Hello zombieciders! I'm going to slowly add some retro stuff here for this old game, some tricks, some ideas, some "moar" stuff. I want to get it right so I won't rush it, so check back for updates.

#######

Infinite Booze on round 1 (with Paralyzer): Get all perks and draw all chalk outlines. 1 hour round 1.

Start map, get to 900+ points, drop down to Quick Revive, draw chalk gun for 1000, get to ?Box with 1900+ points. Hit box twice, if not Paralyzer, restart until you get it.

If you're online, after a few restarts you'll get the bear on the box and Paralyzer should show up after not too many restarts. But if you're completely offline (no internet), then this is going to be quite rare for you to see the Paralyzer.

With Paralyzer in inventory, keep 1 or 2 slow zombies and walk them away from the Jail.

Run back to Jail, grab the key, open the cell. Grab the Booze and give it to the Big Guy. Immediately start shooting him with the Paralyzer (tap fire to not overheat it). You must stop him from moving and breaking the Jail barrier. He will still make the bonk sound and react as if he hit the barrier, you can stop shooting then.

Now, leave before the zombies show up.

As long as the Jail barrier remains intact, Booze will keep spawning at the Jail or the Saloon, and Candy will not spawn. Open Saloon. Break every single barrier (Jail last) in the map (and smash the fountain) for fat cash, then you can draw all of the chalks for fatter cash. Get GalvaKnuckles, Juggernogg, et cetera. Remember; the further he runs to hit a barrier, the more points you'll get.

Once the Jail barrier is broken, Candy will spawn in the candy shop once per round or can be bought for 1000.

Note that you can enter the ground floor window of the Jail room by standing in front of it and shooting the ground with Paralyzer to fly up slightly and slip in the window (during the time that the Jail barrier is still in place).

#######

NDU Buried + Pit Maps: NDU style is playing without perks (like NDU: Nacht Der Untoten from WaW, the first Nazi Zombies map), and "pit maps" are sections of the map to trap yourself in without buying doors as a challenge or for short gameplay, like "start room challenge" basically.

NDU style in Buried simply means that you leave the Big Guy locked up. If you break no barriers, you can't access most perks, nor the PaP machine. No free perks from witches neither.

Note that you can buy Quick Revive solo and if you get the Paralyzer, you can levitate back up for a second or third QR. With power on, you could buy it in an MP match this way, Speed Cola and Mule Kick are available with power on also.

Pit Map 1 Start Room: Don't drop down. Olympia and M14 in map.

Pit Map 2 QR: Drop down. Stay on Quick Revive level. Shotgun wallbuy and Quick Revive if solo. 

Pit Map 3 Box: Drop to bottom level. You have the box and the B23R pistol. No Big Guy allowed.

Pit Map 4 Fountain: Get to box, get 2 weapons. Open Hardware store (where all of the parts are) and go up and drop off by the Candy Store in the fountain area in front of the witch house.

#######

Buildables with no credited kills:

Kill no zombies with gun nor knife. Fix 4 window boards at start, drop down to shotgun chalk and draw it. Drop to box level. 

You could hit box for Paralyzer and do infinite booze here, which will make everything super easy. Restart until set. Make Buildables, hide in dead end hallway of Saloon and get uncredited Buildables kills for as long as possible.

Without Paralyzer:  For the easy access way you need 2000 points to open the 1250 Sloon door and the 750 barrier inside the Saloon. The starting 500 + 40 (window boards) + Chalk 1000 + Big Guy breaking barrier (200), leaves you a little shy of 2000. So line up all zombies, fire into their legs for points, run to the other end of their line and do it again, shoot a couple of middle zombies in the line until you hit 2000 points without killing any zombies. 

Alternately you can take the tunnel from the Barn (under Quick Revive) around to the upper floor of the Saloon to avoid buying one of the doors/barriers.

Go up Saloon to the roof, jump to building with chalks which is not always cooperative, get chalk and draw it for points on a ? symbol.

Open a Hardware Store door, get a Trample Steam part, put it on the table near the ?Box, up the steps. Go through Saloon, jump to Candy Store, activate power and grab Candy. Have Big Guy finish the Buildable (give him candy by it), build the Sonic Cannon in the Saloon (because it breaks most often).

Grab and draw as many chalk as you can.

Place the Trample Steam in the dead end hall and let it finish the round. New round, grab and use Booze for money. As the rounds progress, build other buildables and purchase Juggernog from Booze/barrier points, use Candy if desired. Fix windows for points as applicable.

Eventually camping the dead end with the Head Chopper on wall opposite opening by window, then Trample Steam, then the Sonic Cannon, then set the Turbine (for Cannon) as needed.

I hit 32 on my first attempt and had zero kills on the leaderboard.

#######

Time Bomb and Tricks: The TB resets everything back to when you placed it. Everything is back at that point, the only exceptions are 'credited kills' remain on the leaderboards (Set TB, kill 2,000 zombies, trigger TB, you still have those kills) and any doors that are opened and any 'drops' that are on the ground as you trigger the TB (Z$, x2, perk bottles, et cetera). Make sure that you'll be able to get those drops because your location will reset.

Normal Use: Push dpad down (I don't know pc keys) to take it out. Left Trigger sets it down, then Right Trigger will bring you back to this exact moment (usually pulled out and used later). The normal use is to set it just after a max ammo, while in control of the game, so if anything goes bad, just reset to that point. Each Max Ammo will give a new TB, throw it down and it deletes the previously set TB (so you move your reset point forward in time).

-------

TB Bank Trick for Points: Requires GalvaKnuckles, lots of points already in bank, TB. (Big Guy or friend can babysit, or run away from crawler).

In Bank, punch the keys by the tunnel with GalvaKnuckles. Set TB. Take about 60,000 or so from Bank, hit X/O (action button) by keys to create a large Z$ drop. Activate TB and the money is back in the Bank, yet the Z$ still exists, grab it. If your account was full, you can even check it to be sure that it's still full. 

Note that the Z$ will flash and go away eventually, so you're limited to about 60k by time, give or take.

#######

Bank Max Ammo (and infinite witch perks with TB below): This should net you a Max Ammo for roughly 6000 points or less (depending on how many times you repeat this, it cycles through the available drops, including Carpenter if the box moved).

Requires Paralyzer/(Petrifier), GK punch, Big Guy, Candy. Babysitter helps, but can be done with a crawler on solo, but the Big Guy might pick up the crawler, which you do not want, so try to drag the crawler away and punch Big Guy to get him to follow you quickly.

Open Steps by Candy Store to Bank, open the Candy Store door across from these steps.

The process: Punch the Bank keys with GalvaKnuckles (if not already punched). Here's the loop: Create 1000 point Z$ (costs 1100), *give BG Candy when he is next to the Z$ (he'll change it to a regular drop), immediately fly up and out (Paralyzer), run into Candy Store and buy Candy (1000), run back up Bank steps and drop in. See what he made the Z$ into, if not Max Ammo, go to *. Repeat until Max Ammo.

Note that if you wait to see what he makes, you will not get to the Candy Store and back in time (you'll need to give another 1100 for a new Z$), so just give him Candy and run for more Candy and back, then look at what he made. This will also keep him from moving too far off.

Time Bomb (max 7) Witch Perks: Note that this will allow you to get all Perks free from your first set of witches, if you have the Time Bomb and someone babysits the witches. Create a Max Ammo this way, drop TB, Babysitter kills witches but ignores bottle, activate TB (perk bottle and Max Ammo remain). Grab Perk bottle, grab Max Ammo. Babysitter babysits while you create new Max Ammo this way, then repeat. This is silly, but perfectly doable to get all perks.

#######

Some Big Guy cheats:

(Thanks to Richkiller): As Big Guy goes to pick up a crawler (because you gave him Candy by the crawler), shoot BG, he drops the Crawler who is glitched into the ground. RK suggests this for the last step of the Easter Egg to keep him out of the way.

-------

Which reminded me of;

Glitched Permanent Drop: Get a drop, give Candy to Big Guy to alter the drop, but shoot him as he starts to do so. This should glitch the drop so that it remains until you pick it up. It won't time out.

#######

Get rid of Big Guy: You can shoot him and he'll hide in his cell until you have Candy/Booze (or Time Bomb into previous time). If someone gets into his cell first, he won't lock the door.

#######

Speed Load Courthouse Camp: Leave the main doors (ground floor) closed. Use Tramplesteam to fling over the box to Speed Cola, or open the tunnel from Quick Revive to the Courthouse.

In the courthouse: Upstairs near the lone zombie window is a break in the banister where zombies drop down to the first floor. Set a Head Chopper on the railing on the side away from the window to get the few zombies that walk past the drop down spot.

Camp: Camp near the bottom of the steps, but forward so you can shoot where the zombies come through the small opening in the downstairs banister. Load the area by the main doors with claymores. This is good until the 30s, then open the main doors when it starts loading too many too fast. At this point, loop the map and camp at the steps again, or switch to your favorite latter game strategy.

Happy Gaming!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few takes: 

-Since you have the bank system and also can easily duplicate money using time bomb and who's who, then practically you can get anything you want on the first round.

-Even if you're not using the bank, Buried has in-game systems such as the chalk and Leroy/Arthur to get money easily. It's simple to the point you can actually pack a punch a weapon on round 1 and there's an achievement for doing so. 

- Overall Buried is one of the fastest maps to unlock and gain whatever setup you want, don't need much of a strategy. It's the main thing that turns me off this map.

- The main savior for this map is the Easter egg. Sadly it requires four players but you can carry lots of steps without four players, at least on Richtofen's side, which has been the main side I was going for back then. Regardless of all of that, I find Buried as one of the great peaks of the "old" map styles (and I think this highlights how much better the style has become ever since Mob and Origins). 

Hey Richkiller, I was adding the bank unlimited points trick, Max Ammo trick, and infinite (well, max 7) perks from witches as you posted.

I'm trying to get scattered ideas into one clearer post with tags on it for searchers.

This map is so crazy easy, I'd put it second to WaW's Shi No Numa where anyone could break 100 with ease running Comm Room.

Have fun!

2 minutes ago, 83457 said:

Hey Richkiller, I was adding the bank unliminted points trick, Max Ammo trick, and infinite (well, max 7) perks from witches as you posted.

I'm trying to get scattered ideas into one clearer post with tags on it for searchers.

This map is so crazy easy, I'd put it second to WaW's Shi No Numa where anyone could break 100 with ease running Comm Room.

Have fun!

There's also this super useful glitch to get a last zombie saved:

You make Leroy/Arthur catch a crawler, and while he's catching it you shoot Leroy/Arthur. This makes Leroy/Arthur drop the zombie and go to his cell, while the zombie is glitched and stuck in the ground, having his head above the surface. This way Leroy/Arthur doesn't follow you with the last zombie, and you can pass to the next round by shooting the zombie (never happened to me but in case something goes wrong with the zombie you can always create a nuke drop using the bank system). 
This glitch is really helpful in the last step of the EE since both Leroy and the zombies don't bother you. 

21 minutes ago, RichKiller said:

There's also this super useful glitch to get a last zombie saved:

You make Leroy/Arthur catch a crawler, and while he's catching it you shoot Leroy/Arthur. This makes Leroy/Arthur drop the zombie and go to his cell, while the zombie is glitched and stuck in the ground, having his head above the surface. This way Leroy/Arthur doesn't follow you with the last zombie, and you can pass to the next round by shooting the zombie (never happened to me but in case something goes wrong with the zombie you can always create a nuke drop using the bank system). 
This glitch is really helpful in the last step of the EE since both Leroy and the zombies don't bother you. 

That's new to me, thank you for that.

Edit: Added it and you reminded me of the permanent drops glitch, which is almost the same.

Archived