Round 63

TroubledTurkey

Whats up. I started playing Ascension earlier today and decided to go for a high round run. Got to 63. Its not Fantastic, compared to other high rounds I have been seeing, but its impressive for me lol. I usually lack the concentration to go for that long, but I actually made really good time on this game. it took only about 4 and a half hours, With 5 to 10 minute breaks every 10 rounds (And slowly, the breaks became less frequent).

Honestly it wasnt even that legit of a game. It had no challenge at all. I got Gersch devices, T-Gun and Ray Gun before the first Teddy Bear (didnt get the first teddy actually) And then from about 23 onward, it was just Build em up & knock em down, over and over. On Around 30 I had to start using traps. I had a system going. Trap first, then ZC Blast, then trap, then ZC blast. I never went over 4 cannon shots per round, and on every round after the 1st post monkey round I would throw a Gersch after using my 4 shots.

I had Revive, Jugg, Stamin-Up and Flopper. The only perk I lost the entire time was Flopper. I just let it go. The other 3 are easy to hold from one spot. I stopped using my Ray Gun alltogether after 35 or so. After 50 I used it like a point maker gun, since it didnt make Crawlers anymore. My points rarely fell below, or went far above 40,000 at any given time untill near the end of the game. Monkeys didnt seem as hard as they used to either. EVENTUALLY, I was FORCED to quit. I easily could have gone a lot farther. I didnt even get to "use" my Quick Revive lol.

OH! and heres the best news! I got my POS camera working! (Kinda the real reason I am making this topic XD) Heres my pics:

Moments before my death

End Score

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its probobly gonna be a good long time before I try anymore high round runs. I gotta clear out a good chunk of my day to do them too. It sucks when you get to round 50 and then friends call and want to hang out, or yoy get called into work last minute. Once you get to 50 its all the same anyway, Just more Zombies, especially on Ascension.

Oh, and I might not do videos yet. My camera is wack. Full batteries only last about 3 minutes in it. Not enough time to make a Legit video. I was going to record a minute of my game before my death, but I suddenly had to quit right away and only had time for a couple pics.

I may try Kino this weekend. Using the O'l "SuperKiting" strategy on the stage. Not too different from Ascension.

(SuperKiting is my term for the Kino spot on the stage where you just run very tight circles around the podium stairs. Waaaaay more reliable than the regular stage kiting route.)

Last time I got far on Kino I just ran around the map, waited for a mob to round up behind me, and hit a Trap. Point Spam the MP40. Nothing special. (Cept no T-Gun. WonderWeapons are definately not required for Kino and Ascension)

Its probobly gonna be a good long time before I try anymore high round runs. I gotta clear out a good chunk of my day to do them too. It sucks when you get to round 50 and then friends call and want to hang out, or yoy get called into work last minute. Once you get to 50 its all the same anyway, Just more Zombies, especially on Ascension.

Oh, and I might not do videos yet. My camera is wack. Full batteries only last about 3 minutes in it. Not enough time to make a Legit video. I was going to record a minute of my game before my death, but I suddenly had to quit right away and only had time for a couple pics.

I may try Kino this weekend. Using the O'l "SuperKiting" strategy on the stage. Not too different from Ascension.

(SuperKiting is my term for the Kino spot on the stage where you just run very tight circles around the podium stairs. Waaaaay more reliable than the regular stage kiting route.)

I used to do the tight stage circles, they work really well but take so long as you are continually waiting for the gas zombies to take their time getting to you. Try this....

Last time I got far on Kino I just ran around the map, waited for a mob to round up behind me, and hit a Trap. Point Spam the MP40. Nothing special. (Cept no T-Gun. WonderWeapons are definately not required for Kino and Ascension)

I used to do the tight stage circles, they work really well but take so long as you are continually waiting for the gas zombies to take their time getting to you. Try this....50 in just over 2 hours....to go for a high round run it will take more like 3 hours to 50 but gives you a huge bank of points.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=18525

I did this again last night (only to 40 though) just to prove a point to myself. I used ONLY the 1911 and MP5K. I bought Revive, Guarded it for one Monkey Round and got Free Jugg (The luckiest thing that can happen at that early point) and then just got rid of Revive on the Next Monkey Round. It made using non-Upgraded Non-WonderWeapons a lot easier lol. Honestly, I COULD have went and upgraded, used the Box, all that, since Jugg isnt required to be open, but I didnt. I would have gone for more perks before this, but Jugg was enough. Eventually I got tired, and I knew it could easily be done, so I stopped. The 1911 is only useful during insta kill, but I kept it anyway.