Crescent hoarding wave 35+ ??

MrCostari

I just read the Ascension guide in the Master Zombies guide, but I don't really understand how to hoard the zombies together at wave 35+ and kill them.

It says something about crescent hoarding.

Can someone explain this to me? Or maybe showing me a tut on YouTube?

And I think I would prefer to use the autoturret/pap & flopper for that, but if another spot is better. tell me :)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude watch my Kino Mastery, any of them, I do it quite a lot.

iBWTmLLv_QU

Look from 9:25 in that one, I'm sorry it's sped up but what I do in the lobby there is crescent kiting. I'm repeating the same shape over and over again until they are in a ball. Imagine you have a line coming towards you, or basically a group coming from one single direction. Imagine being in the spot that you are with a full group and the area that you can circle them into a group. Imagine how big that circle would be and try and run around it, but using only 1/2 of it. Once at the 1/2 point turn around and take the same path back. This 1/2 circle will keep getting slightly bigger as the zombies force you outwards slightly. But keep doing it, at a sprint and you will realise that they can only hit you sporadically and it gets a group formed.

To me crescent kiting is whenever you do do any kind of 'loop' back, enabling the quick ones to follow your initial direction. When you then 'loop' back the slower ones will have caught up to you. If you watch all that video Costari you will see me do it all the time around the stage. Especially the corner away from the teleporter at the front. Often if I come out of the dressing room with a huge chain I will go along to the turret, and then dive back to that corner and wait for them all to come out of the dressing room, after I have lead the faster ones along the front of the stage.

I really hope this helps in someway :)

I think I get it :)

But TBH, that I actually not what I meant (is it ment or meant?)

I meant to do it in co-op Ascension, when all guns are pointless and you want to combine your zombies together to either use the trap or Thundergun.

It wasn't very good explained in Eye's Master guide, or I'm just a noob :P

But anyway, I would like to know how to combine 2 zombie hoards/train and then use traps or a wonderweapon.

And btw, I think I'll sub you on YT and watch a couple of your vids, I can lean a of from that :)

Ok thanks for the sub. Now I know what you mean here is how to combine on Ascension. BTW there are many places to do the same thing, way2g00 must have footage somewhere of the PAP area combination strategy. This was me and Eye messing around a little bit ;)

This is a private video made for me and Eye to use for perfecting what we developed.

ytYPPWJoQsE

As Eye wrote the guide I'm pretty certain what we are doing is in some way what we meant :)

You may have to skip to sometime after 6 minutes though, this was never meant for anyone apart from us so the editing is a bit rough!

People call that 'crescent hoarding', because your path looks like a crescent moon.

Some call it also running a 8 figure.

Other will just say, you run a U form.

It is actually a half circle you do, and then you turn around and walk your way back. This can vary a bit how it looks in the end. I tried to make this pic for you:

As you can see, you will never cross the zombies that are incoming, and they gather up very well in the center of your half circle. Therefore, whenever the zombies come from only one direction, this strategy is extremely well suited.

In Ascension PHD Lander Area, we exactly have this situation. 90% of the zombs will come up the stairs.

When you now want to combine trains: Let's say, you run at PHD this crescent moon. Your friend runs at spawn or something. What your friend can now do is run up to you and just stay back at the wall there. His train will income in a straight line again, but your U figure will be able to get this 10+ train from him in your train easily. Your mate is more or less safe back at the wall. U just need to run your 8 figure quite narrow and not go too close to the wall.

Great work Tom ;)

As Tom basically said, running a crescent moon is just a glorified figure-of-8, you just drag at the corners of one side and run round the horde, then do the same thing on the other side. So it's pretty much just cutback, drag, cutback, drag and so on.

I apply this technique here in the Power and Bowie Knife rooms on Der Riese to gather up my hordes:

Lj37xl4_ZAw

If you watch any videos of the teleporter strategy on NML you'll see the same technique being used. Fine example:

elOsVMpkWjg

agreed. but squeeze a bit here, improvise a bit there, the sharp cutback becomes round, the path here goes a bit there, and this a bit here, and in the end, everything is the same basic idea. i think you see it well, when you play it yourself, that you don't have to follow a strict path and can do lots of variations of the basic '8 figure'.