Reznov's 9th step to Escape

Ok guys, this might seem a little random. Back before BOII was released I came up with this idea for the campaign section. Now that Origins is relevant, why not post it.

Anyway, I heard someone saying that each map from WaW-BOI corresponds to a step in Reznov's plan.

Secure the Keys - Nacht der untoten you learn the basics.

Ascend from Darkness - Verruckt has a power switch

Rain Fire - The meteor crash landed at Shi No Numa

Unleash the Horde - Der Riese is where they originally escaped from

Skewer the Winged Beast - not entirely sure about this tbh

Wield a fist of Iron - Five is the first with death machine

Raise Hell - Ascension rocket launch

Freedom - This is the transition between CotD and Shangri-la, in which you send the crew to paradise.

I always wondered why Moon didn't have a step associated with it. It was a very climactic map. Then I took a closer look at the BOI Campaign. The level description for the mission Revelations is "Uncover the Truth." During this mission, Mason is still brainwashed. He breaks free from it at the end of this mission. So prior to this, he is still metaphorically incarcerated by this concept of Reznov. His final step to truly being free of the burden of Reznov is to Uncover The Truth. That is step 9.

null_zps1d4863ae.jpg

This fits pretty well with moon, right? The characters were all just kinda following Richtofen for a long time without knowing his motives. Suddenly in moon they are revealed and the consequences are catastrophic.

Alternately in origins, The actual act of stepping on the teleporter could be considered "Freedom." However, the cutscene itself is reflective of Uncover the Truth.

This doesn't necessarily mean that the Origins ending is real. However we should note that these steps have come back to haunt us potentially across every title in the series thus far. We need to bear them in mind next year.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic