Why zombie monkeys?

In previous maps Samantha sent the hellhounds after you. We knew where the dogs came from. But where do these monkeys come from? Are they just floating around in space waiting to land on earth or are they sent from somewhere? And were they infected before or after they were sent into space? Something to think about

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I can think of is that

A. The soviets were experimenting with element 115 around the time they were working on there space program.

B. The monkeys were "infected" with elements 115 when in orbit, possibly from the remains left on the moon.

I don't think the Soviets knew of Element 115, only that Scientist who found the Diary(Ascension Radio Message) The Monkey's no doubt died during the Experiments so they drifted through earths orbit. Somehow Samantha knew and found away to bring them back to earth.

I'm reformulating my Time Line I made about the Order of Events that happened, that includes Events Before the Four Characters from each Map entered the Map. I feel that what happened at Ascension happened possibly Months before the Four Hero's Teleported to Kino Der Toten. Plus some Believe that, by hearing the Phone Messages that Ascension and Five happened at the Same time.

Well the thing is, Ascension is much further in the future then Der Reise and Ascension was a displaced future..

So between Der and the real time line leading to ascension, there could have been other experiments connected to 115 that have no great detail until we have a map between Der and Ascension beyond Kino...

My assumption would be that maybe the monkeys were dying in rentry, so there as an experiment to use 115 to allow the monkeys to survive reentry and during these experiments and the gersch exposure the scientists became infected. As keep in mind, monkeys in space couldnt be exposed to the gersch experiments in space, they'd have to be xposed pre-launch...

Also... They arent zombie monkeys, they are super monkeys...

If you open up the terminal at the main menu and do several things it will give you locations of element 115, and one location happens to be on the moon. So I guess when the monkeys landed on the moon, they got infected by 115. My question is how did the element get on the moon? I think were starting to get more questions than answers...

It's a really really hard question to answer about how 115 got on the moon, as in real life, it has to be made by scientists in labs, and obviously does not re-animate the dead. Using a real element with fictional properties was a clever idea, even though it was dreampt up by several conspiracists about 20 or 30 years ago.