Duplicate a weapon w/the '' HACKING DEVICE '' ?

joshs1982

How I duplicated a weapon w/the ''HACKING DEVICE''

We discovered we could both have hacker at the same time by grabing it at the exact same time ''kind of tricky though'' but hey it works.

You may or may not have to do this first but I'm not sure if this has anything to do with this or not because when he grabbed my weapon he was'nt hacking anything I was.

Keep in mind though we both had hacker when this happened for us.

Follow these steps.

First you will need to be playng co/op and both have the ''HACKING DEVICE'' you can try this with only one haveing the device but we both had one each.

Go find you a mystery box.

Now take a spin whatever gun it lands on ''HACK'' it.

Now you will be given a second spin when it lands on the second weapon ''HACK'' it as well, the weapon will now be open for you to take or for your comrade to take, now the next step is where my freind grabbed my weapon out of the box by pressing X as I was pressing Y to switch my weapon, when we did this it gave him my weapon plus traded my weapon I was holding for the same weapon he took from the box, the weird thing was mine had no ammo in it but his was full.

When the person without hacker is grabbing the weapon by pressing X you have to be pressing Y at the same time to switch weapons but actually replace the weapon your currently holding so be careful

I'll be working on a video for proof, I'm working on getting the hardware I need now.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what you are saying. I don't believe this will work but I will try it. If you want help recording it you can play with me , my gt is way2g00.

K, I swear it worked. We are going to try to do this agin tonight and we will send you a invite. It really did happen, when we did it we wer at the box in the biodome and the weapon we duped was the spector. We did this last night on a complete actcident but I do remember everything we did step by step.

Will you be on tonight?

I knew about the double hacker thing, this is definitely the first I've heard of duping a weapon though. Will be pretty amazing if you can get some proof of it working, a Wave Gun for each player would be pretty amazing.

How do you yourself go about doing the double hacker trick, is it the same way I discribed above?

This doesn't work. I tried it with a friend few times.

I did'nt send one cuz we could'nt get it to work agin, I will continue to try to get this to work agin, if I ever do I will send you a invite. I just wanted everyone to know about what happened, I could'nt believe it. I'm thinking it might have been something that just happened, but could you give it a few more shots. I would realy like someone to get it on video if it's possible for proof, If nobody gets it to work for them I'm sorry for getting eveyones hopes up.

When it happened it was random we had no idea it was going to happen.

a) The first post is very unclear. "My weapon" is used 4 times or more in one sentence, and referring to different guns. Especially it refers sometimes imho to the gun he has hacked, which is not in his property yet. Makes my brain hurt.

B) This is a glitch, why is there such a huge interest?? Lets give every player a hacker/wave/ray/ray combo, glitch the astro, and do the roundskip every round and go to 200, and claim its legit. yay. At some point, the grey zone becomes black too, you know.

c) The glitch description itself makes no sense. I'm not surprised that it cannot be redone so far. Why should the game give me the gun out of the box when I press "switch weapons"? This seems very unlogical. The "switch guns" is a very basic and easy instruction for the game. It makes absolutely no sense, that this easy command gets messed up with a "give gun" command.

-clear words from Tom, who is a bit upset with that thread.

a) The first post is very unclear. "My weapon" is used 4 times or more in one sentence, and referring to different guns. Especially it refers sometimes imho to the gun he has hacked, which is not in his property yet. Makes my brain hurt.

B) This is a glitch, why is there such a huge interest?? Lets give every player a hacker/wave/ray/ray combo, glitch the astro, and do the roundskip every round and go to 200, and claim its legit. yay. At some point, the grey zone becomes black too, you know.

c) The glitch description itself makes no sense. I'm not surprised that it cannot be redone so far. Why should the game give me the gun out of the box when I press "switch weapons"? This seems very unlogical. The "switch guns" is a very basic and easy instruction for the game. It makes absolutely no sense, that this easy command gets messed up with a "give gun" command.

Say what you want but what I mean by my weapon is the one im hacking in the box, oh well if it's a glitch I thought it may have been some known thing that a hacking device could do, I had never messed with it much and yes I was pressing the switch weapon button because I did'nt want to trade out what was in my hand. I never said that what happened made any sense and if you have such a problem with glitching why would you even read my post? Oh yea if I was tryin to glitch why would I be tryin to dupe a spector come on bro. It's something that randomly happened, I thought I would let everyone know so that way if it's something thats part of the game I could find out how to do it agin if my understandings are wrong. You did see the ? in the title right?

I don't know why some people are worried about other people that claim its legit. Believe what you want. I myself Live stream and record most of my games for further evidence just for that reason. I know people that do the things you mentioned about getting to high rounds but really I don't respect/believe them until I see them do it live. Really.

Having more than one wonder weapon to speed up/clutch the round in a map like Moon is really not a big deal given Jugg is not on Moon and some people absolutely hate doing the EE. lets say the Person with Wave gun died for whatever reason at 50+, the game is over because it's very hard to hit the box in middle of a round for a wave gun. So yea, that's why there was some interest in this subject. I really don't think this is possible what the OP mentioned and it sounded more like a glitch than a hack. I just wanted to see if its a hack since it requires two hackers.

Also since when is having two hackers considered a glitch?

Of course it is nice to know about all these things and investigating them. joshs, I'm didn't want to say it's wrong to post that. I am annoyed, that every answer is sounding like that would be something legit. And sorry I was freaking out of this little "my gun" thing.

But lets get it clear first: I understand by a glitch two things.

First: You do something that is possible, but not meant by the developers. Abusing little programming faults for little advantages. The key of my definition is: Not meant by the developer. For example, going onto the table on FIVE. It (was) possible, but obviously the programmers meant to play the game differently.

Second: It is just a general fault in the game, that you cannot take influence on. Crashing games, score not saved on the leaderboards, no round starts anymore after teleporting, and so on.

So when I say glitching, I normally mean now the first thing. Lets see an example to get into the problematic:

View 1: When you already have a ray gun, the box won't give you another. So you are not meant to have 2 ray guns.

View 2: But if I hack a ray gun for you, other people are meant to be able to take that hacked gun. So you ARE meant to have 2 ray guns.

It is controversial. I can everywhere say: It is possible to do it, so the developers meant to play it like so. How should I know, what the developers wanted and what they didn't want.

This is a matter of interpretation. So it is very individual. One might say something is legit, whereas the other says its totally glitching. Some things are very obvious glitching, others are in the grey zone, others are obviously legit.

2 Hacker

There is one device lying there, not two. If I take it on my own, it disappears. No other player can have a hacker, unless I put my hacker back. So, the game wants only one guy to have the hacker. You can abuse the programming fault, that some 'device no longer available' instruction for the game is reacting too slow.

I say, you are not meant to have 2 hackers, and that is why I say it is glitching.

2 Wave Guns

Since the very early maps we know: One wondergun for one man. One gun comes out of the box. A powerup is taken by one person (good to compare it with deathmachine).

As the description said, you can irritate the game somehow [as said, I don't see how it makes sense]. But the point is, you irritate the game in some way, so that now both guys can profit from that box-gun-powerup. Making it possible to break those 'one wonder for one guy' constant.

So it's a glitch.

2 Ray Guns

See above. One pro argument, one contra argument. The game doesn't want to have you two equal guns, but allows one papped and one unpapped. This is one for the grey zone. For my interpretation, it's rather bright then dark grey, so ok to do it.

Legitimization

It is not consequent, if you say, that the advantage is just minor, therefore who should care if its a glitch or not.

Hacking own drops is easy. Gersh out, hack, there is your ammo.

But when you have to call me over to hack it, since only I have the hacker: I have to search your location and the drop. It already starts to blink, I get stressed, I hurry, my ping is high, the "Hacking..." message comes delayed, I run into the power up. We are both out of ammo, last gersh just wasted... We die. Round 52 instead of 75. So how was that with the minor advantage? We could create a similar story for the wave thing, as you already started something with the game over at 50 if they wave holder dies.

Just because FIVE is hard, it was never legit to hop on the table. And just because you don't like the EE and jug is on earth, it's still not getting more legit to use minor glitches.

I hope you can understand my point, cause I can also understand yours very well. I say again: This is very controversial and individual. In some way, I can also say, 2 Waves or 2 Hackers, why should I care.

I just tried to take a point and represent it.

Whatsoever, why do I even have to write this.... A game should be made so, that everyone has the same circumstances. What we have now is some player go to 70 with 2hacker and a glitched out astro, the other reach 70 with one hacker and a moonwalk astro. And both say, they played legit, and both played legit - as said, it's a thing of interpretation if 2 hackers are legit or not.

I'm not blaming anyone but 3arc. It's not our thing to find out what is glitching and what not. 3arc is supposed to pick out everything they don't wanna have in the game, so everyone has to play under the same circumstances. That they don't do that, THIS is what makes me angry and why I got freaked out up this thread.

Very good points there Tom, would give some [brains] but it appears I've given you too many :lol:

I think it's simple to tell what was meant to be and what's a genuine glitch in programming. For example, 2 Rays; the developers are smart, they would know full well that being able to hack box weapons to become available for your friends would enable them to have 2 Ray Guns, one of course upgraded.

But if they wanted you to be able to take 2 hackers or whatever, they would have let you do it.

If you're playing split-screen with a friend where no leaderboards are involved and you're not planning on making a claim of a legitimate high round, then by all means use glitches if you must, no harm done. But if you're getting it on the leaderboards or claiming a round record then avoid the glitches, or it doesn't count. Also personally, if I'd used a glitch or anything during a high round run, it'd be diminished and I wouldn't be satisfied so I wouldn't count it anyways, no matter how small the glitch is or even if it was somehow accidental.

You can get 2 ray guns from a qed

Theres a block on the box to prevent 2 players in the zone

Theres a block on the focus stone

Theres no block on the hacker

Splitting the hacker can cause trouble in disorganised teams and this is the reason i think 3arc intentionally let it be shared

Having the hacker is a huge benefit in the early rounds it also speeds up the neverending box spinning

Everyone fighting for the hacker and quitting because they didnt get it will not make good gameplay also the benefits from 1 player holding the hacker gives to much of a point lead

If they applied the tesla code theory with the hacker they would need to drop the round/teleport bonuses and make it so you only have a limited amount of hacks before you have to drop it for a round so someone else can have it

I personally dont care if they block it but i wont play moon in matchmaking its bad enough with people giving the "sorry i stole all your kills but i need the bowie knife so can you open the next door"

Like previously said its what you achieved personally and if you know you cheated then its not alot of good

I mean if you go to 50 on moon you should be getting 4-5000 kills on 2 player game but alas for many this is not true my point is there is many people glitching