on it. Here's the direct image (thanks to cjdog)

Now can you tell me ANY continent on there? Possibly Africa, but if so, where the hell is Asia? Or the South Pacific?

So, after looking at that, cjdog gave me the picture of destroyed earth...

He further explained that the destroyed earth isn't really a full picture, as the destroyed part is just put on top to create a complete-looking earth. Here's the destroyed overly alone.

So I went fruther into thinking, and then I realized that the destroyed earth doen't look like it is in-game. Here's an in-game picture of destroyed earth...

Looking at this, the Earth is clearly altered. Me being a video and image editor, I tried to re-create the real destroyed earth.

First, I found that the normal Earth found in the game's files it a little rotated to the left. I don't have a saved picture of that, but whatever.

Second, the destroyed part of Earth is not exact either. You have to flip it both horizontally and vertically to get the real explosion. I also had to rotate and place it a little differently.

Here's my image of the real destroyed earth...

I apologize if I did a crappy job, I just wanted to get this post out.

Now with this done, I want to ask 2 questions to the CoDz community:

1. Where exactly do you think the rockets hit? i.e. exact continent.

2. Did Treyarch change the explosion for a purpose? Or was it just a computing error?

I want to hear your opinions!

-Fu453

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

So, I that Treyarch confirmed that only ONE side of the Earth

Huh? Are you saying "So, Treyarch" or "So, I think that Treyarch"? I'd clarification on that one haha.

As for whether I think that the explosion was a computer error, I can't tell. The way that the explosion is set up currently, it makes it appear the there was an explosion on the other side of the Earth, which would be hard to reason since there is no giant hole in the Earth. However, we can't tell if there is or nor since there is the red mist everywhere.

With that image and how little we can see, I guess we could say that they blew a hole in the Earth and it went through, which opens up a whole new realm of possibilities with the Hollow Earth theory applied to Zombies. However, nothing can be said definitively sadly.

• 2 weeks later...