whats better PS3 or XBOX 360 for black ops gameplay

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming from a PS3 ambassador, the 360 is better for any Call of Duty game unfortunately... :?

But generally, not every game is better on one system than another. Some are pretty much identical to each other. The PS3 version of Black Ops is plagued with problems. We address these issues in EP #4 of the CDZPodcast releasing soon this week. :D

Yeah, unfortunately, microsoft has a contract with activision to sel all dlc a month early for 360 (or a month late for ps3, call it what you will), and that sort of includes all games in terms of quality. In actuality, the PS3 has a better graphics processor but it's harder to make games for and then port to other consoles, which is why most companies who make dual console games create it for the 360 and port it to PS3, PC, and in some cases, Wii

The timed exclusivity deal is really meant to be just that.... a timed exclusivity deal. The quality shouldn't be affected because of this deal but sadly it is and with the popularity, marketing and might of Activi$ion, theres not a damn thing anyone can do about it until all the gamers who got the short end of the stick revolt there won't be any changes. Its a shame that people are like sheep and won't bother.

The games industry is something that is close to my heart, (which is why I want to be part of a gaming podcast), so when end products are lacking it really annoys me especially when I know alot about how games are made and what affects the quality. Regarding Black Ops' performance on the PS3, there isn't really an excuse for it. CoD4, WaW and MW2 were ported pretty much perfectly yet this couldn't be done again?

Its very distasteful especially from a company I admired for WaW (Treyarch). :(

WaW was my all time favorite CoD...BO, other than the connection issues, is my second favorite, even though the new zombie maps have barely any replayability, at least to me. When WaW DLC came out, especially SNN and Der Riese, I could play those day in and day out. Now I need at least a day or two of rest between long zombie games (round 30+) because after a while, the maps just et boring. I don't know exactly what's happened to Treyarch's flair, but i hope it returns in the DLC's to come :). In all actuality, I will buy Treyarch's next game (most likely BO2), and if they fix the connection issues and maybe even make it for the PS3 ported to the 360, that would be a bonus :D

I respect your opinion. I, however, will not be purchasing another Activi$ion or Call of Duty game until Acti get rid of that greedy capitalist business plan or its CEO and change big time and I won't pick up another Call of Duty game until the developers can prove to me that the engine has been improved, meets current/next gen standards and looks like the developers have worked their a**es off on the game.

Until then, Battlefield 3 baby.

I have not touched black ops in nearly 12 days now, it is just... boring. I dont fell the need to play more MP just for a gold gun. Even zombies is boring, ascension was old for me in 3 weeks.

I'm not looking into the next COD much either, I'll probably buy it, but i dont know how I'll feel about it. COD will continue to sell, unless BF3 can upset it bigtime. kids will still buy COD, regardless.

It has become a money pit for activision, literally ALL they have now is COD and WOW, Guitar hero is done.

For now, I'm playing the hell out of minecraft. I'll probably hop on homefront a few times too

True that to both of you. And Amen to BF3! Though I seriously doubt CoD will last up to BO2, because like Bob and Wolfy said, Activi$ion is just all about money now. They don't care about quality that most "real gamers" (i.e most people on CoDz) enjoy, they just want to keep pumping out a new game every year to a large audience of 12 year olds. Call of Duty is going down the same path that Guitar Hero took before it. GH3 was amazing, GH4 was ok, and I haven't even played any of the new ones. Activi$ion just sucks all the money they can out of game series, and when it's all said and done, they just make a new series. This is why I would like Treyarch to ditch Activision, join Respawn Gaming, and let Respawn make the MP while Treyarch does the Zombies, because with the current state of Black Ops, the only thing 3arc does right is Zombies (even though as Bob said, the maps get old pretty quickly nowadays)

there is no actual better console in terms of gameplay, its all down to which console you are more experienced with because it makes it easier for you to play the game

In Black Ops case, it does. Treyarch just hands down flopped the PS3 porting of the game, even though PS3 has superior graphics...what he meant by gameplay was "Which console is Blops better on?", and everybody knows it's 360

generally games that are made for both systems perform better on the xbox, I've heard that its easier to program for (the biggest exception being Final Fantasy XIII, which was developed for the PS3 and later ported to xbox)

for shooters overall, I prefer the xbox. The lack of trigger guards on the PS3 is frustrating. But pretty much every other game I'll take the PS3. Which just means Xbox wins for CoD

Yes, tis a shame that developers use the 360 as the lead platform as it hinders the PS3's version unless done correctly. Of course if the PS3 version was the lead platform and used all 7 available SPE's the 360 version would be lacking so I can see why as well. Oh well...

Yup... Its sad sony has said that no one has brought the ps3 to its full potential. And its been out since 2006..