Wave Gun has different modes??

iStealth Mode

Just a little theory of mine that i want to share with you guys... Alright, so notice how the first in game images of the Wave Gun that we received showed the weapon being either in red and yellow or just plain yellow , like so:

And then shortly afterwards we learn that the gun can be split to make a Volt Gun of some type. People claimed that the Wave Gun possibly changed colors due to the fact that it is now two guns and shoots bolts of electricity, but we have already seen the weapons combined without any change in the colors. I believe this proves that splitting the weapon does not change the colors of it at all, but only changes the properties of matter that the gun shoots, showing how they are the same colors either way.

Now that we have seen the Wave Gun red and yellow people are now to believe this is its "original form" and when they see it blue and red they think that it is the upgraded version of the weapon. I say this is incorrect due to the absence of the COD:Black Ops Pack-a-Punch texture on the gun. This drove me to the conclusion that when the red is in the front, the behind gun is yellow and when the red is in the back the front gun is blue, thus giving the gun more than 1 type of mode depending on where the red gun is.

Many other conclusion that have really been pulsing in my mind:

1. There are 2 Wave Guns in the box, both a different color than the other.

2. The Wave Gun has more than one effective firing mode that changes colors and effect depending on the mode.

3. The method the Wave Gun uses to kill the zombies may be changed depending on how much oxygen surrounds your character, making the properties of the gun change entirely according to the environment.

4. The way the QED "curses" or "blesses" you may have to deal with how it Wave Gun and how effective it is against the zombie horde.

There are many more theories but this is just a general idea of what i had in mind. Sorry in advance if there is already a thread like this, but i just felt the need to get this out to the community and get your opinion on the matter.

Sincerest Thanks, iStealth Mode.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

*Cough* Um, I think there is more than one Wave Gun. Due to the face that on the original "Rezzurection" intel/post on the Call of duty website. http://www.callofduty.com/intel/490 "Arm yourself with a space-age arsenal of epic proportions, including the Wave Gun, capable of cooking zombies from the inside out, as well as the Quantum Entanglement Device, which taps into the theories of quantum mechanics to bless (or curse!) your battle against the undead." Could this mean there's more than the stuff we've seen...?

Posted this yesterday in another topic.

"Arm yourself with a space-age arsenal of epic proportions, including the Wave Gun, capable of cooking zombies from the inside out, as well as the Quantum Entanglement Device, which taps into the theories of quantum mechanics to bless (or curse!) your battle against the undead."

I saw this awhile back and I felt like it was nothing, but Im not sure. Im one of those persons who likes to nit pick at words and make them more than they appear to be.

Honestly, If I was the one who wrote out the Intel for Rezurrection, I'd want to sound like a smart ass and use big words. But with that aside, it makes me wonder that there's like a 3% chance that Fu453 has somewhat of a decent idea. i mean, we've seen, I guess, three different 'types' of Wave Guns, so who is to say that there isn't more than one type?

What I got out of that Intel introduction was that there is a full set of 'space age arsenal' in Moon.

Being me, I would have simply said, "Arm yourself with two new Zombag slaying weapons, including the Wave gun and the Quantum Entanglement Device..." and so on.

Im most likely wrong as hell when it comes to agreeing with Fu453 and the OP, but it'd be kind of cool to have One WW, but have there be four different 'types' of this one Wave Gun so that each player has the chance to have their own fun with the new WW.

But after seeing the newest Trailer where they actually test it on that poor Zombie, it still makes me think that this one gun has different properties.