Somebody is in the centrifuge?

JuggernautSoda

I think this code just means that the soul spawns and rises up. i don't believe that spawns means it is at the spawn point of the 4 characters. i'm not sure i could be far wrong

It is as good as any theory I have heard thusfar.

You are correct.

*puts on nerd glasses and straightens pocket protector*

The programmers of this game invoke a 3 dimensional graph for all locations within the game. For those of you who missed Algebra, its basically those curvy line graphs you use in School...only instead of X & Y, you have (X,Y,Z)

Think of a 3 dimensional box (or cube) where the center point is 0. If you had straight lines connecting each side to the side directly opposite, you would create your 3 plains. The spawn point is 0,0,0. Moving up the stairs in the Centrifuge moves you up on the X Axis (example, you are now at (0, 0, 1)). If you move to the Sickle...you are up, left, and back (for lack of dimensional term)...so you'd be something like (-14, -8, 8).

Now, what does this have to do with this program? Well, the orb simply is activated. This means somewhere there is a preprogrammed system telling the orb what to do. These programs are small...remember there is space issues with storage involved here....they gotta keep this small. If the program told it to float up and go to the spawn, it would have the same programming, but with an added line telling the "soul" (as called in the programming) to go to (0, 0, 0) or the centrifuge room.

Instead, it simply tells it to activate. Creating a self sustained program that runs up, then left, then down to the centrifuge would be too large...instead, they simply tell the sould to go up...a very basic, 2 line program.

Essentially, it just goes up for 20 seconds...then vanishes...

well...I have just shown my nerd side for the day.....

Wow, you lost me at programmers lol. So what your saying is that the computer's not telling the orb to go anywhere on the map, except straight up and float away? Right??

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this code just means that the soul spawns and rises up. i don't believe that spawns means it is at the spawn point of the 4 characters. i'm not sure i could be far wrong

It is as good as any theory I have heard thusfar.

You are correct.

*puts on nerd glasses and straightens pocket protector*

The programmers of this game invoke a 3 dimensional graph for all locations within the game. For those of you who missed Algebra, its basically those curvy line graphs you use in School...only instead of X & Y, you have (X,Y,Z)

Think of a 3 dimensional box (or cube) where the center point is 0. If you had straight lines connecting each side to the side directly opposite, you would create your 3 plains. The spawn point is 0,0,0. Moving up the stairs in the Centrifuge moves you up on the X Axis (example, you are now at (0, 0, 1)). If you move to the Sickle...you are up, left, and back (for lack of dimensional term)...so you'd be something like (-14, -8, 8).

Now, what does this have to do with this program? Well, the orb simply is activated. This means somewhere there is a preprogrammed system telling the orb what to do. These programs are small...remember there is space issues with storage involved here....they gotta keep this small. If the program told it to float up and go to the spawn, it would have the same programming, but with an added line telling the "soul" (as called in the programming) to go to (0, 0, 0) or the centrifuge room.

Instead, it simply tells it to activate. Creating a self sustained program that runs up, then left, then down to the centrifuge would be too large...instead, they simply tell the sould to go up...a very basic, 2 line program.

Essentially, it just goes up for 20 seconds...then vanishes...

well...I have just shown my nerd side for the day.....

Wow, you lost me at programmers lol. So what your saying is that the computer's not telling the orb to go anywhere on the map, except straight up and float away? Right??

yep...thats about it

LOL..

I love the explanation.. i would have sufficed with..

Everquest /loc = X,Y,Z ... hell most 3D-Games have a console mode that .loc and or /loc give you the x,y,z of current location...

*shrugs*

But... I guess you could also explain a spacial grid ;)