WWII Zombies: Frederick Barbarossa

ZombiesIsKey

Frederick Barbarossa is the man that we can see in the photos in the document that we unlocked using the Call of Duty Clasified website.

From what I can find using the internet, here is what we can put together to find out more about this character.

Frederick Barbarossa was a Holy Roman Emperor from 1155 until his death. He was also elected the King of Germany on the 4th March 1152. He then became the King of Italy in 1155 and was crowned Roman Emperor on the 18th of June that same year. He was also later crowned King of Burgundy on the 30th June 1178.

He was named Barbarossa by the northern Italian cities and the name Barbarossa means "Red Beard" in the Italian language.

Barbarossa's death was caused by him drowning in a river called the Göksu River. But this is where things get interesting...

According to a King in the mountain Legend, he is in fact not dead. The Legends says that he sleeps in a hidden chamber underneath the Kyffhäuser hills. There was a phrase that said

"when the ravens cease to fly around the mountain he will awake and restore Germany to its ancient greatness"

Could this legend be the reason he is in these pictures? The fact that it says he is pretty much undead makes it very interesting. I really like that quote though especially the part about him awakening to restore Germany to its ancient greatness. That just puts so many thoughts into my head that I'm bursting with enthusiasm to see what this guy actually has to do with the storyline - if he actually does that is.

Could he be some time of great leader and could he also be the zombie that we seen on the reveal image?

What is your thoughts ?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

I have found something interesting. I was searching "truth behind German zombie experiments" on google, and this was basically the first result.

http://www.salon.com/2015/08/22/did_nazis_really_try_to_make_zombies_the_real_history_behind_one_of_our_weirdest_wwii_obsessions/

Some talk about familiar things, like Agartha, Vril and the Thule Geselschaft. But also the following. Please take the time to read it, because I'm almost certain I am on the right track.

On 28 April 1945, at a munitions factory depot called Bernterode, in the German region of Thuringia, 40,000 tons of ammunition were found. Inside the mine, investigating American officers noticed what looked like a brick wall, painted over to match the color of the mineshaft. The wall turned out to be 5 feet thick, the mortar between the bricks not yet fully hardened. Breaking through with pickaxes and hammers, the officers uncovered several vaults containing a wealth of Nazi regalia, including a long hall hung with Nazi banners and filled with uniforms, as well as hundreds of stolen artworks: tapestries, books, paintings, decorative arts, most of it looted from the nearby Hohenzollern Museum. In a separate chamber, they came upon a ghoulish spectacle: four monumental coffins, containing the skeletons of the 17th century Prussian king, Frederick the Great (Barbarossa), Field Marshall von Hindenburg, and his wife. The Nazis had seized human relics of deceased Teutonic warlords. The fourth coffin was empty, but bore an engraved plate with the name of its intended occupant: Adolf Hitler. The return of these corpses to their proper resting places was a military operation called “Operation Bodysnatch,” as termed by “Monuments Man” Captain Everett P. Lesley, Jr.

It was never clear what the Nazis planned to use these disinterred bodies for, but conspiracy theorists offered no shortage of suggestions. In 1950, a Life magazine writer speculated that “the corpses were to be concealed until some future movement when their reappearance could be timed by resurgent Nazis to fire another German generation to rise and conquer again.” This article’s specific wording, “rise and conquer again,” which was read by hundreds of thousands when it first came out, could be interpreted either metaphorically or literally — and this is perhaps where the idea that the Nazis hid the bodies in hopes of resurrecting their fallen warlords came to be. Add this to the gruesome experiments in which some Ahnenerbe researchers were engaged, and this “Nazi zombie” theory gets easier to understand.

A random Nazi Zombies link talking about stolen paintings and Frederick Barbarossa? Can't be coincidence. Once I have more time, I'll investigate it a bit more

Archived