Call of the Dead Train spot

Ok, this one is DEFINATELY well known by now. Its one of the most popular spots I have seen, but not many people know how to run it well. I dont know what other "Good" people do in this spot, but I am going to share what I do in this spot.

The Spot up by the Flinger and the Power.

The other strategy I posted, about killing George and then using his lightning to whore some Max Ammos, works very well in this spot too. Its harder with George around mad at you, but it DOES work if executed correctly.

It involves starting at the designated spot, shoot while backtracking across the edge of the flinger and to the right of it (away from the Power room) Then you jump OVER the flinger diagonally, and run to the spot near the doorway/stairs. You shoot here if you want, then make a full circle back around the room back to the starting point. Keep going until you are again, next to the stairway. Then backtrack to the start OR the first shooting zone by the flinger if the start point is overwhelmed at the moment. If the written version doesnt help, this is a kinda crude drawing of how I wanted to describe it.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a good strategy Turkey.

When I first started playing COTD me and a friend developed a good 4 p strategy utilising this area.

The flinger is key, as is the zip line.

2 or 3 players camp the spot, the other players are at the lighthouse. If any of the camping players go down the others need to fling immediately. The downed player can then crawl backwards onto the flinger and it's an easy revive. All the zombies have to take the zipline giving lots of time. If someone is brave enough they can even try and kite on their own knowing that if they go down they just need to flip and the lighthouse player can time their run to come up and meet them. You can then escape through the top of the lighthouse and zip for Juggs, with the safe player leading the zombies down the lighthouse.

COTD has endless strategies for 4 players if you are creative!

Every map has almost endless strategies for them. Most of my "strategies" come from brief stops on rooms, and seeing if I can train in them before I leave somewhere else. I havent had much experience with 4 person strategies. I dont play online much, but I got a bunch of 2 person ones.

I try to go beyond the obvious in my strategies.

The obvious: A Big open area, like the Lighthouse shore, or the PhD Flopper Landing pad on Ascension.

What I look For: Small looking rooms that can be used for "Arch-Hording" rather than Circle Kiting. OR a series of rooms that ends in a repeatable lap.

I dont ever really USE my strategies, beyond initial testing,when things get chaotic and I need to establish some order among the zombies, or I cant decide where I want to go, so I stay in one strategic location. Otherwise I just go wherever.

This one is Semi-Circles, and Semi-Archs.

Its good for brief stops in this area and you dont want to interupt someone across the Flinger, or in the start room. Just build a train up there, and then leave down the stairs instead of using the conventional escape routs (Flinger/Zipline)