Killstreak Format

joecapps1127

Here me out on this...

My friend and I who play Xbox everyday together were talking decided that Modern Warfare 2 is extremely annoying because of the unbalanced killstreaks. We have both tried barebones, and although it is better, we still want SOME killstreaks.

We thought it would be a great idea to have a certain game mode where the killstreaks were based on the killstreaks in COD 4 (a.k.a. arguably the best 1st person shooter to date). It was so simple with 3, 5 and 7 killstreaks and they were VERY balanced because everybody has the same killstreaks and they are by no stretch overpowering.

What do you guys think? Vote in the poll and give your reasoning below

P.S. I will be fair and not vote to see what everybody else's opinions are

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think no killstreaks would be good, but also a bit boring as well. Can you imagine all the camping with no UAV? So yes there should be killstreaks, but make sure that you can't go from 11 kills to 25 kills in like 60 seconds. *cough* MW2 *cough*.

I play barebones about half the time I am on mw2 and I can safely say that it is not boring, hardly any "camping" going on, full of action.

I guess the discussion can be looked at from both sides.

will people "camp" because of no uav? in reality, people who camp often are going to camp no matter what the condition.

will people move around more because of no kill streak rewards? I tend to think this is what happens more often than not, and in fact this is what I see most often.

I think people will move around more because of two reasons:

1. you no longer have to worry about airsupport crushing your team so you no longer have to wait or hide until it leaves(especially true for those who don't have cold blooded and stingers unlocked)

2. since you can no longer get airsupport by hiding and trying to ambush people, then you no longer have an incentive to behave this way and boredom would set in just waiting in a corner.

I can honestly say, in regular core mode, I tend to play more defensively, while in barebones I'll play a good bit more aggresively

now as far as what format should be for core mode, I like the idea of customizable kill streak rewards, and prefer the idea of kills from killstreaks NOT counting towards your next kill streak reward. I think you should be rewarded for something that you do, not something that the game does for you.