Unidentified LMG?

play2often

I was watching the gknova6 video, and i noticed something: on the two rightmost screens, you will see a soldier in a winter uniform and gas mask, with his back to the player, he will turn right and fire an lmg that doesn't look like any of the confirmed ones.

-It has a large box mag underneath (containing a belt):

-this eliminates the RPK, Stoner 63, and Hk21, as those use 30-ish round mags, not a belt

-the M60 is the only lmg that's belt fed, and it's box mag is on the LEFT, not underneath.

So what could it be?

-the RPD is possible, but it's belt is in a ROUND drum, not square.

-it's waaay to early to be an M249 or M240, and the character using it looks russian.

-One possible candidate is the soviet PKM lmg, with fits the time period nicely, being around since 1965.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PK_machine_gun

We haven't yet seen the LMG create-a-class screen, so it's entirely plausable that there's another lmg.

thoughts? Comments?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately i'm not good with computers, that's why i included the details of the scene so someone who IS could get a pic. here's a bit more info. approx 11 seconds from the very beginning of the transmission, on the screen on the far right, bottom. it shows it again approx 33 seconds, same screen. (i started counting at the very beginning, right when the wierd sound starts).

i would download the video but i just spent a lot on a new laptop for school and i don't use it for videos, etc.

but i'm certain the said gun doesn't resemble a confirmed weapon.

The RPK runs a 100 round clip, depending. Same with the other LMG's. It's likely a mounted MG.

You sure its a 100 round clip? The clip looks to be the same size as the one in the AK47. Which definitely isn't a 100 round clip.

I didn't clarify very well... Sorry, the RPK CAN run a 100 clip, extended magazine.

Why is it too early to be an M249?

That was introduced in 1974...and lets not forget we have Nazi zombies running around in the Cold War :) lol...

Anyways, I personally think it's the Stoner 63, "later versions" had right side belt feed with box mags...

thoughts?

Also I managed to get some shots of the gun in question..

Looking closely at it, it seems to be a box magazine, not a side. It's the angle they may have led you to believe so.

*EDIT*: My bad, I misread the question. :oops: (Kill myself) Anyways, in that case it could still be any of the lmg's that blackops offers with an 'extended magazine' attachment? :?:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/news/new ... ox_mag.jpg

^this is what i mean by box mag belt for lmgs. the hk21 and rpk are magazine fed, meaning a spring in the mag pushes the bullets up to the reciever. now i'm not exactly how lmgs work, but something PULLS in the belt. so it's not easy to convert an lmg from magazine to belt feed.

but i do feel stupid for not looking up the date for the m249 (visits wikpedia) ok so it could be an m249 prototype.

but as said in the op, the hk21, rpk, and stoner 63 (which uses a 30 round rifle mag when seen in game) are magazine, not blet fed. the m60's belt box is on the left, not underneath.

but THANK YOU for providing pics.

look at the angle the stock takes after the 'bumb' i'm assuming is the iron sights. that could help identify.

edit: got a pic of a belt fed hk21: http://www.rdts.com/Photos/HK21Black_re ... und8x6.jpg

looks like the gun in the video, but i swear i've read the hk21 in multiplayer has a 30 round rifle mag, not a belt....... edit: takes both.

I was about to post the same thing, the shape of it, especially the stock and iron sights look pretty close to the hk21!

Maybe extended magazine is an LMG attachment as already stated, it would make sense :)