Ascension Rockets

Has anybody ever looked into it before?

below is a picture of the Soyuz models, which incase you didn't know is the type of Rocket in Executive Order, Launch, and Ascension.

Except in those missions, the Rocket is an ICBM(Intercontinental Ballistic Missile)

On Ascension, it seems like a missile wouldn't be fit for this place. Especially after talk of monkeys being sent to space.

But the rocket isn't a manned Soyuz model. Look at the picture in the link to see, the difference is pretty obvious.

http://rst.gsfc.nasa.gov/Intro/soyuz1.gif

It seems more closely related to the ISS Cargo and Commercial model. And since Commercial models are used for things like launching Satellites into space, so likely the Cargo model. And I would guess that the monkeys would be considered Cargo even though I haven't known the Soyuz as a craft to take to the moon. Even though I have only known it to carry things into orbit or space, seeing as the Russians never made it to the moon.

Now another thing suspicious is outside of the power building there is a crashed rocket. Now this is very strage for several reasons.

1. it appears to be a Ballistic Missile, yet obviously Not since it's still in one piece, which wouldn't be the case in a BM since it's tip is a large warhead.

2. It's crashed right into the power generators. Possibly why power is out?

3. It's not on it's final stage. The Soyuz rocket has several stages. The first one is the 4 main rockets lift it off high into/out of the atmosphere. Once out of fuel those break off and the center one continues to go. Then that piece detaches and the to part, which is clearly seen in that picture, it detaches below the thick red line on the rocket. Then that pushes it out further and breaks off leaving the TMA capsule. Which disconnects from the satellite and falls back to earth slowed down by parachutes. While this rocket piece, would still be in orbit. What possibly could have happened would be the rocket didn't ignite at this stage, leaving the whole thing to come crashing back. Or something far more confusing that I have no idea of.

To better understand how this rocket works watch this vid because it's more easily understood visually.

So there's some strange stuff going on here with the rockets on this map.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the technology found around this place (Gersch Device), and with the timeline putting it somewhere around the Space Race, I'm sure that this place was Top-Secret. I'd say the differences in the rockets would be due to the fact that they were Prototypes, which also explains why they were sending monkeys into space. Someone/something had to test the rockets. lol

Maybe the second rocket crashed because it was unmanned and needed input from ground control. Then, zombies attacked while it was in the launch process, and ground control was eaten.

These are pretty simple answers to your questions, but sometimes those are the best ones.

Considering the technology found around this place (Gersch Device), and with the timeline putting it somewhere around the Space Race, I'm sure that this place was Top-Secret. I'd say the differences in the rockets would be due to the fact that they were Prototypes, which also explains why they were sending monkeys into space. Someone/something had to test the rockets. lol

Maybe the second rocket crashed because it was unmanned and needed input from ground control. Then, zombies attacked while it was in the launch process, and ground control was eaten.

These are pretty simple answers to your questions, but sometimes those are the best ones.

While you see, that rocket SHOULD have been in orbit at that stage. I believe it is the work is some sort of sabotage, but by who? Maybe Yuri was rebeling his new position with the rockets and did it to get back. And I doubt it was a prototype. It's almost the exact same model as all the other Soyuz rockets in the game. I highly doubt it's a prototype. It has no distinct differences at all besdies the fact that being an ICBM wouldn't make sense. And here they were working on the Gersch Device, not much with rockets besides sending monkeys which still puzzles me. I believe Treyarch just doesn't really know much about these rockets. It would make sense because the average person would assume from the radios and the rockets presense that it would be carrying the monkeys to the moon.

Perhaps I'm looking to deep into it, or there is something hidden under all of this and they do know what they're doing.

Good point, I wasn't for sure or anything just brainstorming, and thats really all I could come up with. Also, 3arc seems to be getting a little lazy on the storyline side. The gameplay is great, but the story is kinda getting convoluted. I like how they leave clues but dang it, I want some solid answers from 3arc sometime soon. Oh, I just thought of something, maybe the rocket just malfunctioned, because we know Yuri was working on the Gersch device in secret after being transferred to Rocket Division, and before that his work was already lack luster. With his attention divided maybe he screwed up the rocket, or sabotaged it. If a rocket was to break apart to the orbit stage like this one, while still in the atmosphere, I would think it wouldn't have enough thrust and come crashing down.

Good point, I wasn't for sure or anything just brainstorming, and thats really all I could come up with. Also, 3arc seems to be getting a little lazy on the storyline side. The gameplay is great, but the story is kinda getting convoluted. I like how they leave clues but dang it, I want some solid answers from 3arc sometime soon. Oh, I just thought of something, maybe the rocket just malfunctioned, because we know Yuri was working on the Gersch device in secret after being transferred to Rocket Division, and before that his work was already lack luster. With his attention divided maybe he screwed up the rocket, or sabotaged it. If a rocket was to break apart to the orbit stage like this one, while still in the atmosphere, I would think it wouldn't have enough thrust and come crashing down.

That's what would happen. At that stage it would still be pushing into orbit range. Something is strange with the whole set up of it. And that it crashed JUST outside of the base.

My two therories:

1. 3arc was lazy and didn't bother to do much research on what they were digitally construcing.

2. The Gersch Device began to suck the rocket in after launch, but then was turned off.

I believe my first idea more than my second idea because the Gersch Device would probably suck in everything else, but it doesn't do this in multiplayer.

My two therories:

1. 3arc was lazy and didn't bother to do much research on what they were digitally construcing.

2. The Gersch Device began to suck the rocket in after launch, but then was turned off.

I believe my first idea more than my second idea because the Gersch Device would probably suck in everything else, but it doesn't do this in multiplayer.

I believe they only know what it looks like. I noticed in the Baikunor mission, the rocket set up it right, but one of the cranes never goes down, and the braces let go of it as it ignites, when in reality it starts at T-4 seconds, then releases at 0. And the rocket piece crashed still confuses me. At that stage it would still be going, release the spacecraft, then orbit, and the re-entry capsule would fall back, possibly it was sabotage or they got something wrong or i don't know lol.

• Administrators

It's solid thinking and writing although those aren't the rockets in the game. You can't say, "this is the rocket in the game, notice these pictures? They are completely different." You have to show comparisons. They are ICBM rockets, but not Soyuz. They are R7's. The one in the game is an R7 Semyorka, not a Soyuz. My comparison pics are in this link --> viewtopic.php?f=67&t=11967

Just look in the Ascension part. I hope this clears up some things. BTW it looks absolutely NOTHING like one of the commercial models, they look exact opposite to me. The picture I have in the link is an ICBM and looks identical to the Ascension one, as well as fitting my timeline.