"Maybe they stole this from Japan......"

play2often

I've heard both Richtofen and Takeo say this quote, with identical wording, upon finding the second meteor peice. So, i'm guessing there HAS to be some significance to this, otherwise why would it be emphasized so much?

(yes i did, search, and there doesn't seem to be a specific topic for this)

First, who exactly would 'they' be?

- Group 935 seems likely, but why would they need to steal 115 if they allready had the shi no numa meteorite? Then agian, Maxis stated in a radio transmission that they were low on 115, hence they mention the Nevada Base.

- also, In a document from the Computer at the main menu, it metions that the Ray Gun was initially developed in Japan (under 'Rising Sun') until it was obtained by Maxis.

The main question: Are we going to Japan? Ghost-town Hiroshima or Nagasaki would be an amazing, albiet controvertial location. Personally I'm not sure, as we saw a picture of Area 51 and the Huong River in Vietnam in the starting room of Five, so those seem to be more likely locations for zombie maps. Perhaps Japan will play some sort of role, if only in the form of background clues.

thoughts?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ uh yeah i do know about the meteor, duh.

but if group 935 moved their experiments from verruckt to shi no numa, it can be assumed that they owned/controlled snn, so why would they need to steal from their own property?

and we don't know the exact location of snn, it may not have been in japan, but rather in any number of pacific islands. Hell, it could even be vietnam, since japan controlled vietnam before and druing ww2. we simply don't know.

but i'm just wondering what treyarch is hinting at by referencing japan during the 1960s.

^ uh yeah i do know about the meteor, duh.

but if group 935 moved their experiments from verruckt to shi no numa, it can be assumed that they owned/controlled snn, so why would they need to steal from their own property?

and we don't know the exact location of snn, it may not have been in japan, but rather in any number of pacific islands. Hell, it could even be vietnam, since japan controlled vietnam before and druing ww2. we simply don't know.

but i'm just wondering what treyarch is hinting at by referencing japan during the 1960s.

Group 935 didn't get involved with SNN until a short while after the meteor hit. With something of such significance landing in their home town, however, it would appear obvious that the Japs didn't wanna give it up. So Group 935 practically forced their grasp onto SNN, they didn't own it beforehand.

That theory makes sense because...well..why else would there be so many Japanese Zombies at SNN?

Plus it makes the taking of the meteors actually make sense. What probably happened was when they discovered the meteor at SNN, they took certain pieces of it to try do more research on the meteor to other working facilities that Group 935 had at the time, or to possibly find new ways to extract Element 115 from it.

^ uhhhhhhhh you are aware that germany and japan were allies during ww2, right? and that they shared stuff with each other, like the ray gun (according to cia files in the main menu terminal)?

of course group 935 had shi no numa, that's why in the radio transmission they said 'you must know by now, we failed to contain the assylum and had to move the experiment here (to snn)." that's why you can find boxes with german writing all over snn. the japanese soldiers were most likely there for security, to defend to cooperative effort between japan and germany.

but that leads to the origional question, why say "Maybe they STOLE this from Japan". and why have 2 charachters say the same quote word for word? what's treyarch hinting at?

I think that the most important thing here is that the meteorite is there at the theatre in the first place---> why in the cinema? and for that matter, why in the 1960s??? Based on the new transmission at SSN, they time traveled by ACCIDENT, and based on the dreamland experiments Takeo shouldn't be able to remember SSN... So many unanswered questions.... :?: :?: :?:

i thought that any of the memory changing experiments took place BEFORE shi no numa, since they went straight from snn to der riese (proven in dr trailer, as richtofen says nikolai's nasuea is a side effect of teleportation), and then straignt to kino( as evidenced by the new snn radio message). so there wouldn't really be any time for dreamland to happen.

The radio isn't new :facepalm: It is how they got to SNN. They must have teleported all together from Der Riese, then they mistakenly teleported to SNN (Remember how the teleporter was failing and sending people/things in random places?) So the Radio is them immediately after teleportation to SNN. The reason Richtofen say, "When are we?" is because he recognizes SNN and wonders if it is when it was still operatable. That is not supported by ANY evidence that I know of, but it just makes sence. It is a theory :mrgreen:

The radio isn't new :facepalm: It is how they got to SNN. They must have teleported all together from Der Riese, then they mistakenly teleported to SNN (Remember how the teleporter was failing and sending people/things in random places?) So the Radio is them immediately after teleportation to SNN. The reason Richtofen say, "When are we?" is because he recognizes SNN and wonders if it is when it was still operatable. That is not supported by ANY evidence that I know of, but it just makes sence. It is a theory :mrgreen:

No, the radio says how they got to Kino Der Toten, because Richtofen says that the DG-2 had overloaded the Teleporter (DG-T) and sent them forward in time. And the Kino Der Toten loading screen shows them teleporting from Der Riese to Kino Der Toten. But thats a pretty nice theory.

No, the radio says how they got to Kino Der Toten, because Richtofen says that the DG-2 had overloaded the Teleporter (DG-T) and sent them forward in time. And the Kino Der Toten loading screen shows them teleporting from Der Riese to Kino Der Toten. But thats a pretty nice theory.

I am just wondering how you are all 100% confident that this is how they got to Kino Der Toten. There is NO words in that that support ANYTHING of what you said. The words would be like 'Theater' or of course 'Kino' or to support that they went ahead in time then sayng like 'Forward in time' or 'This is newer than in 1945'. There is 0.1% evidence that this is how they got to Kino. The only thing is Richtofen said "When are we?", and that supports both Kino and SNN. They could have traveled BACK in time, just not TOO far back as to make them think they really traveled a significant amount back or forward. AND, this would mean that Kino Der Toten was in Pre-Production BEFORE Der Riese even came out. Not likely at all. So please explain how this is, without a doubt, how they 100% got to Kino Der Toten.

^except for the part where richtofen says 'to the future!' so they most likely went forward, as evidenced by the modern weapon and the berlin wall outside of kino, which was built in the 60s.

:facepalm: I wasn't saying that Kino is not in the future. I was saying that the "new" radio is most likely how they got to SNN. And Richtofen didn't say "To the future!" in the "new" radio from SNN.

^except for the part where richtofen says 'to the future!' so they most likely went forward, as evidenced by the modern weapon and the berlin wall outside of kino, which was built in the 60s.

:facepalm: I wasn't saying that Kino is not in the future. I was saying that the "new" radio is most likely how they got to SNN. And Richtofen didn't say "To the future!" in the "new" radio from SNN.

The answer you're looking for is simple: you don't teleport to SNN. When you start a match on Kino or Der Riese, there is electricity running down your screen, implying a teleport.

You never teleported to SNN, you start out there. SNN happens AFTER the dreamland experiments and this is where Richtofen begins examining the four players. They then teleport to Der Riese for Richtofen is now looking for clues as to the whereabouts of Sam AND Maxis. I think he's beginning to believe they're both still alive. Then finally they get surrounded by untoten in Der Riese and head to the teleporter. Richtofen then fires the Wunderwaffe within the teleporter overpowering it thus sending them into the future and into Kino der Toten.

richtofen does say to the future in the new ssn message, and i quote:

"... The DG-2 must have overloaded the mainframe, ripping space time apart, backtracing us to the future! How wundabah!"

Hmm; with that being said, something catches my attention. Richtofen says "backtracing us to the future!" Backtracing? That means they started off in the future, traveled back to the past, but accidentally ended up back in the future. This could explain the starting picture for Nacht der Untoten on Black Ops.