High Level Strategy 2p

Preparing for 50+ this weekend. Any suggestions or tweaks?

1-4: Stab, 1911 etc.

5-6. Hang by the mp40, get enough points for jug.

7-10: Depending on my teammates strategy I stand in the bottom floor of the lighthouse, or in front of the 74u. But, in a 4p match I did very well on the ice-island near speed cola. Do you think one guy by speed, and one by the 74u would be too hectic on the player by the 74u? I noticed I didn't get alot of zomb's back there, but I picked up a ton of kills helping my teammate fire on his horde from the top of the ice-cliff.

Side note, I prefer to open just the bottom floor of the lighthouse--neccesary for high-level revives of players in the lighthouse--and leave all others closed so every other floor only has 3 entrances, thus making it harder for the zombies to trap you.

11. Im cautious so I make a crawler and buy all 4 of my perks, listed in order of importance: Jugg, quick-revive, stamin-up, Phd Flopper. I also pack-a-punch my colt if I have enough points. I then empty most of the rounds of the pistols on George--it's early, max-ammos are still plentiful.

11-20. Points, points, points, and more points. Gather all the zombies, and burst fire at their heads with the 74u. Stab the headless ones.

20. I make multiple crawlers and George dies. I use my usually 50,000+ points to beat the box til' I get a ray-gun or a scavenger. I empty it into him, pack-a-punch it, and finish him off. Then I use the packed gun until it runs out of ammo. Then I trade it for the 74u.

20-40. One person runs laps in the lighthouse, the other by the 74u. If your teammate goes down, don't just rush in/out there like braveheart buckin' on zombies. Instead DONT KILL ANY ZOMBIES. Keep running your respective route, and wait until all the zombies are on you. Then make your move to your teammate. If your in the 74u, I just roll through the front door with mustang and sally out just in case. If im in the lighthouse, I slide down the ice-slide, and jump off the cliff to his rescue. When you go down, you need to make the decision, JUGG, or no JUGG. When my teammates go to jugg, I post up just across the bridge leading back to the ship, and hold the zombies as long as I can, to ensure my friend gets Jugg without getting trapped. If they do get trapped, depending on how long they have been down, it may be better to retreat back to lighthouse and take the zipline over to the top of the ship, so the horde pulls back away from your revive operation.

After 40: Pure speculation for me since 40 is my highest so far. The VR-11 is the gun to have. Now communication becomes key. I run outside and gather my horde, then wait until my teammate runs past the bottom lighthouse door, I then scamper in behind him, and we run together through the back-door leading to stamin-up. We post up on the top of the ice-slide, he shoots me with the vr-11. I empty my 74u into the horde thats raging through the door in a nice straight line. Im thinking of trying the m-16 instead, the noob toobs would be great while lit-up by the VR.

Sorry for the scatter-brains, but I was trying to get it down while it came to me. Any thoughts or suggestions?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Preparing for 50+ this weekend. Any suggestions or tweaks?

1-4: Stab, 1911 etc.

5-6. Hang by the mp40, get enough points for jug.

7-10: Depending on my teammates strategy I stand in the bottom floor of the lighthouse, or in front of the 74u. But, in a 4p match I did very well on the ice-island near speed cola. Do you think one guy by speed, and one by the 74u would be too hectic on the player by the 74u? I noticed I didn't get alot of zomb's back there, but I picked up a ton of kills helping my teammate fire on his horde from the top of the ice-cliff.

Side note, I prefer to open just the bottom floor of the lighthouse--neccesary for high-level revives of players in the lighthouse--and leave all others closed so every other floor only has 3 entrances, thus making it harder for the zombies to trap you.

11. Im cautious so I make a crawler and buy all 4 of my perks, listed in order of importance: Jugg, quick-revive, stamin-up, Phd Flopper. I also pack-a-punch my colt if I have enough points. I then empty most of the rounds of the pistols on George--it's early, max-ammos are still plentiful.

11-20. Points, points, points, and more points. Gather all the zombies, and burst fire at their heads with the 74u. Stab the headless ones.

20. I make multiple crawlers and George dies. I use my usually 50,000+ points to beat the box til' I get a ray-gun or a scavenger. I empty it into him, pack-a-punch it, and finish him off. Then I use the packed gun until it runs out of ammo. Then I trade it for the 74u.

20-40. One person runs laps in the lighthouse, the other by the 74u. If your teammate goes down, don't just rush in/out there like braveheart buckin' on zombies. Instead DONT KILL ANY ZOMBIES. Keep running your respective route, and wait until all the zombies are on you. Then make your move to your teammate. If your in the 74u, I just roll through the front door with mustang and sally out just in case. If im in the lighthouse, I slide down the ice-slide, and jump off the cliff to his rescue. When you go down, you need to make the decision, JUGG, or no JUGG. When my teammates go to jugg, I post up just across the bridge leading back to the ship, and hold the zombies as long as I can, to ensure my friend gets Jugg without getting trapped. If they do get trapped, depending on how long they have been down, it may be better to retreat back to lighthouse and take the zipline over to the top of the ship, so the horde pulls back away from your revive operation.

After 40: Pure speculation for me since 40 is my highest so far. The VR-11 is the gun to have. Now communication becomes key. I run outside and gather my horde, then wait until my teammate runs past the bottom lighthouse door, I then scamper in behind him, and we run together through the back-door leading to stamin-up. We post up on the top of the ice-slide, he shoots me with the vr-11. I empty my 74u into the horde thats raging through the door in a nice straight line. Im thinking of trying the m-16 instead, the noob toobs would be great while lit-up by the VR.

Sorry for the scatter-brains, but I was trying to get it down while it came to me. Any thoughts or suggestions?

If you are going 2 p this is how I do it....I don't use QR btw and haven't yet had a problem without it.

First 3 rounds, starting area regardless. You know the score.

Round 4 - it's still 3 stabs and so depends on how brave you are. I wait by the boat leading to lighthouse and open once overwhelmed. Sprint to the front of the lighthouse and wait until you have 3000 points each and an additional 2k, then get the sickle. Stay here until round 8/9, one inside and one outside then head to power. Get Juggs, then Flopper, then Stamina....get QR if you want but I'd always prefer speedy.

By end of round 11 you should both have 4 perks and PAPed M&S. I grab an AK and stay here until round 20. If either play gets a death machine leave is as long as possible and hoard the zombies, 1 player grabs it and gets into George. I like to have all 7 perks by 20, it just makes life easier.

Rounds 21 - 29, try for a big AR, and just keep 1 inside and 1 outside. Your revive method seems spot on to me, but only use M&S if absolutely essential, you want the downed player to have an as free a path as possible to juggs.

By 30 you normally have enough points you can stop whoring.

I'd use the scav until end of round 33 for some quick rounds.

From 34 onwards it becomes pretty regimented.

Kill George at end of 33, make sure the new round ticks over before picking up the gun. You now have 2 free rounds without him, plus 180 guaranteed kills. Player without scav gets VR-11, and PAPs it.

With the waffle get rid of all but 2 bullets first, then let your partner try for some ammos...either a doll or a couple of bursts of M&S can still get rid of 20 zombs.

If nothing just get rid of WAFFLE.

Your strat past 40 is what we basically do from 34. It's kinda personal and really needs the 2 players to figure it out between them. With good timing the player in the lighthouse can bring his group out and get down to the pool and leave all zombies with the other player. Run a tight circle at AK and then sprint to your friend waiting to give you insta kill. Choose whatever method you wish to get rid of the zombies - scav, grenades, ar, crossbox, it all works the same.

Be prepared to spend some time doing it. It took us 14 hours to get to 49, but we wasted a shit load of time. We ended with nearly 8000 kills. We are aiming for 55 this weekend, that's the top 100 then worldwide. Currently we are at 250 and 252.

Good luck mate, COTD more than any other map really requires a good strat for past 40....communication and discipline are really key.

Every chance you get on levels below 15 or so empty your pistols into George if you ever see a max ammo. Again, communication is the key.

1 other thing that I found really helpful was to start checking your kills at the end of round past 35 or so.

35 has around 240 zombies

37 - 250

40 - 310

41 - 320

42 - 340

43 - 345

44 - 350

45 - 370

46 - 390

47 - 400

48 - 430

These stats are scewed by a few bombs but knowing whether you need to buy a new VR-11 at the end of a round becomes important.

I found that you average around 20 kills per VR-11 shot, and you have 36.

So 44 you are going to need roughly 18 shots. 40 only 16, 47, 20. If you have dolls add another 20 per doll to the kills you can get.

Also counting the kills throughout the round roughly means you know where you are in it. As these are taking 30 minutes or more it's nice to know when to slow down to make sure you leave a crawler.

I used to start out the same way by hanging out with the MP40 but I grew out of it. This is what I currently do solo, and have done it a few times with my buddy 2 player, works more or less just as well, but having someone else around when relying on 10 rounds of more or less knife-only killing can be hazardous. By round 10 - 14, things in my plan all depends on the cash flow, so.. things aren’t 100% all the time. Also, when I bring Mustand Sally into it, having an ally around can be tricky, as even with Flopper you might blow them up. :P

Round 1 - 4 shots with the pistol then knife.

Round 2 - 8 shots with the pistol and knife. When ammo runs out, 1 shot with the M14 then knife.

Round 3 - 2 shots with the M14 then knife.

Round 4 - 3 shots with the M14 then knife.

(if you happen to get a max ammo at any point, I burn the pistol shots for easy points)

Round 5 - head towards the lighthouse, picking off stragglers with M14 and knife. Should be able to afford sickle’s by this point.

Round 6 & 7 - Down the slide and knife everything, open the path into the ship and head towards the starting room. Head up to towards the power switch area, but do not open it.

Round 7 - 9 - Knife everything while camping upstairs at the top of the zipline.

Round 9 - 10 - Turn on the power, head for jugg via the upstairs route (past the base of the zipline from the lighthouse) and get semtex grenades on the way.

Round 11 - 12 - One shot with the M14 then knife for kills. By this point I usually have at least 5000 or 6000, so I upgrade the handgun for Mustang & Sally. It’s also critical at this point to get PHD Flopper so the explosions won’t hurt you. Doing ‘doughnuts’ at this point involves either the zipline from the power area or the Flinger, then taking the same route as was mentioned above, going down under the lighthouse, towards the slide, back into the ship and back to the start room.

Round 12 - 14 - Random a gun if the box is available and replace the M14, or buy an AK74u. If it’s a machine gun from the box, zombies will go down either with a few headshots (if they mob up) or 2 or 3 body shots and a knife kill. I usually get Stamin-up and Speed cola around this point.

Round 14 - 15 - Around this point it’s time to kill George the first time and get a random 5’th perk and some Wunderwaffe loving. Cash shouldn’t be a problem (usually around 10,000 or so) so unloading random guns into George’s face in the water, upgrading the ones that are worth using to kill him.. scavenger, LAW, and so forth.

Round 15 - 17 - Cash flow shouldn’t be a problem by now, so guns can be replaced/ammo bought for upgraded wall guns. From here I pretty much start running the same pattern. Open up more of the map for larger escape routes, kill George 2 or 3 more times for the rest of the perks (having all 7 is pretty awesome) and some more lightning love to save on ammo.

I’ll admit I’ve only gotten to 21 at this point solo, but I also blame that on the fact that the games take over 2 hours and I usually have to pause and go out with the dog or some such, then die pathetically when I sit down and start playing again. :P Waiting on buddies to have free time so we can make an evening of it and crack at least past 30 or 40. Still, rolling with the knife kills as often as possible has really made the cash difference (even past lvl 10) for upgrading weapons and flattening George for perks.

1 other thing that I found really helpful was to start checking your kills at the end of round past 35 or so.

37 - 250

40 - 310

41 - 320

42 - 340

43 - 345

44 - 350

45 - 370

46 - 390

47 - 400

48 - 430

These stats are scewed by a few bombs but knowing whether you need to buy a new VR-11 at the end of a round becomes important.

So 44 you are going to need roughly 18 shots. 40 only 16, 47, 20. If you have dolls add another 20 per doll to the kills you can get.

Also counting the kills throughout the round roughly means you know where you are in it. As these are taking 30 minutes or more it's nice to know when to slow down to make sure you leave a crawler.

Useful information there. Thanks I was itching to do this for a while but I kept forgetting, one day I will make a chart of # of zombies per round. [brains] for you.

37 - 250

40 - 310

41 - 320

42 - 340

43 - 345

44 - 350

45 - 370

46 - 390

47 - 400

48 - 430

Useful information there. Thanks I was itching to do this for a while but I kept forgetting, one day I will make a chart of # of zombies per round. [brains] for you.

Thanks man, I just wish I knew the definitive formula to calculate this.

I'm not very good at this map but I feel like getting the sickle before juggernaut is a good early strategy. Once I get this map I'll get into the 30's at least. Any thoughts on the sickle first approach ( I usually get the big knife first on all maps I play.)

I'm not very good at this map but I feel like getting the sickle before juggernaut is a good early strategy. Once I get this map I'll get into the 30's at least. Any thoughts on the sickle first approach ( I usually get the big knife first on all maps I play.)

Yeah the sickle basically gives you a free pass to level 9, OHK is amazing. And it stabs so quickly

2 player you should be able to get it by level 4, normally on level 5 if you don't get a bit of luck with max ammo and *2, and get bombs instead. Also if you aren't both on the same page you won't get it on round 4, you need to maximise absolutely everything.

The key is to not buy a gun at all, and be confident in your ability to stab and not get hit. Even a zombie sprinting directly at you can be stabbed and you not get hit at all by either a well timed drag back before you stab....you want to trick their animation into stumbling at you.....or a sidestep and side slash, this is my favourite as it totally negates the dreaded double swipe.

Stay in starting area for the first 3 rounds regardless.

You have to spend a bit of time eeking out extra points and bullets, so...

Round 1 - make sure you line up at least 2 zombies and fire 6 shots into both, then stab both, ideally it should be 3. Never shoot into a single zombie. Don't bother shooting the rest of the zombies, just stab them.

Round 2 - stab the first spawners twice, then again try and line up 2 or 3 and fire 8 bullets into them all. The first zombie will require 1 stab, the second 2.

Although if you fire into a line of 3 zombies, once you kill the first one you can shoot 4 bullets into the next 2 and then 1 stab will down them.

You should be able to complete round 2 with around 8-12 bullets left....6 in round 1, 2 * 8 in round 2 plus 4 more = 20 bullets, or 500 plus point per player.

Round 3 - ASAP stab the first zombies coming up 3 times, you should be able to manage the first 8 or so without having any issue. Your remaining bullets are for the real sprinters, 4 headshots plus 1 stab will do it.

You will normally have got a max ammo by now, if so unload 8 shots into each zombie then a couple of stabs.

Round 4 - at the end of 3 get George in the water all the way over at Quick Revive, then both players get to the boat which leads to the lighthouse. Stand in front of it and look back at the spawn. These zombies are just 3 stabs each still, you can tag team them, alternating stabs. When overwhelmed open the boat, get to the flopper perk and open this door into the lighthouse. You basically need 3000 points each, plus 750 for the first boat, 1000 for the flopper door and 1000 for the ice slide door.

So total cost of 8750 / 130 = 67 zombies killed before opening door.

There are 65 zombies the first 4 rounds.

1 = 7

2 = 12

3 = 18

4 = 28

That doesn't take into account any bullets you may hit them with, or any 2*. The only time I don't get the sickle on round 4 is when we hit a bomb or an insta kill. They both take points away.

Good luck mate.