Treyarch please make HUGE maps! [For MP]

Zaptn.

About a week ago i posted a thread about how vehicles could be included in BO2 and be balanced, this is just basically a follow up.

Today i was playing BF3 on Kharg island, that map is absolutely huge! It would be great if maps like these were in CoD, with boats/jets/heli's/jeeps/tanks on them. Say there would be 3 'Huge' maps on the disk and maybe 1 released within DLC? I don't know about you but these maps might be slow but there fun, since CoD has killstreaks it would make the map faster so that is a good thing! People might think this would just be copying BF3 if they did this, but cod multiplayer needs new features!

The Vehicles thread

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=20473

What would these maps consist of?

Both teams would spawn on the edge of the maps near the water, away from the action. There would be a few jeeps/humvees there. Tanks would be located closer to the 'action' and jets would be located on boats out at sea.

These 'Huge' maps wouldn't be the only maps with vehicles in, these would be the ones with every vehicle in. 'Big' maps like Hazard, cliffside, Seelow, Bakaara would also have vehicles in. Vehicles would be included in 'Big' and 'Huge' maps because the gameplay on those maps are really slow which makes waiting for someone to get a killstreak even slower, the vehicles would speed them up.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think They should keep the maps similar to Blops. MW3 maps were mostly a bit bland for as they were all the same shape and side mostly.

But blops had the sheer size of jungle ranging to Nuketown.

I do think more jungle/hazard sized maps should come back I still want medium and smalls too. I'f there are too many huge maps, it'd be awful.

As go vehicles, I'm not sure if theyll make a comeback. They could ruin the game if they are not designed properly, so im not really sure.

I know MW3 chose to put in a more horizontal map style to try and combat camping.But it's had an adverse effect and has made the map design a little bland. That's why in the DLC they've made more vertical maps such as Piazza and Overwatch. Some of my favourite maps are the most vertical ones, like Favela, Terminal and Highrise.

Although, I think having these vertical maps should be kinda restrained. If every map is really fun with lots of high points and all that, then it'd probably take the fun out of them. It's a tricky one, map design.

Something else I've noticed, is that the best maps are always the smaller ones. The worst two maps on MW2 were Wasteland and Derail. Really slow pacing, and just downright boring. Whereas the two best maps on Black Ops hands-down were Nuketown and Firing Range. Big maps just slow the pace down and make the gameplay boring.

And back on the vehicles thing, Call of Duty is a shooter. Not a driving game. If they start making bigger maps to suit vehicles, it'll take away from the gunplay. I'd prefer really good maps for gun on gun combat, than have heli-choppers and jeeps and shit. MW2 and CoD4 had some of the best stand-out maps like, Favela, Highrise, Crossfire, Bog, Crash... The sort of playstyle these maps gave us were really fun, and I hope they bring it back

Wasteland had its moments, when the game starts sometimes a volley of grenade launches hit our spawn like mortars, super funny. As for derail I liked however to everyone swarmed into the complex at the center, the rest of the map didn't really matter.