Retaliation...is no glitch.

Guys, I have proof Retaliation isn't a glitch. But it IS indeed the next map pack. And it was with us from the start.

The Beta was named "First Strike", and now apparently Escalation is named "Retaliation". I really do think this is the next map pack. But there's a link to Zombies as well.

In "FIVE", there is a golden plaque on the PAP room (in the right window looking towards the PAP) that reads...

"RETALIATION

Operation: Sunrise

1962"

I'm guessing our gang (Dempsey and them) went back in time into the early 60's. And suggesting by the Operation name, we may just be hitting Japan (NOT SHI NO NUMA AGAIN!) again...or Vietnam.

As for Multiplayer, we're going to Nam, baby! Returning to Paradise!

Also: I searched this and nothing came up. So...don't flame me.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still undecided on this whole thing, but here's how i see it so far...:

Treyarch Launch 'FIRST STRIKE', i.e. the first move in a battle.

'ESCALATION' supposed to be 'RETALIATION', i.e. First comes the 'FIRST STRIKE' then the enemies' 'RETALIATION'.

Although alternatively...

Treyarch launch 'FIRST STRIKE' i.e. the first move in a battle.

'ESCALATION' i.e. an ESCALATION in warfare, casualties, violence etc etc.

Then the Third map pack, 'RETALIATION' the enemy finally retaliate.

This is how i see it anyway.

I also think that the Map packs are going to stop at the 3rd.

I think this because of the Achievements, basically! As so far there is 1300 G Available, and the Maximum (i think, correct me if i'm wrong) is 1500 G, leaving only 200G available, so maybe Map pack 3 will have even more achievements available.

And that will be it for Zombies until the next Black Ops, or the next Treyarch CoD.

I also think that the Map packs are going to stop at the 3rd.

I think this because of the Achievements, basically! As so far there is 1300 G Available, and the Maximum (i think, correct me if i'm wrong) is 1500 G, leaving only 200G available, so maybe Map pack 3 will have even more achievements available.

And that will be it for Zombies until the next Black Ops, or the next Treyarch CoD.

no the maximum i have seen is with gears of war 2 1700 G i think. But no they will make at least 4 map packs as some where they said that black ops was going to have the most map packs some where

Games on Xbox Live can have a maximum of 1750GS attainable, and since the map packs so far have handed out 150G for completion it could hint towards Treyarch planning to make 4 map packs for the game, as 1000 + 150 * 4 = 1600 would fall comfortably under the gamerscore limit set by Microsoft and even allows the last 1 or 2 mappacks to hand out more gamerscore. What I'm slightly concerned about is the quarterly limit of 250G, which could force Treyarch/Activision to publish the fourth mappack very close to the release of MW3, but then again judging by the amount of $$$ they are able to gather into their piggybanks with every mappack I doubt they would not publish a fourth mappack solely because of that. They probably want to squeeze everything they can out of Black Ops before MW3 comes out.

From the Xbox Live article in Wikipedia:

Game developers also now have the option of adding up to 250 points via downloadable content every quarter after the first year of release (for a total of 1,750 points)

Hopefully I didn't misinterpret that!

Still standing by the fact THERE IS NO WAY the new map pack name could even BE on Xbox live, Retaliation must've been the original name for MP2, First Strike, Retaliation. Since the second is escalation, it could imply they planned for map packs, can then retaliation could be the third