Ideas for Site Podcast

Covert Gunman

Alright guys, we've been kicking around the idea for quite some time now that we should have a site podcast. I'm officially starting this project, and the only thing I want to to know, is what do you want to hear from us? There are any number of things we could talk about but I want some community ideas. If you've got a great idea for a podcast, let me know by replying and explaining your idea. Of course, I've had some ideas of my own, but I'll let you all get your ideas out first.

Thanks guys.

Podcast Ideas

· Participants Confirmed: CovertGunman, Strwrsbob, Lissa110, Undeadwolfy, Mikeh12, MrRoflWaffles.

· Possible Guest Appearances: thegrix

· Decide on title for podcast (“Chaos Drop Zone” brought up).

· Agree on a specific day and time in order to record the podcasts.

· Only well established members may take part.

· Weekly episodes (named episodes would be better than dated)

· Not solely based around “Call of Duty Zombies” aspect. Will also include other gaming news segments and opinions regarding this.

· Sound effects (soundboard/soundcart) and graphics (logo’s, advertising promotion and such) will be needed

· Try to advertise the cast in as many places as possible. (Stitcher,PodBean, iTunes)

· MUST BE FUNNY. If the podcast is too boring, serious or based too heavily on zombies, we will lose and/or repel potential subscribers.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Mikeh12 and I decided to get this thing going.

We need to set a time up, and get this going. I have the Snowball mic, which is a high-quality USB mic, and Mikeh said he could do some images and sounds for the podcast.

Please post here if your have any ideas/ are available to join us. I'd like to think that Covert and Carbon along with some other mods would help, but if not Mikeh and I can go ahead with it and send to carbon for his approval.

Yep, I've also got my Macbook, which comes with an inbuilt mic that I could use if we need too.

I put forward the idea that because everyone is spread around the world, we could prerecord bits, and then add them together and release it at a later date. Makes it so people don't have to be online at silly times.

And if we get the chance, could Covert/carbon/another mod try to contact a Treyarch Dev we could interview? That would be pretty awesome. You guys have a better chance than me and Strwrsbob of convincing them to do it.

We just need to figure out what the pre-recorded bits would be, if we were to have the groups talking to each other, it may not work, but if we had each group do their own, it would be like having 2 podcasts. We need to think this through, I know Friday at Midday is PM in the UK

Thats an awesome idea. I think it should be like updated weekly,

with something special to each podcast. For example:

•A welcome podcast, to help those who just joined up.

•A podcast covering each map, and maybe their links to the storyline.

•A podcast involving maybe a unique or well known member. Ask why they joined,

why they contributed, what did they contribute, their favourite part about Zombies

and anything else like maybe personnel questions. (I'm sure some people would like

to know more information about certain users)

•Maybe a podcast featuring some of the weeks best or most viewed topics.

•A podcast covering any new Features or DLC map packs.

•Maybe over time feature people from Treyarch, such as JD_2020.

But you could also talk about other games maybe. Because that'll get more

people listening to the podcast.

But yeah... those are just suggestion ideas for areas you could cover in a podcast.

Some of the best podcasts I've seen is a video on youtube of the audio.

But its been subtitled, so each time someone says something it quickly pops

up with the words. But depending on how funny it is or how its related to something

pictures are used and sometimes video clips without their audio removed.Which

does pull in more people because they can watch somethine whilst listening.

Some type of Weekly/Fortnightly/Monthly Podcast would be cool. (News; CoD Zombies and/or CoD in General)

Maybe discussion of some popular (worthwhile) forum topics on the podcast. It's always good to hear extended and descriptive views of important matters :geek:

A Zombie storyline podcast. (Discussions of the ever-changing storyline.) :?

The Welcome podcast is also a good idea.

Don't know if more than one podcast would work...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you are one of those who would like to be part of the podcast, please be on Skype this Saturday morning at around 8AM PST/11AM EST. I know it's kind of short notice, but if you could make it I would appreciate it. I want to have a meeting to plan out our first podcast and arrange a time for recording. Thanks guys.