Is black ops the last Call of Duty?

In my opinion Inifinity Ward will make more CoD games and people will buy them. Why? Because the games bear the title "Call of Duty". Most gamers do not even know the developers that make the games they play so I doubt they know that most of IW's crucial staff left the company. So then after IW's new call of duty comes out to much fanfare and sucess (it will not be a good game by the way) Respawn entertainment (founded by the former infinity ward heads) will release their original IP and it will pass under the radar even though it is an excellent game in its own right. Now if the game industry was like the movie industry, people would occasionally buy games based on their developer as well as brand name. But, its not like the movie industry so...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, I hate Infinity because they never listen to their community. Treyarch does, and that's why I love them with a passion.

Oh yeah and..........Zombies owned Spec Ops so....

no infinity ward did less to the community they just added alot of stupid ideas like akimbo

How did they listen to the community again? Commando, OMA, Marathon...

We asked for new ways to use guns, we got akimbo. We ASKED for more perks, we ASKED to change Extreme conditioning. All of the perks they added are FINE. Just abused, with some tweaks they'd be better. OMA is a good idea, and when it's used without toobs the way it was intended it's a good perk, I've gotten three nukes OMA sniping. If commando had a shorter distance, it'd be better, and honestly? Nothing wrong with marathon? when it's Marathon Lightweight Commando yeah, but by itself, its good.

The reality of it all is, every game is going to have problems, communitys are so diverse in what they wanna see. I will personally guarantee you that there will be a gun everybody Says is Overpowered, but they'll still use it. I guarantee you there will be a Killstreak that everyone says is lame or too powerful or lasts too long. Dev's can't make everybody happy, but they TRY. If you step back and look at MW2's core, it's a good game, problems yes, but i still enjoy playing it.

Okay guys, heres a little tip if you aren't 100% sure about something, and you wouldn't be able to provide a source for what your saying, dont post it. Zeighail did a nice job clearing up some of the things you guys got wrong, but there are many more things.

Heres exactly how the IW-Activision fiasco went down. So, MW2 comes out. Breaks the record for biggest entertainment release of all time. Activision said they would pay IW employees bonuses for making such a successful game. They didn't cough up the bonuses a couple of months after release. Vince Zampella & Jason West get fired. Now the story plits up into two ways, Vince & Jasons story, and Activisions story.

-Activisons story: Vince and Jason were purposely trying to sabotage the production of modern warfare 3. Activison believes they were doing this because they didn't want MW3 to be released, so they could go to a different publisher so that they can form a new company then make MW3 with them.

-Vince and Jasons story: Activison fired them because they didn't want to pay them bonuses considering that they would be the two that get the most money, since they are the founders.

But them after that more then 30 employees, most of them being senior employees left. About a week after the firings Jason & Vince formed "Respawn Entertainment" with EA. So far they have hired about 15 Ex IW employees. There will be a Trial on May 23rd 2011 between Vince & Jason and Activison over the title of "Modern Warfare." If Vince and Jason win, they are likely to continue to make modern warfare games. If Activision wins they are just going to keep making IW make Modern Warfare games. V&J (Im just going to abbreviate it because i dont feel like typing out vince & jason 100 times.) are also suing for millions of dollars, because of the unpaid bonuses. Another thing to note is that A group of around 35 current and Ex infinity ward employees are suing activison for the unpaid royalties. They say that activison isen't paying them there bonuses because they want them to stick around so that they have to make modern warfare 3. Because if an employee leaves he/she wont be able to get there bonuses. They are also saying that Activison promised IW that IW would be able to make whatever game they want after MW2, but activison forced them to start to work on MW3.

Alright now that all of that is over let me explain what each studio is working on.

Treyarch- Black Ops.

IW- Modern Warfare 3. Its unknown if it will be released in 2011.

Sledgehammer Games-Unknown. There were rumors that they are working on future warfare, but its still largely unconfirmed. I personally think they are working on a modern pay-to-play fps xbox exclusive. But thats still, very unconfirmed. They could just be a 3rd studio in the series so that each studio now has 3 years to develop and publish a game.

Now let me clear up some things that you guys said.

Well in one way you are right Infinity ward have gone pretty much bust BUT They are now called Sledgehammer and they are making the CoD tie in after BO. Most people don't know that so pressume its a different comapny, And Activision will squeeze as much as possible out of CoD thats bassiclly what they do, And yes mw2 was a muck up but remember it was by a different company so fingers crossed BO will give us what we want and mw3 will actually be good, Oh and BTW Sledghammer (IW) No longer own the rights to CoD but still own the rights to Modern Warfare so when we talk about the next CoD by IW better be good, They should say the next MW game.

No no no. Sledgehammer is not IW, IW is not sledgehammer. Nuf said.

Sledgehammer is under Activision. Activision still owns the rights to Call Of Duty. Jason West and Vince Zampella (Respawn Entertainment, EA) own the rights to "Modern Warfare" so they can continue to create Modern Warfare games, but not with the Call Of Duty title. The game Sledgehammer is producing is an Action-Adventure. Which is a whole new path for Call Of Duty.

No, Vince and Jason and Respawn entertainment, and EA. Do not own the rights to MW. When we have the trail, if V&J win they will get the rights to MW. But right now, Activison and IW own it.

And I thought IW was money hungry...i mean come on, SLEDGEHAMMER? THEY SUCK!!! Treyarch FTW

IW isn't money hungry, Activison is. Activison prices, advertises, and distributes all things call of duty. All IW does is make the stuff. You can't judge sledgehammer when they haven't even announced there first title yet.

Pretty sure Sledgehammer were said to be making an MMO, might have just been a rumour though.

Nope, they have said they are making a "Call of duty FPS"

I thought SledgeHammer made non-shooters. And yes IW IS near their Dying Breath, mark my words >:)

How would you know what they "Made" when they haven't made any game yet? I don't know how you would know if IW is near their dying breath when you know just as much as the next person about whats going on. Scratch that, less then the next person about whats going on.

They lost their senior head guys, and do you really think non-fanboys will buy another CoD by IW? No. And...thats their major title.

MW2 Brought so many new casual gamers to call of duty. If they see an ad for MW3, or hear about MW3 they are very likely to buy it. People don't realise that Modern warfare 2 is still very well received by everyone except for hardcore call of duty players. All those new players still love MW2.

guys didnt you know, WHY IW were in this trouble, ACITIVION WERE BLACK MAILING THEM THE MONEY THEY MADE, TO MAKE MW3, it was in post production and activison wouldnt had over there share of the mw2 profits untill they made mw3, the dlc was just maps left over that were never finsihed, thats whythere was so many glitches

sorry about the rant but i had to let it out

Im not even going to correct you about the black mailing part, cause i dont know where to begin. But with the maps, IW has many map designers that are just constantly designing maps. They don't know which call of duty they are going to be in, they dont know if they are going to be on the disc or DLC. They just design them (Besides the campaign maps.) And how were there so many glitches on the DLC maps? The only one i can think of is the Fuel rock glitch.

I believe Treyarch and Activision have already called "dibs" (or whatever the technical term is)for a few website domains,including call of duty: future warfare

Thats just a rumor. And it wouldn't be Tryarch that buys the domains, it would be Activison. So if activison bought it, it could be for any of the 3 cod developers. But when you consider that IW is working on MW3, TA is working on BO, that leaves us with one option. Unless if activison is just buying it for future IW projects just in case. But again, just a rumor.

Alright, thats it. Hopefully that cleared up some of the questions you guys had. Sorry if i sounded like some D bag that know everything.

Okay guys, heres a little tip if you aren't 100% sure about something, and you wouldn't be able to provide a source for what your saying, dont post it. Zeighail did a nice job clearing up some of the things you guys got wrong, but there are many more things.

Heres exactly how the IW-Activision fiasco went down. So, MW2 comes out. Breaks the record for biggest entertainment release of all time. Activision said they would pay IW employees bonuses for making such a successful game. They didn't cough up the bonuses a couple of months after release. Vince Zampella & Jason West get fired. Now the story plits up into two ways, Vince & Jasons story, and Activisions story.

-Activisons story: Vince and Jason were purposely trying to sabotage the production of modern warfare 3. Activison believes they were doing this because they didn't want MW3 to be released, so they could go to a different publisher so that they can form a new company then make MW3 with them.

-Vince and Jasons story: Activison fired them because they didn't want to pay them bonuses considering that they would be the two that get the most money, since they are the founders.

But them after that more then 30 employees, most of them being senior employees left. About a week after the firings Jason & Vince formed "Respawn Entertainment" with EA. So far they have hired about 15 Ex IW employees. There will be a Trial on May 23rd 2011 between Vince & Jason and Activison over the title of "Modern Warfare." If Vince and Jason win, they are likely to continue to make modern warfare games. If Activision wins they are just going to keep making IW make Modern Warfare games. V&J (Im just going to abbreviate it because i dont feel like typing out vince & jason 100 times.) are also suing for millions of dollars, because of the unpaid bonuses. Another thing to note is that A group of around 35 current and Ex infinity ward employees are suing activison for the unpaid royalties. They say that activison isen't paying them there bonuses because they want them to stick around so that they have to make modern warfare 3. Because if an employee leaves he/she wont be able to get there bonuses. They are also saying that Activison promised IW that IW would be able to make whatever game they want after MW2, but activison forced them to start to work on MW3.

Alright now that all of that is over let me explain what each studio is working on.

Treyarch- Black Ops.

IW- Modern Warfare 3. Its unknown if it will be released in 2011.

Sledgehammer Games-Unknown. There were rumors that they are working on future warfare, but its still largely unconfirmed. I personally think they are working on a modern pay-to-play fps xbox exclusive. But thats still, very unconfirmed. They could just be a 3rd studio in the series so that each studio now has 3 years to develop and publish a game.

Now let me clear up some things that you guys said.

Well in one way you are right Infinity ward have gone pretty much bust BUT They are now called Sledgehammer and they are making the CoD tie in after BO. Most people don't know that so pressume its a different comapny, And Activision will squeeze as much as possible out of CoD thats bassiclly what they do, And yes mw2 was a muck up but remember it was by a different company so fingers crossed BO will give us what we want and mw3 will actually be good, Oh and BTW Sledghammer (IW) No longer own the rights to CoD but still own the rights to Modern Warfare so when we talk about the next CoD by IW better be good, They should say the next MW game.

No no no. Sledgehammer is not IW, IW is not sledgehammer. Nuf said.

Sledgehammer is under Activision. Activision still owns the rights to Call Of Duty. Jason West and Vince Zampella (Respawn Entertainment, EA) own the rights to "Modern Warfare" so they can continue to create Modern Warfare games, but not with the Call Of Duty title. The game Sledgehammer is producing is an Action-Adventure. Which is a whole new path for Call Of Duty.

No, Vince and Jason and Respawn entertainment, and EA. Do not own the rights to MW. When we have the trail, if V&J win they will get the rights to MW. But right now, Activison and IW own it.

And I thought IW was money hungry...i mean come on, SLEDGEHAMMER? THEY SUCK!!! Treyarch FTW

IW isn't money hungry, Activison is. Activison prices, advertises, and distributes all things call of duty. All IW does is make the stuff. You can't judge sledgehammer when they haven't even announced there first title yet.

Pretty sure Sledgehammer were said to be making an MMO, might have just been a rumour though.

Nope, they have said they are making a "Call of duty FPS"

I thought SledgeHammer made non-shooters. And yes IW IS near their Dying Breath, mark my words >:)

How would you know what they "Made" when they haven't made any game yet? I don't know how you would know if IW is near their dying breath when you know just as much as the next person about whats going on. Scratch that, less then the next person about whats going on.

They lost their senior head guys, and do you really think non-fanboys will buy another CoD by IW? No. And...thats their major title.

MW2 Brought so many new casual gamers to call of duty. If they see an ad for MW3, or hear about MW3 they are very likely to buy it. People don't realise that Modern warfare 2 is still very well received by everyone except for hardcore call of duty players. All those new players still love MW2.

guys didnt you know, WHY IW were in this trouble, ACITIVION WERE BLACK MAILING THEM THE MONEY THEY MADE, TO MAKE MW3, it was in post production and activison wouldnt had over there share of the mw2 profits untill they made mw3, the dlc was just maps left over that were never finsihed, thats whythere was so many glitches

sorry about the rant but i had to let it out

Im not even going to correct you about the black mailing part, cause i dont know where to begin. But with the maps, IW has many map designers that are just constantly designing maps. They don't know which call of duty they are going to be in, they dont know if they are going to be on the disc or DLC. They just design them (Besides the campaign maps.) And how were there so many glitches on the DLC maps? The only one i can think of is the Fuel rock glitch.

I believe Treyarch and Activision have already called "dibs" (or whatever the technical term is)for a few website domains,including call of duty: future warfare

Thats just a rumor. And it wouldn't be Tryarch that buys the domains, it would be Activison. So if activison bought it, it could be for any of the 3 cod developers. But when you consider that IW is working on MW3, TA is working on BO, that leaves us with one option. Unless if activison is just buying it for future IW projects just in case. But again, just a rumor.

Alright, thats it. Hopefully that cleared up some of the questions you guys had. Sorry if i sounded like some D bag that know everything.

Lol just got pwned!! :lol: