The Wallwritings of Kino der Toten

anonymous

• Moderators

Thanks to @RadZakpak's recent post I was being reminded to the mysterious Wallwritings in Black Ops I's first zombie map, Kino der Toten. The meaning of each of them is rather...symbolical, and hard to tell. Every player might have it's own thoughts about them. But I have tried to write down some straight facts, among with my own thoughts, trying to decipher those messages left behind on the walls of this damned theatre. Shout out to @PINNAZ's Zombies Library, once again a usefull tool for threads like this.

BEWARE OF THE 6!

Bewareofthe6_zps2a71efc3.png

Beware for what? What is meant with six? It might have been a reference to Nova-6, a biochemical weapon initially produced by doctor Friedrich Steiner in the final years of the Second World War. The original Nova 6 test site was located in Poland, possibly in Lower Silesia: the area where Group 935's 'Der Riese Waffenfabrik' was located as well. There is proof that Group 935 cooperated with Steiner's work, or at least took advantage of it, as the sciencific group had done experiments containing both Element 115 and Nova-6, genetically creating our stinky enemy, the Nova-6 Crawlers. These creatures appeared for the first time in Kino der Toten, as the Kino Facility might have been the (main) testing ground for these experiments. The sentence "Beware of the 6" would be a fitting one, indeed. What is interesting to note as well is the writing on a paper that can be found in Kino der Toten.

We have listed both Tabun and Sarin. Be wary of the Doctor. His involvement should be minimized if you want to make it out alive. We are not sure on how he achieved this time and place. Do what you must...

This message is a note from the Illuminati to FS ER (Faithfull Servant Edward Richthofen). Tabun and Sarin are both nerve agents used as chemical weapons, and might be tied to the Nova-6 gas. I'm not diving too deep in this, but what is interesting is that the Illuminati writes that one should be wary of the Doctor, and they wonder how he got in this time and place. This must be Richthofen as well, right? Are there two of them, or is ER possibly another Illuminati member that was infiltrated in this Group 935 facility? Wacky stuff.

There are more interpretations of this wallwriting, however. There are theories that the 'Six' refers to the sixth dimension, as the souls of the characters are stuck in time (think of the Der Riese clock). Six could also refer to Fluffy being testsubject number 6, and Hellhounds spawning around round 6. There are also a bunch of items around the map that can be counted six times: 6 generators in the generator room, 6 interactable fuseboxes (Remember Nikolai's quote: "I think we should find the fuseboxes") and six out of bounds blank portraits.

BRIMSTONE TO DAMNATION

BrimstonetoDamnation_zps32549594.png

Fire and Brimstone is an expression of God's wrath in the Bible. In Genesis 19, God destroys the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah with a rain of fire and brimstone (meteorites??). The term is also used sometimes to describe a Christian preaching that uses vivid descriptions of judgment and eternal damnation to encourage repentance. Could these "Hellish" and "eternal damned" words refer to the forces of the Dark Aether?

Brimstone is also another name for Element 16: Sulfur. Interesting enough, sulfur is one of the three compartiments that were used to create Nova-6. 

AETHER PROJECTIONIST

AetherProjectionist_zpsbb27b253.png

Well okay, admitted, exactly 'Aether projectionist' it doesn't say. The first word, Aether, is written in Illuminati language, meaning that the Illuminati had something to do with  this. A projectionist is a person who operates a movie projector. Seems like this writing is really tied with it's location. Now I'm gonna quote something from a prior thread.

It has all to do with mind control through radio frequencies in the Aether. By manipulating the Aether around us, you can manipulate the people. Both the Cold War superpowers, the Soviet Union and the United States, were building facilities of which is believed (by some conspiracy theorists) to control our minds by manipulating the Aether: the DUGA and the HAARP. They might've even be capable of doing this by hiring former Group 601 scientists, similar to what they did with Group 935. The Illuminati could be possibly behind this. The Illuminati could be infiltrated in the American and Soviet government. It could be because of this that you see Illuminati symbols on TV screens in the Pentagon and the Cosmodrome.

World domination. Enslaving of the human race. Also, here is a quote of Richthofen upon entering the theatre:

"Those seats, that screen, they wanted to implant the mind with instructions!"

Next to the wallwriting, there can be seen Illuminati symbols on a variety of locations in the map. Why were they so involved in the Kino facility?

KNOWLEDGE ITSELF IS THE FOR TAKING

Knowledgeitselfisforthetaking_zps192fd43

This sentence can be interprented very broad, but it immediately reminds me of the Kronorium. During the final chapters of the Aether story, 'Knowledge' was basically a synonyme for that book. I have no idea why it would have ties with Kino der Toten, however, so there might have been hinted to something else here. What knowledge? Can it refer to the brain/mind studies done here, as I talked about previous Wallwriting. The experiments in Kino der Toten were pretty revolutionary concerning this topic.

Samantha Emilia Abigail JD

Samanthaemiliaabigail_zps82da90da.png

We all know this one. Is it Samantha's full name? The heart right of it could also hint it are three friends. What strikes me is the name Abigail. Not only is it the first name of Misty, it is a real English name as well. Maybe Abigail was the daughter of another English scientist working for Group 935 at the Kino facility. Samantha, Emilia and Abigail were all girls 'abandoned' by their fathers, playing in their working area, possibly naughtily written their names with chalk somewhere on the wall. Who or what JD stands for, I wouldn't know.

Diving in the old stuff is really fun...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
3 hours ago, anonymous said:

Samantha Emilia Abigail JD

Samanthaemiliaabigail_zps82da90da.png

We all know this one. Is it Samantha's full name? The heart right of it could also hint it are three friends. What strikes me is the name Abigail. Not only is it the first name of Misty, it is a real English name as well. Maybe Abigail was the daughter of another English scientist working for Group 935 at the Kino facility. Samantha, Emilia and Abigail were all girls 'abandoned' by their fathers, playing in their working area, possibly naughtily written their names with chalk somewhere on the wall. Who or what JD stands for, I wouldn't know.

Lot's of great stuff here, and I am glad you made this thread.

Something I immediately thought of regarding this Samantha writing is that Samantha should have never been at the Kino facility. According to the timeline, it was established on August 1st, 1940. On December 20th, 1942, "Accompanied by Sophia, Maxis is transferred to the Kino facility to focus on creating Germany's undead army. Samantha is left in Richtofen's care." Then, on September 24th, 1945 "Maxis returns to Der Riese. He orders Richtofen to do likewise so they may continue their work on the Matter Transference Device." Then September 27th, 1945 "Richtofen returns to Der Riese with Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo, and Samantha."

This means that Samantha was with Richtofen for nearly three years, and it is unlikely she ever went to the Kino facility before 1942, as it is meant to be a secret base, never revealed to Richtofen, and a child could not be trusted with that kind of secret, surely? Richtofen never tried to get that information from her in 3 years? And why would she be there before Maxis even transferred there?

Probably not the original intention, but maybe these were the daughters of scientists there, as you mentioned, and this writing was there to torment the scientists by this JD. We have actually seen JD before, as it was written in some places in Der Riese. It is believed this is a reference to JD_2020, the real life community manager for Treyarch from 2008 to 2011, which fits right when these two maps came out. http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Josh_Olin But in-canon, if the rest of these writings are from the Illuminati, then this writing may have perhaps been a threat from JD, a member of the Illuminati, as if stating, "I know about your families, and you will do as I say or they are in danger." It's a pretty far out theory, but interesting nonetheless.

4 hours ago, anonymous said:

This message is a note from the Illuminati to FS ER (Faithfull Servant Edward Richthofen). Tabun and Sarin are both nerve agents used as chemical weapons, and might be tied to the Nova-6 gas. I'm not diving too deep in this, but what is interesting is that the Illuminati writes that one should be wary of the Doctor, and they wonder how he got in this time and place. This must be Richthofen as well, right? Are there two of them, or is ER possibly another Illuminati member that was infiltrated in this Group 935 facility? Wacky stuff.

Do you have a picture of this because this sounds really interesting, and I had no idea about it!

It made me think of Primis Richtofen, but I tried to think when he would appear in the original timeline. Then I remembered the one part of the timeline I don't fully understand that we don't know a lot about:

June 4th, 1943

• Primis arrives from Dimension 63. In an effort to prevent the events that are about to unfold, they formulate a plan to stop this dimension's Richtofen.

June 11th, 1943

• Richtofen is contacted from the House by Maxis, who warns that "The test subjects must never be allowed to be awakened, the havoc that could be wreaked upon the future by such simple-minded individuals would be catastrophic.

July 19th, 1943

• Primis Richtofen is teleported to the House in Agartha, reuniting him with Maxis.

This section of the timeline is the only mention of Primis in the original timeline, before any of the fractures. This means Primis was running around the original timeline for a whole month and we don't know what they were doing. I originally thought this was a setup for The Giant, but that fracture begins in October 1945.

Is it possible the Illuminati warned Ultimis Richtofen about staying away from Primis Richtofen? This is strange, as Ultimis Richtofen was no longer in the Illuminati by 1943. Perhaps they needed to protect him for some other reason. But there's also the fact that Ultimis Richtofen did not know about the Kino facility until he arrived there accidentally. Could this be reversed, and it is a letter to Primis Richtofen about Ultimis Richtofen? Maybe Primis Richtofen was at the Kino facility, and contacted the Illuminati with a deal to kill Ultimis Richtofen for leaving them, using the gases the Illuminati lists? And by not knowing how he got to this time and place, they are referring to Richtofen ending up there in 1963, and somehow they know about time travel?

It hurts my head to think about, but very interesting.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

But in-canon, if the rest of these writings are from the Illuminati, then this writing may have perhaps been a threat from JD, a member of the Illuminati, as if stating, "I know about your families, and you will do as I say or they are in danger." It's a pretty far out theory, but interesting nonetheless.

I like this theory alot. It might be a far out one but it is really original found and I like it alot. Besides that, I cannot think of anything else. So I guess this is one more proof that there was more Illuminati involvement in Group 935, at least after Richthofen's retreat out of the Order. (Kinda fits with the Storybook :P).

BeWaryoftheDoctor_zps7f41a713.png

There are theories about the timetravelling doctor being Yuri, the Pentagon Thief, but I personally think "Beware the Doctor" is a sentence that can only refer to Richthofen. The biography board of the Ultimis characters in CoD: World at War even had a small easter egg in it that, once "deciphered" said: 'Beware of the Doctor", and if I recall correctly, Maxis says it in a radio or cipher (??) once as well. It must be Richthofen.

However, you might notice something strange as well: The date: 23 january, 1975. This is 12 years after Ultimis appearance in Kino der Toten, Ascension and Classified. So this note originates from another date the map takes place in. What's interesting, is the following note that can be found in BO4's Classified:

5lbmhlz2zms11.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

As you might note, this note is alot less detailed than the original note. One major difference: The Illuminati writes "We are aware on how he arrived on this time and place" instead of "We are not sure on how he achieved this time and place". So after Ultimis travelled to the Pentagon, they changed something that made the Illuminati aware of the Doctor's timetravel, and they understood it.

We know Primis Richthofen had contact with the Illuminati, as he ordered them to build a laboratory for him at Alcatraz Island. "Beware of the Doctor" definately sounds more like Ultimis Richthofen to me, so maybe you are right when you say this letter is from the Illuminati to Primis Richthofen about Ultimis Richthofen? Might Ultimis try to hinder Primis?

• 1 year later...

Archived