Anyone else noticed the screen on the weapons tab on zombies?

CapnTeej

So on the weapons tab when you're in the zombies menu there's a screen:

image.png

Which is the map of post-WWII divided Berlin:

Image result for germany split after ww2

I know the connections between the Soviets, the Nazi experiments etc. in the storyline so far but Firebase Z is based in Vietnam, Die Maschine is based in Poland... So why would we have this particular image on the screen do people think? Been wondering this for a while since i first noticed it.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
12 hours ago, Humphrey said:

One of the Season 2 (Accidentally added early) intel for Firebase Z actually talks about an outbreak either in West Berlin or East Berlin, so it'll have some vital importance probably within either Season 3's map (technically DLC2) or Season 4 (DLC3)

Would you mind quoting that intel? Im quite interested in that

20 hours ago, Humphrey said:

One of the Season 2 (Accidentally added early) intel for Firebase Z actually talks about an outbreak either in West Berlin or East Berlin, so it'll have some vital importance probably within either Season 3's map (technically DLC2) or Season 4 (DLC3)

Ah cool, I hadn't caught that, good to know.

I've compared the blinking red light to the map of Berlin, hard to tell if there was anything particular there during the Soviet era from a cursory search but seems to point to somewhere near the area of the velodrome, which used to be Werner-Seelenbinder-Halle (opened in the 1950's in Soviet-era East Berlin and closed in 1993). Couldn't confirm it's exactly there though, but looks nearby at least.

Archived