New zombies mechanic ideas: mutations, abilities, and innovative kinnect technology

With the XBOX one coming standard issue with a kinnect, I thought to myself: How could one use this to their advantage and I thought of these few ways: 

1: Zombie and teammate distraction: 

In multiplayer now, there are no more UAVs, instead a complex system of sound is used to draw attention to a player's whereabouts. Finding broken pipes, telephones, and other things of this nature can allow one to "throw" their voice to another location, giving the impression of a nonexistent enemy on the minimap. 

In zombies the same tactic is used not only to distract the predator, but as a signal for others as well: 

there is no longer a "down" symbol above your head, instead there is a message stating: ____ is downed. Your character will need to use the voice ability to either call out in a laud voice (adjusted via bumpers) that will drain your blood slightly faster, or a quite voice that is less easy to find, but allows for longer life. Likewise zombies can be distracted using the same feature as in multiplayer, and can even be led into traps this way. 

2: New mutations: This came to me while playing some batman earlier, this incorporates a brand new round of zombies involving "constrictors" which are horrible mutated corpses with that ability to grab you and strangle you to death. you will need to fight these using kinect technology to shake the vermin off and kill it. Like denizens but they only come once around and it's much more fun to get them off you! 

3: In addition to the new mutants, a new attack will be available as well called a "Bunt" in which one thrusts the controller forward pushing players out of the way as well as zombies, but does not deal damage. However it does stun enemy players in grief and multiplayer. This new ability will open up ways to all kinds of new perks. 

4: In adition to the new mutations ideas for new boss zombies approach as well. Imagine a large brute zombie that is SUPER hard to kill, but it has no eyes. It walks around and depending on your stealth, you can avoid him or engage him. (other zombies do not set him off.)

5: Wonder weapons: Imagine what new abilities we can now unlock with the power of sound and motion sync. :D Whips, megaphones, laser hand-cannons! 

6: Secret words: Now with this technology, imagine maps that the environment responded to secret code words such as "element 1-1-5" would open one corridor in a lab while another code would be said to a perk machine to give you the 25 bonus points. Now imagine a HUGE secret code that is hinted towards on each map in secret locations and once one has seen the code in all DLCs one can activate this hidden code and discover a huge secret! 

The kinnect's abilities are much more imminent then a poor mic and a sensor for cheep rip-offs of wii-sports. The abilities and secrets it could hide in our gameplay now is certainly a force to be reckoned with! 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is potential with the kinect, but you have to recognize that the game is also being made on PC and PS4, so anything big like the voice codes to activate certain parts of the maps would most likely not be implemented since with COD they just make the xbox version and then port it to the other systems. Unfortunately that makes the quality of the game garbage on PC. They could work it into it, but I doubt they would actually take the time and money. I don't know if you've ever noticed how lazy and cheap they are when it comes to making COD. There is still models from COD2 in Ghosts. I've actually seen the same few models in every COD game since COD2. If you go to the top of the bar in green run you will see a matress. That mattress is one of the models that is in every COD game. I was actually just looking through the ghosts models last night and I was noticing a lot of COD4 models. When playing BO2, I've actually noticed a lot of models and textures from World at War being used still. Any way they can cheapen the production of the game, they will. It's a sad fact and it's really causing COD to die out. I know I won't be purchasing anything COD related in the future that doesn't have zombies. Even that might not be enough to get me to buy it. I'd have to play it first to see how the gameplay is.

I actually just Tweeted this because I like making fun of COD https://twitter.com/ConvictioNDR/status/447206966230671360