level secret 1,2 theory

putzee

Keeping an open mind to the possibility that the release of ascension for ps3 MAY come with a patch for 360 users, I have a theory about what the following means:

level.passkey_progress = 0;

level.secret1_progress = 0;

level.secret2_progress = 0;

Im thinking its possible that this represents a single step with multiple options, therefore resulting in different outcomes depending on the path chosen, kinda like Dead Ops when you must choose your fate to get either fortune, firepower, fast feet.. etc. So far we can get firepower in the form of DMs, so maybe the release of ps3 dlc will allow for a different path to be taken in the egg, resulting in something other than DMs, like tons of points or really fast movement.

The PC version of the DLC will be even later than the PS3 date, so if they are going to postpone eggs for one console, why not another. This may just devalue any theory of extended eggs but meh..

anyway, in hopes of continued egginess for the PC; another patch would maybe unlock level.secret2, adding another path to choose from. Strategically using the boost you get from choosing a path would be a great way to lead up to a boss battle i think.

This also may help explain HITSAM and HYENA. maybe these are alternate passkeys, which result in different rewards. Once all patches are done, there will be a boss battle with Sam maybe? and you will use whatever reward you get to fight her, wether it be death machines or tons of points or whatever else they think of.

I sincerely apologize if i just wasted that much of your time. and plz dont flame cause its not in the code right now or cause no clip didnt reveal, its just a theory, relax.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone think that they would patch the map for when ps3 comes out.

What is leading you to believe that. Because they don't want to hurt the ps3 users feelings. They already released a whole map pack a month before, do you think not releasing the ''end'' of an Easter egg is somehow going to make up for that to the ps3 community.

If they cared then they wouldn't have made that deal with Microsoft. Plus, the deal makes it exclusive for all dlc and content from Activision. If they knowingly didn't allow xbox to have the whole map until ps3 got it they would be in violation of their contract agreement.

Do you think Microsoft gives a shit about ps3 and pc players, and if they get a chance to solve the Easter egg or not. Plus, what is the point. Why would they give xbox users a whole month to find the ending on their own, but then allow ps3 and pc users to piggy back off their hard work and get to come right in when it's the end.

I used to think ''o yea, it'd be cool if they did this, or if this happened'' but seriously, think about it rationally. It makes much more sense that there is nothing else instead of there being some patch so the ps3 players can feel good about themselves.

Why does everyone think that they would patch the map for when ps3 comes out.

What is leading you to believe that. Because they don't want to hurt the ps3 users feelings. They already released a whole map pack a month before, do you think not releasing the ''end'' of an Easter egg is somehow going to make up for that to the ps3 community.

If they cared then they wouldn't have made that deal with Microsoft. Plus, the deal makes it exclusive for all dlc and content from Activision. If they knowingly didn't allow xbox to have the whole map until ps3 got it they would be in violation of their contract agreement.

Do you think Microsoft gives a shit about ps3 and pc players, and if they get a chance to solve the Easter egg or not. Plus, what is the point. Why would they give xbox users a whole month to find the ending on their own, but then allow ps3 and pc users to piggy back off their hard work and get to come right in when it's the end.

I used to think ''o yea, it'd be cool if they did this, or if this happened'' but seriously, think about it rationally. It makes much more sense that there is nothing else instead of there being some patch so the ps3 players can feel good about themselves.

Boy o Boy arent you the negative nancy! I bet you told all the kids at the orphanage there is no Santa too!

GEEZ. We understand your point, you don't believe theres another part of the egg. WE GET IT! How does mentioning it in every thread you go into help anyone out? Obviously we've all thought it's over, but for many of us out there that know Treyarch and the affection they have for easter eggs, we believe there's more. You act like that's such a crazy idea, yet there's thousands upon thousands of posts regarding a next step, so obviously not everyone thinks like you.Get over it.

And another thing, the agreement with Microsoft is to release the Map Packs content early, and that's it! Treyarch would be a genious to wait for the full release and send out a patch that solves the puzzle so all players get a chance to do it instead of having PC and PS3 owners watching all over youtube on how to do it. It would make complete sense for their business. Make millions off early content release for XBOX, yet do updates for everyone at the same time. And most gamers do believe we have the whole map (No secret room obviously),but there's content inside the maps that missing. It would not be in violation of any terms.

And yes,you're right. Why would Microsoft care about PC and PS3 users? I'm quite sure they don't. But The Call Of Duty Franchise sure does! Remember that the COD series started on PC! Why would they not delay a patch so their PC users that made the franchise who they are had an equal chance at solving it?

I'm not saying there is gonna patch im not saying there isn't, But you're arguments for there to not be one are just nonsensical. But either way, stop being such a pesimist and let the kids believe in Santa already!

Boy o Boy arent you the negative nancy! I bet you told all the kids at the orphanage there is no Santa too!

GEEZ. We understand your point, you don't believe theres another part of the egg. WE GET IT! How does mentioning it in every thread you go into help anyone out? Obviously we've all thought it's over, but for many of us out there that know Treyarch and the affection they have for easter eggs, we believe there's more. You act like that's such a crazy idea, yet there's thousands upon thousands of posts regarding a next step, so obviously not everyone thinks like you.Get over it.

And another thing, the agreement with Microsoft is to release the Map Packs content early, and that's it! Treyarch would be a genious to wait for the full release and send out a patch that solves the puzzle so all players get a chance to do it instead of having PC and PS3 owners watching all over youtube on how to do it. It would make complete sense for their business. Make millions off early content release for XBOX, yet do updates for everyone at the same time. And most gamers do believe we have the whole map (No secret room obviously),but there's content inside the maps that missing. It would not be in violation of any terms.

And yes,you're right. Why would Microsoft care about PC and PS3 users? I'm quite sure they don't. But The Call Of Duty Franchise sure does! Remember that the COD series started on PC! Why would they not delay a patch so their PC users that made the franchise who they are had an equal chance at solving it?

I'm not saying there is gonna patch im not saying there isn't, But you're arguments for there to not be one are just nonsensical. But either way, stop being such a pesimist and let the kids believe in Santa already!

YOU TELL HIM THAT GIRL! UHMUHM!

LOL but I'm serous I agree with ya and even if there isn't anything, let us dream...

I believe in santa clause...and the next step.

Why?

1) I got coal for christmas the year I punched Garrett Hawkins in the nose.

2) There is just too much detail in ascension for this to be coincidence....

There's too much detail for what to be coincidence

see the post "Raw data and intel"... it goes into the details...especially the part about the solid test I run in-game.

EDIT* I'll even provide a link

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=7273