Grief Tournament

anonymous

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
10 hours ago, The Meh said:

I think I'd like it if the teams were reposted over to this page.

Added, can the person who's on my team send me a message?

I'm in an odd situation right now. @SneakyNinja4782 has replied that today 1 PM EST is alright for him, @GolemThe3rd said the unfortunately, he couldn't play today. WTFuzzle messaged me that he could only play today after 2.30 PM. The rest either deleted their account or hasn't replied since a few days, and I don't expect them to reply today.

I am the only non-American in this tournament, making the timezone stuff way more complicated. If I wouldn't take part, you can just play any time and WTFuzzle could also take part. So I messaged RequixEclipse yesterday about this, and that it perhaps is better if I won't participate but merely am the referee (which is for me, truly, not bad). That being said a new time after 2.30 has to be set.

On top of this, I'm unsure if the players in Challonge will all show up, and at the right time. What's comes in more handy for you Meh, 1 PM or later?

• Moderators

@The_Meh and @RequixEclipse and any other participants out there, if any. This second planning went a bit too...chaotic. Just like the last time. On Reddit there were some folks who wanted to participate (under another tine) but since I replied to them a few days ago I haven't heard anything of them. I'm sorry to tell that perhaps we should scrap this tournament. We should play Grief one time with CoDZ members among each other, just for fun, for sure. But no tournament, or at least not in the way I tried to do it. It's not anyone's fault, creating a forum thread for a tournament is just a bad idea, I guess. So I'm going to a BBQ right now and will lose all contact. I'll check the site within a few hours, if anyone replied. But I think a Grief Tournament like this isn't successful.

But don't be sad! Like I said, we definitely should once do a 'CoDZ brothership grief game', and I owe anyone in this thread (with an Xbox, heheheh) to have a Grief match one time. Hear of you later!

10 hours ago, anonymous said:

I'm in an odd situation right now. @SneakyNinja4782 has replied that today 1 PM EST is alright for him, @GolemThe3rd said the unfortunately, he couldn't play today. WTFuzzle messaged me that he could only play today after 2.30 PM. The rest either deleted their account or hasn't replied since a few days, and I don't expect them to reply today.

I am the only non-American in this tournament, making the timezone stuff way more complicated. If I wouldn't take part, you can just play any time and WTFuzzle could also take part. So I messaged RequixEclipse yesterday about this, and that it perhaps is better if I won't participate but merely am the referee (which is for me, truly, not bad). That being said a new time after 2.30 has to be set.

On top of this, I'm unsure if the players in Challonge will all show up, and at the right time. What's comes in more handy for you Meh, 1 PM or later?

Personally, I don't quite mind when. I'm busy in the morning Monday to Thursday, and I am quite a bit more busy on Monday and Wednesday as well with classes. That being said, I'm free the rest of the day around 4PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and free the whole day Friday up until 8PM. Weekends are the most free time I have as well, I don't have to worry about classes or work then.

At the end of the day, honestly, I don't think I have much issue with how it stands. Just... as long as I can get contacted better. That being said... yeah, it'd probably be better if someone contacted through my Xbox GT as well. I've not gotten much in the line of messages over Xbox from my teammate, and I guess I'd prefer it if that were happening.

...also, uh... yeah, if you guys can as well. Just a thought there. *shrug*

5 hours ago, anonymous said:

@The_Meh and @RequixEclipse and any other participants out there, if any. This second planning went a bit too...chaotic. Just like the last time. On Reddit there were some folks who wanted to participate (under another tine) but since I replied to them a few days ago I haven't heard anything of them. I'm sorry to tell that perhaps we should scrap this tournament. We should play Grief one time with CoDZ members among each other, just for fun, for sure. But no tournament, or at least not in the way I tried to do it. It's not anyone's fault, creating a forum thread for a tournament is just a bad idea, I guess. So I'm going to a BBQ right now and will lose all contact. I'll check the site within a few hours, if anyone replied. But I think a Grief Tournament like this isn't successful.

But don't be sad! Like I said, we definitely should once do a 'CoDZ brothership grief game', and I owe anyone in this thread (with an Xbox, heheheh) to have a Grief match one time. Hear of you later!

I read this just after posting that last comment. Whoops.

Yeah no, I'm okay with that.

I will say that it's still kind of possible to run the tourney. I mean, they run CoDz Olympics all the time and it works out. I'm sure you can ask the people running that for a bit of help.

But otherwise, yeah. If we wanna do a general game of Grief together, I'm game.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, wesleykg00 said:

I sincerely apologize for missing the tournament yesterday. I had full intentions of participating but life got in the way. I am deeply sorry.

Hey man, no need to sorry. I had kinda the same thing: A local football club became national champion and while I give nothing about that sport championship means friends, coziness and beer.

Let just do a friendly grief match another time. No obligations, no time set, just on impulse one day.

I’m going to host a Grief tourney tonight and tomorrow morning. Xbox players Please reply with your available at 01:30 CST tonight. I will add you and be creating the lobby once I get home. If you can’t make it tonight I will host another at 11:00 CST  tomorrow morning. I apologize for my absents I had an unexpected travel for work come up.

On 4/15/2018 at 10:02 AM, anonymous said:

Im non american and i can play on the 21st or 22nd  after 2pm GMT   GT = ItzHarryPotter1

8 hours ago, RequixEclipse said:

I’m going to host a Grief tourney tonight and tomorrow morning. Xbox players Please reply with your available at 01:30 CST tonight. I will add you and be creating the lobby once I get home. If you can’t make it tonight I will host another at 11:00 CST  tomorrow morning. I apologize for my absents I had an unexpected travel for work come up.

I have a problem i dont get home until  half past 3 because of school

i f u could host a little bit later then that would be great

Plus im on GMT

Alright guys I have free time all day today! Please let me know if you are free to play and what time. If we can get a solid 8 (Including myself) we will start today. It can serve as a 1st round completion. If the winners are not available to start the 2nd round we will move the 2nd match to a later date. 

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Dr Edward Richtofen v2 said:

When will the first round be hosted since im available today after school and tomorrow after school and same for friday also im available saturday and sunday

I might be able Sunday. Timezone?

• 1 month later...

Archived