[Survival] Riot Shield

Tom852

Hey. I wonder about your experience with the Riot Shield. I just try to get into the topic a bit.

I usually camp as long as possible. But especially in Jugger Rounds I(we) cannot avoid kiting. Talking about Round 30+, I couldnt see any advantage using the Shield so far. It just gets destroyed too fast. Imagine a Jugger and 2-3 enemies shooting you, imagine you getting into a little corner cause you are walking backwards, imagine an enemy starting to shoot you from your (unpretected) back or side.

Why not just run, keeping the overview, flashing enemies in front of you?? It's not the key, still leads to death sometimes in higher waves, but is it better then a Riot Shield tactics?

I'm basically now just talking about the situation, when you wanna kite and when you start to get your train together in a map, where you will get shots, you will get enemies in your front and in your back.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever I try to loop, I need to either

a) go fast or

B) be able to clear my front

The riot shield does neither of these things. I agree with you. You can use it to draw fire while a teammate destroys the enemies, though. Other than that, it's a useless piece of junk. I completely agree with you.

All that said, I mostly never use a secondary weapon during a high round gun fight. A LMG works just fine for me. I only have a p90 so i can run fast and as a backup weapon, I am seriously considering riot shield. I was discouraged earlier when someone said that Riot shield does not protect you at all and you are hurt even when it is armed on your back (Relaxing end has a video of this...xbox..) But then i tested this on ps3 and it looks normal.

Long story short I think most of the times the cause of my death is when enemies are shooting me in the back, so this is a good add on during jug rounds. So is the armor.

I've tried Riot Shields and they just aren't that protective anymore. (compared with MW2) Besides I would rather be holding a striker anyways. (A Juggernaut SLAYER- if you want dead juggs use this w/ grip) And usually when I die it's because I have to go for the revive and the entire army is shooting me, so it may help it may not. I'll give it another shot and get back to you guys on how it works.

yep the sole reason of it is to give protection when you are reviving or hurt seriously from one side. You can get back your other weapon later if you feel like you are wasting the spot. But I agree that riot shield might not be useful as it is supposed to be in survival. I need to do bit research on this but if you do so let us know.

thx for the comments. Looks like its not really something cool, but better than a basically not necessary secondary LMG.

However, I've played with the shield twice, and I've seen it. So I won't do any research or testing with it. But I'm of course happy if someone of you can do a detailed review on it ;)

So I tested the riot shield the other day and here is what I found.

When used as a primary it does not give full coverage as it did in MW2. People will still shoot you and will eventually break it. Juggernauts destroy the riot shield very quickly making it virtually useless against them. The only time riot shields are useful is if you use it to block a helicopter. Just aim up for a couple seconds and keep going. Another downside is that your mobility is greatly decreased with the riot shield. So if you have a riot shield only pull it out for helicopters or if you run out of ammo in your primary.

If you have a riot shield it is much better used as a secondary. It will give you a certain degree of coverage from behind. If you are camping, it doesn't really matter because you usually will want to turn around and kill those guys. When running away, it is better than nothing. Keep in mind that if you are passing enemies they will be in front of you initially, so they can and will still shoot you. The biggest downside to using the riot shield is that it replaces your secondary weapon. This means you will be using one weapon which will run out of ammo in a couple rounds. The problem I have with it is when the Juggernauts come I like to be able to kill them quickly and efficiently. The riot shield replaces my juggernaut gun, rendering me screwed the next time they come.

Conclusion: Only pick up the riot shield if you run out of ammo in a gun you don't need. Never buy one (unless going for the achievement) it is a waste of money. Only use them as primaries against helicopters; keep them on your back the rest of the time. Also if you are going for a revive make sure it is on your back otherwise it will dissappear while you revive them. Make sure you get a good juggernaut gun by the time the next jugg round is, or you are in trouble. Hope this helped :)