Horrible Der Riese Glitch

I just finished a game of Der Riese and I had to come here and leave a post about it. It was round 16 and I was fully armed. Just got done using the box and got a PPSH (which I call "Fish" for short.) I had the Wonder Waffe, the Bowie Knife, Monkey Bombs, Bouncing Betties, Juggernog, Speed Cola, Double Tap, and I just pack a punched my Fish. I had one crawler left from the previous round so I could get some weapons. As I'm walking off the platform where the PaP is, I encountered the crawler. I was getting ready to kill it when he swung at my legs killing me instantaniously. One shot. I had Juggernog. I don't get it. I was about to stab it with the Bowie Knife but he swung at my legs and I was trying to back up. All the sudden my screen went red and I was dead.

Has anybody ever had this problem? This is like the 5th time this has happened to me. One crawler takes ONE swing at me and I'm dead. I did all the easter eggs...the Fly Trap, Hide and Seek, all radios, and the brick with the letter under it...and I hit 2 of the 3 spinal cords. I was going to hit the third one right after I killed the crawler so I could hear the song while I was blasting zombies away in the next round. I always do all that stuff. The box moved only one time. I don't understand. I was ready to throw my controller but instead I just stared at the screen with a blank look of WTF?! This happens a lot on my game and I'm wondering if there is something wrong with it. I'm on PS3 and it's the original Der Riese on World at War. This is seriously pissing me off because I could have gone so much farther but the game decides when it's time to call it quits...I SHOULD BE THE ONE TO MAKE THAT DECISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wonderwaffe couldn't have zapped me because my PaP'd PPSH was out at the time. I was saving my Wonderwaffe ammo for the next round and was going to light them up with my PPSH. This has happened a few times before...but u just reminded me of something I heard about the wonderwaffe canceling out Juggernog. I'm starting to think it's true.

Wow, round 16 and you already had all that stuff, lucky you.

kthxbai

Playing solo gets you many more points than playing co-op. In round 1 I stab them all. Round 2 I stab the fast ones then I let the slow ones line up and shoot through all their legs to maximize points then stab them. Sometimes I get a double points so if there is 6-7 zombies lined up in a straight line, thats almost 120 points per bullet. Then if I'm lucky, I'll get a max ammo and use all that up. By the time round 4 is about to begin, I usually have around 6 or 7 thousand points. I go through the Thompson door, grab the Thompson and turn on the power. Then I stay in the power spot till I have enough points to do stuff. I usually grab Juggernog and Bouncing Betties with my first wave of cash. Then Speed Cola and the box. Then I open the door by the teleporter by the furnace. Then I let another wave come and kill them all and leave a crawler. By round 9 I usually have everything I need to do the catwalk thing for a bit and get up more points. Then I do whatever I want until I'm dead.

But for the most part, it has to do with a lot of luck. Sometimes I don't get past round 10 because either the box is being a dick or I don't get many drops. It's always something...it wouldn't be zombies if there wasn't a lot of frustration and luck involved lol

not by the wunderwaffe exactly at that moment, but if you EVER get zapped throughout a whole game when you have juggs, your juggernog doesn't work anymore, sorry to say it

[brains] to you sir. I didn't know that. Now I'll just have to make sure I don't zap myself with it as much as possible. Whats really bad about it is that you can't buy Jugg again in a solo game because Quick Revive doesn't bring you back to life in the World At War version like it does in Black Ops. So if I zap myself with the Wonder Waffe in a solo game, thats it having Jugg I guess. Thanks for the heads up.

The JZ at the end when you PaP it supposedly stands for juggernog zapper?

Oh so if you pack a punch the Wonder Waffe you can zap yourself without losing Jugg? That would be pretty sweet. I always wondered what the point of PaP'ing the Wonder Waffe was...it always seemed to work the same either way. The only difference is that the beam is red instead of blue when you shoot it. I'll have to try that out. Thanks for the tip. I'd give u brains but I just gave some out. I'll get them to you a little later.

Even the DG-3 JZ negates Juggs when you zap yourself:

FajhtMSaPQ4

Regards Alpha.

Wow thanks Alpha. So I guess the Wonder Waffe isn't as great as I previously thought. Or the DG-3 for that matter. That was still a great game you had though. With Escalation coming out on Friday and Call of the Dead having the DG-2....I can only wonder if the same rules apply. I know you can't PaP the DG-2 in CotD, but I wonder if the same thing happens if you zap yourself....I hope not....by the way, [brains] to you sir.