Tattoo247

There was a thought I had the other day, it just occurred to me again so I wanted to write it down before I forget it again.

First, why is there no Nuketown Zombies section? Or am I missing it?

Now, the explosion in Nuketown zombies is never ending, it just keeps going and going. Does this sound like an explosion to you? Because I'm sure even a nuke dissolves after a while, the more I thought about that, there were two things that stuck in my head.

The first, and I guess more plausible idea is that, it's just a really cool animation and they kept it going just for cosmetic effect, a great job of smoke and fire and before Origins, was my favorite thing in zombies to just stare at. It's very possible that they just intended to explain that the Hazmat, or the CIA agents don't survive long enough to see the dissipation of the mushroom cloud, basically the Moon rockets reach earth before the nuke has finished it's destruction.

But how can someone survive so close to an ongoing explosion of radioactive and extremely hot material? There would be no breathable air, any skin on contact would burn and react to whatever chemicals go into a nuke. Again I could be taking everything too literal but if I had to find an explanation it would be: The Hazmat team shows up first, for whatever purpose and dies from the zombies, this is why we see Hazmat zombies. Much after, the CIA,or what's left of the CIA, are sent, for whatever purpose and it's there that they find the soldiers of BO1 and the Hazmats all turned to zombies, fending them off but ultimately dying either from the undead, or the rockets from Moon.

Now the not so practical....

What if, the drilling of 115 at Nevada was a success? And the "explosion" we see is actually an eruption from earths core?

It just never ends, constantly climbing to the top of the cloud, there seems to be an endless force pushing all this 115 infused lava and debris to the sky.

My explanation in the shortest possible way I can type it is, after the events of BO1 Nuketown Multiplayer game, fallen soldiers remained on the battle field, either buried, or just left out depending on when exactly the nuke goes off. Just for game purposes I'll say the Nuke goes off the second after the battle has ended. This could have disrupted a pocket of 115 under the earths crust, reanimating the fallen soldiers, or what was left of them.

With a wide spread zombie outbreak, it should have been common knowledge, at least to the United States Government, that this was a result of 115 exposure, thus plans for drilling began. I can't say for sure if the drilling was a success in terms of retrieving any of the element, the fact that there is no sign of the drill itself may give us the clue that it was indeed successful.

Whether it was a success, or if the drill was destroyed once it hit the pocket of the element doesn't really matter. They drilled into the earth and now have created an unstable hole, weakening that very small portion of Earth. The thing is, shortly after creating this massive hole, a 115 infused missile crashes, destroying almost everything on Earth.

Where these missiles predestined in their route to Earth? Why was Nuketown chosen? My bets on the pocket of 115, it was Maxis attempt to possibly disrupt specific regions that held the most divinium. One last thing, in Black Ops 2 I believe (or maybe Moon) he admits to blowing up the Earth for a greater good, but the best part about this quote is he also admits that he causes a lot more damage than what was planned, could that been a result of the USA drilling far into the earth either moments, or days before a missile from space hits in almost the same spot?

Far fetched as most of my theories are, just wanted to get it out there and hope it gets your gears turning.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if I misunderstand you, but why can't a futuristic nuclear drill just have a continuous atomic explosion and thus mushroom cloud? Nukes last for mere hours, yes. But a nuclear drill, why can that not just last as long as it is active?

As for why Nuketown, I believe your guess is as good as any. We will never know for sure, but that explanation makes sense.

As for Maxis, he was lying. I like Maxis, don't get me wrong. Richtofen lied a lot more than he. But this, Maxis was lying around healing the Earth. When he said he'd minimize damage, he was being honest though. He would end Richtofen's torture with death. Put us out of our misery. (And him in control to find his daughter.) People toss around the term "endgame". But Maxis really… his plans were the Ultimate Plan and Plan B. The Ultimate Plan was his Der Riese days with a good conscience. His Plan B is the contorted and twisted thing we ended up with throughout Black Ops II.

So your idea is that, the drill is still active, but we can't see it because of the smoke protruding from Earth? It would explain where the perks are coming from, I guess, of course that just raises more unanswered questions as to why they needed the perks up there to begin with. Thanks for replying anyway was starting to think I wasted my time haha.