The Story is Just Beginning

As you all know, we left our characters on the Moon, with Richtofen's grand scheme complete, and Maxis extracting his revenge. The last sequences can be interpreted and theories can be developed, but for now, it is safe to say, that the zombies storyline has taken two possible villains that are better, more devious and hellbent, than anything we have ever seen in the story so far. What makes this good? Well, for starters, we have concrete antagonists, something the story was lacking earlier. Also, this creates a solid protagonist. Now we can have a look at why each of the antagonists and their motives, as well as the possibility that there is for each one to double as a protagonist. But first, for those of you who are not familiar with story and narrative terms, a little crash course.

Here is an image of a storyline chart:

Protagonist: the character, usually the main character, whose actions drive the storyline along, introduced at the beginning of the story, then leads the characters on a journey for personal gain, or whatever it may. Either way, without this character, the story would not exist. For WaW and Black Ops, it can be argued that Richtofen is the main character, as all the characters follow his lead, and his scheme is the one we complete. Everything, every map, has some importance to his quest.

Antagonist: the character whose actions stop the protagonist in his tracks, preventing the journey from progressing, the villain. In the first two chapters of this masterfully woven story, we can see Samantha and blame for her control of the zombies; however, she is just a child. We can then look to an easier villain: the zombies themselves. The infected, the men who are no longer men, but those who dwell in the shadows- they are the ones that inspire the drama and the madness of the first two zombies installments. And even if Samantha does control them, the inner evil within her is not quite up to the level of Richtofen.

Let's talk about the plot chart for a little bit here: so we have the introduction, the inciting event, the rising action, and then the climax.

Introduction: not a clear event, but the background of Group 935, as well as Richtofen and his betrayal, as well as the quest for super soldiers, craft an elegant solution for our introduction to this brilliant story.

Inciting Event: this is something that catapults the storyline into its main action, introducing the conflict that the characters try to solve. The main event would be the outbreak of zombies, and the characters must fight against them to save the world, or so they think. Richtofen has other plans, and his incentive is eternal power and world control, even if it costs his soul... Faustian myth? ;)

Rising Action: this is the part where the characters try to solve the conflict, going from place to place in search of a zombie outbreak to quell is certainly deceiving, isn't it? Richtofen slowly collects the pieces he needs to craft his master plan, and that is the rising action. He is journeying to become the greatest and each time we play as our band of merry zombie slayers, we are part of the rising action.

Climax: this is where the rising action stops, and the characters are faced with the conflict head on, zombies everywhere on the Moon and Richtofen so deathly close to his goal. The climax is the turning point in the story, and it's obvious, isn't? A soul swap is clearly the turning point and now we have our mystery...

What comes next? Well we don't really have much in the way of a conclusion or the falling action, the things leading up to the conclusion. Now we have a time where we can ponder what will happen. The next chapter of Treyarch's amazing story will deal with the steps the characters take on the way to solve the final problem. However, the conflict that the characters have is different. They are on their own journey.

It is here that we see differing storylines branch out. The characters, particularly Takeo, are beginning to grasp their old memories. Samantha wants to destory Richtofen. Maxis has his own motives, a father hellbent on revenge. Takeo wants to destroy all of Group 935.

What happens to our two villains, or so I believe? Richtofen and Maxis are the protagonists for their own stories and conflict but also the antagonists for our own main characters, at least bearing the possibility to halt the story at their own will. Richtofen wants to gain the world and through his methods, will undoubtedly use the zombies in a way that will benefit him and try to destroy our characters, who are now on a journey of revenge.

Maxis is content with trying to exact revenge on Richtofen for destroying his daughter and his family. There is not a man more revengeful than a father who is fighting for his family. So here, we have a few possibilities.

1. The story can begin all over again. Takeo and the crew can run errands for whomever, on their way to the goal of whomever they chose to side with. This is possible, and would create a new beginning to a story that appeared to be almost over.

2. Maxis and Richtofen will manipulate the conflict over the characters and their will would come to dictate the course of events. The final showdown would happen in the middle of chaos and destroyed battlefield, and if things go planned- the zombies would be destroyed completely and either Maxis or Richtofen would have the support of the world, or whatever's left of it.

3. Takeo and the crew begin their own story. Takeo has regained his memories, and vows to rise above the darkness. With a dark side to him, he manipulates Maxis and Richtofen becoming the schemer himself. In the end, honor triumphs and the good guys will win in the chaos of the world.

I think that number three will be the most likely case. At least the ending. Here's why, the three super soldiers will have recovered and turned against their master, sending the message that is wrong to try and use and control people. However, the story is completely open to interpretation, but, remember. Those missiles fired at earth symbolized a new beginning to the story, and if we look at the story and the general way a story progresses, we are in for more twists as Maxis and Richtofen try to solve their conflicts, and Takeo begins his. We also cannot forget Samantha, who has her own motives.

Overall, we are in for the long haul. Remember, that even though Moon may have seemed like the end... the end is only the beginning. 8-)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work once again ehjookayted.

I think that most of this really does fit with the events of the story, though it does seem like it could work in just the WaW maps. You know,

NDU: The beginning

Verruckt: The set-up

Shi no numa: Rising action/development

Der reise:Climax

Just sayin...

I think the fact that it took us this long to have someone realize this is awesome as well, seeing that the story can be simplified in this way.

Very well structured, A LOT of background information, fantastic research, my friend this is a fantastic thread. As far as the theories go, I like the third idea. I think Treyarch are really going to bring more and more out of Takeo in the next game, and it is going to be very interesting!

The amount of effort you've put into this, and in everything you do is just awesome, it shows true dedication and commitment. In fact I think I would go as far to say that if you keep up this work, you could become the next Alphasnake!

-Jolteon

Very well structured, A LOT of background information, fantastic research, my friend this is a fantastic thread. As far as the theories go, I like the third idea. I think Treyarch are really going to bring more and more out of Takeo in the next game, and it is going to be very interesting!

The amount of effort you've put into this, and in everything you do is just awesome, it shows true dedication and commitment. In fact I think I would go as far to say that if you keep up this work, you could become the next Alphasnake!

-Jolteon

Perhaps not the next, but an equivalent. AlphaSnake can never be replaced!!!!

-Jolteon

Wow, I don't know what to say... Just thank you very much! :)

And I'd have to agree with MLH, I could never, no one could ever replace AlphaSnake! He is a legend on this site and in the world of zombies. There's a reason he has the most reputation other than Carbon. We shall all continue to look up to you, Alpha! No matter where you are.

-Jolteon

Oh yes, of course, Alpha is irreplaceable! However, with Ehjookayted posting as regularly and as consistently well as he is, then he will soon become a household name around CoDz!

-Jolteon

-Jolteon

Wow, I don't know what to say... Just thank you very much! :)

And I'd have to agree with MLH, I could never, no one could ever replace AlphaSnake! He is a legend on this site and in the world of zombies. There's a reason he has the most reputation other than Carbon. We shall all continue to look up to you, Alpha! No matter where you are.

No, thank you!

You have earned every last compliment given to you! You have been truly fantastic since you joined!

-Jolteon