Verruckt Circles

aegisknight

I've always loved Verruckt, and I've noticed that a lot of people have a really hard time here. So i've decided to share some of my tips, in pictures!

Now, the easiest spot to hold down in Verruckt is on the first floor Thomson room. Its big, ammo is easy to get, and should be the go-to if nobody else is taking it. Think of the Thompson room the same as Flopper in Ascension.

How to run it?

Here:

Simply run around this pillar. There are three spawn points to watch out for; the crumbling wall (on the left), the window in the T-room (on the right of the T room), and the window in the spawn.

For this, a quick dodge should be all you need to avoid zombies spawning through the wall and the first window, but I marked a spot to pay close attention to with a green diamond. If there is a stream coming from this window blocking your path along the yellow arrows, you need to bail or you will get crushed.

Follow the red "emergency" arrows down through the dentist's office and juggernog, slowly but surely, and the horde will bunch up into an easily-dodged mob. No problems at all!

Until you know this route fluently, do not try shooting while moving backwards. Instead, once you have a full spawn, take the emergency route, taking easy headshots while moving backwards through the first spawn. Turn around through Juggernog and take some more pot shots while you move back into position.

The second spot is more difficult.

This is basically a more complicated version of the escape route from the Thompson loop. It is possible to run a very tight circle (see Super Circling for reference on how to run this technique) in the Juggernog spawn room. There is just enough room to group together your horde and loop them together, so long as you aren't getting every zombie on the map (so if you're the last man standing, run the full map or go Thompson)

However, I have noted with a star a window that will be problematic. If a zombie is spawning through this window as you are facing it, he will pin you. This is fixed by a simple detour through the dentist and juggernog, then right back to where you started. The reason you don't take this longer route all the time is because the group can get mixed up and come from both directions as you're passing juggernog if you move too quickly, but once in a while you will be just fine.

The last spot is perhaps the most intense:

Near the top of the bathroom is the entrance to the Power Room, with a nice set of double-doors around the STG-44. For this path you basically run around that section of wall, through the doors on either side. This technique is most effective if that power door is closed, but it works just fine open as well (when open, it is actually your escape route if you get pinned).

There is no set escape route in this path, because danger comes from all sides, but never at once. However, I marked with the green a small outcropping of wall that WILL trap you if you aren't paying attention, this little wall has killed me more times than the path itself ever could hope to.

The escape route through the power room is intensely complicated and depends entirely on why you are escaping, so my best suggestion is practice makes perfect. The main advantage of this area is the STG, giving basically unlimited ammo with no risk at all of leaving your path to get it.

Before anyone says it, I know there is also a grouping spot in the BAR/Trench Gun room on the top floor. Unfortunately, I have horrible luck with this spot to the point where I am not convinced I am doing it right, so I haven't included it in this post. However, if you would like to show me with the pics, I would appreciate it.

This concludes this guide. I hope you found it helpful, and I sincerely hope you get out there and try them yourself!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Verruckt was always one of my favorite maps, mainly because it's so difficult. My strategy for this map has always been to just run laps around the whole map, using the MP-40 as my main gun and using the traps when it starts to get weak. Running a train in this map is tricky, I'm impressed that you've found some ways of doing so.

I've attempted the full map loop, but it takes much longer, and you have to be absolutely perfect firing backwards (which at this point I am, but thats besides the point) or you'll get spawns behind you. If you use traps, you will get spawns behind you about 60% of the time regardless of your timing, which takes even more ad-hoc.

The Thompson room that I outlined, with the emergency escape, is the most solid strategy I've found on this map, with the least surprises.

The biggest problem with running the full map is the stairs, the choke points going from the electric trap near Double Tap into the STG room, and the double-choke points going from the power room into the **** please report this topic, post ****. All of these places are only about 3 feet wide, and if there is a zombie trying to get through at the same time you are, you're screwed.

The only choke point in my loops is south (in regards to the map) of the STG in the STG loop, but under no circumstances will there be a zombie coming through there while you try to go through it because of the placement of the spawns, and going into the Dentist's office in the escape routes of the other two loops. But even this can be circumvented very easily if you know what you're doing, running past that doorway and into Juggernog, all the way back to the window, to the corner of the dentist's office, and then back up through that door will never have a zombie spawning in front of you.

The worst enemy you'll have to face is inadvertently picking up a Carpenter, which is a death sentence on this map regardless of the route you prefer (any loop or going full map).

The kiting spot by the bar isn't actually a loop, which is probably why you struggle there. What you do is mainly cut backs and a crescent shaped spot in the large area by the brick wall. You don't want to loop around the stairs because it gets really tight and you can easily get trapped. Maybe Superhands could supply a pic for this? I he usually has some pretty good drawings.

The kiting spot by the bar isn't actually a loop, which is probably why you struggle there. What you do is mainly cut backs and a crescent shaped spot in the large area by the brick wall. You don't want to loop around the stairs because it gets really tight and you can easily get trapped. Maybe Superhands could supply a pic for this? I he usually has some pretty good drawings.

I know its not a loop, but I can never manage to spin around it in a way that prevents my escapes being blocked. If I go down in my other spots, I always hope to see a remaining player running up there, but typically the runner in that spot goes down before anyone in my spots (I imagine it is an experience thing since I know people swear by that spot and wouldn't dream of the STG), so I ever get much of a chance.

and deal with the crawlers in tight spaces? Not a huge fan of that, thats how I went down last time we did full map.

Its a bit easier co-op, I'll agree to that, but if you can manage to get two good players fluid on two of my spots, its a cinch to get each other up in case of a down

It's actually way easier solo. You don't have to worry about other people screwing the loop up or making crawlers. Crawlers are an absolute killer, so that's why I suggest not using bouncing betties or explosives. Read Superhands guide for more info.

I know its not a loop, but I can never manage to spin around it in a way that prevents my escapes being blocked. If I go down in my other spots, I always hope to see a remaining player running up there, but typically the runner in that spot goes down before anyone in my spots (I imagine it is an experience thing since I know people swear by that spot and wouldn't dream of the STG), so I ever get much of a chance.

I could show you what I do if you want me to.

and deal with the crawlers in tight spaces? Not a huge fan of that, thats how I went down last time we did full map.

Its a bit easier co-op, I'll agree to that, but if you can manage to get two good players fluid on two of my spots, its a cinch to get each other up in case of a down

When you run full map, do you stop in places? Or just continue in a steady pace?

Because I've found if you stop and wreck parts of the train in the long hallways, it's pretty manageable. Really the only weakness that strategy has are the stairways, because if zombies meet you half way, they have a chance to gang up on you.

On co-op, I usually choose to spawn on the side with jug and make are way to the bathroom area and hold out there, having one take the window in the back, and the power room once its opened, and the other take the hallway of the room you came from until it starts to becoming a bit overwhelming. Then, open all the doors and move at a steady pace while the zombies spawn. Once they stop spewning for the moment, stop at either the same bathroom, or the long hallway/room with the Thompson and shoot them until they start coming from the direction you are looping.