New players

Rissole25

Alright so this just my rant on the topic. (not directed at anyone in the forums)

Honestly I feel like the majority of the new people playing Nacht der Untoten who didn't get WaW will complain about it, just because there are no perks. They will just consider it as another "Five" and just leave it. But they should get over it if that's the case. The people liked it just fine in WaW and it's not gonna change just because you can't survive without Juggernog. It is probably the hardest Zombie map to date IMO, but that's what I like about it. You're gonna need to co-operate and co-ordinate as a team if you wanna get far.

In the case of the PaP machine, read above. This also partly applies to Verruckt and Shi No Numa. Just because there is no PaP doesn't mean you should just judge it by that and throw it out quickly.

Again, not directed at anyone here, just my two cents. :P

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent played Nacht Der Untoten on BO Yet, but I can imagine that the level is a beast with the blackops engine. I am kind of hoping that it makes it more difficult to Fan the help room as well (does it?) cuz that became a joke really quick once I figured it out. Innability to upgrade, in my opinion, kind of gives the classic maps ('cides Der Riese) Their own personal edge and difficulty. The PaP was a great addition, but putting it in the revamped maps would just kinda ruin them.

I know, right? The classic maps got me more excited than Moon did (nothing against moon, but I am looking forward to the classics). Running trains has gotten redundent though. I try not to do it anymore. LAtely I just run around a map like a mad man and hope for the best, and it works out well most of the time, except for when people get all butt hurt when you just come flying out of nowhere, rack a few of "their" kills and dip. (its not really THEIR kills when the zombies are in YOUR way). Jug is essential though, would be cool if it were in Nacht Der Untoten, but it wouldnt be right.

I've got the Classic Maps already and it is an improvement from WaW's engine. The knifing system is SO MUCH BETTER! No more lunging at zombies and dying. And I like it that NdU and Verruckt are next to impossible for running trains. It just feels like old school zombies again. I've been going to the good ol' grenade camping spot in NdU if 4 people are playing. Verruckt...I stay by the Thompson area most of the time but I move from it when it gets a bit to much.

Honestly I kinda wish they left us with the marines to play as in those two maps. The original characters weren't there so it just feels wierd, but it's cool I guess at the same time. Or they could've just had Dempsey and 3 marines.

I am kind of hoping that it makes it more difficult to Fan the help room as well (does it?) cuz that became a joke really quick once I figured it out.

I haven't actually tried yet, but I would imagine it is.

You can kind of Fan in Verruckt pretty easily. In the Thompson room, if you are careful, but I've found that the best way to horde zombies in Verruckt is to just lap the entire building until you got a mob. The stairs can really throw you off though, but with the right people (or person) it can go down pretty well.

The Weapon changes in the Revamped versions are putting me a little down though. I really liked the BAR in Der Riese, but atleast the Good O'l FG42 and Carbine are there. The upgraded knifing system is a real "look forward to" kind of thing.

One last question for ya dude; In Der Riese, they fixed the "Sticky Zombies" thing right? I hated that. You run past a small group and just get stuck to one and get trapped!

I find it harder if you've got 4 people in Verruckt (but more fun). I try not to move around to much if I'm playing online because if I run past another person or someone runs past me, my horde will run into them or I'll run into there's. But Solo would different story.

One last question for ya dude; In Der Riese, they fixed the "Sticky Zombies" thing right? I hated that. You run past a small group and just get stuck to one and get trapped!

I think so. I haven't encountered it yet, but I imagined they would've fixed it. But are there some new glitches which I hope 3arc fixes today (next month for me). I think more will be discovered which will be a shame :(

PS. The Ballistic Knife is worthless on the first 3 maps, no PaP or Bowie Knife to buy.

Well theres always the ammo thing, where u can pick up knives, and a BK shot to the head is 1 shot kill to atleast 20 (farthest I've tried it, non-upgraded)

It's good in that sense, but I would only really use it at the start of a round, before there are heaps of zombies, because it would be hard to concentrate on a headshot while moving around to avoid zombies.

Plus I just plain suck with the BK, can never get the aiming of it right unless I'm right up close to them.